Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » ...Allo?

So... hi? I just started RP. (Well, forum RPing) I was recommended this site by a friend who already uses this site. I decided to try it to elaborate on characters which I want to use in novels. If that would have undesirable effects, then I'll make new characters for character building practice. I can has friends?
Yuka

Welcome to RPR! What sort of genres do you prefer? :)
Dietus Topic Starter

I would say fantasy, but in reality, I haven't done much, so I really don't know. However, a number of my characters are going to *require* fantasy elements simply to work properly. For example: I'm planning on including another character who is going to have the head of an elephant. Simply wouldn't work in a non-fantasy RP.
Kim Site Admin

Using RP to help character build for personal writing is a very common and popular strategy. Really, the only thing that you have to look out for is that if you're also gathering story elements, not just personality building, you should ask the other players in the scene if they are comfortable with you using their ideas in your books, and absolutely ask before using anyone else's characters!

But there is a large community of writers on the RPR, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding people who relate! I know a pretty large swath of our membership is participating in NaNoWriMo right now as well! :)
Dietus Topic Starter

Well, that's lovely. I would say that I am flexible, and willing to only use this for personality building. I have ideas for what will happen, and need not include anybody else's characters, but I want to bounce my characters about to interact with others to get a feel for their dialog, mannerisms, and overall practice on writing them. Well, hope this site works for me, thank you!
Kim Site Admin

Sounds like the perfect plan! :)
Welcome to RPR! I hope you're enjoying yourself here. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, we're a super friendly bunch here! <3

You are on: Forums » Introductions » ...Allo?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus