Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Infestation (Private)

Gravemind (played by Dreath)

Four years had passed since the Normandy and her crew came back from the parallel universe. After the events which led to an encounter with the terrifying flood, the lethal force of a mighty alien cult order, one of it's surprisingly honorable leaders and a insane ai. After sending the flood research world of Siren into the red giant it orbited and escaping back to their own universe at the destruction of a mass relay. With their Geth ally ZK now inside the body of the 'late' forerunner ai 487 Reliant Flare they put a bit of effort into examining the forerunner drone body. They collected and examined some flood samples from that world but they could only determine the extreme parasitical nature of the creatures. However when they got out of the other universe the flood samples were not aboard. Believing or hoping they were destroyed upon transfer they put little thought into it. But they could not have known what really happened.

Far off in the upper end of the galaxy in some unexplored systems the flood specimens were released and thrived. With the jungle world having a massive amount of life on it, it was perfect for the flood to consume. With four years to interact and contaminate all life on it they had the whole planet consumed and billions of tons of biomass. Most of the infected animals had out lived their combat capabilities. This led to them growing grotesque bulbs on their backs. These bulbs contained several infection forms kept in a liquid which allowed them to cultivate and grow. Now being 'carriers' they were not suited for combat but could be extremely useful for spreading the infection. Even the plant life on this planet was infected. The many trees were covered in layers of the flood mucus and the whole planets atmosphere was made a bit thicker with an unimaginable amount of spores in the atmosphere.

Entering the system a large Quarien expedition ship came out of light speed near this infected jungle world. "This is captain Zaluus Vas Salvation making a captains log. We have come across an unexplored region of the galaxy. The planet were have discovered seems to have a thick dark atmosphere but it allows us to see the surface. We shall go down to the surface the scan the planet and take some samples." A Quarian male stood over a control panel and made the recording. "Captain we shall be planet side in five minutes." A female Quarian in the similar dark or navy blue suit informed her captain. "Aye aye." He replied. The massive ship had a crew of thirty Quarians mostly scientists and geologists. They were on the prowl for other planets to occupy or mine. Their ship called the Salvation was a Human ship with a long body with a large ball about three quarters towards the back. Being just over nine hundred meters the ship could comfortably sustain about forty crew for up to five years. The engines on the back began to glow blew as they entered the atmosphere. With it's clean grey coloring and the control deck on the large sphere the ship was unique in design. The large ball contained most of the crew living quarters and other essentials. The longer parts of it were mainly engine rooms and coolant tanks.

Once the ship made landing on a large plateau. "Captain basic scans register the atmosphere as containing mainly oxygen but some other contaminants. Likely plant spores or some form of ash. The planets massive amount of fauna would suggest this." The same female crew member says from a console. "This planet seems almost ill. It is rather creepy. Well we will not be here long. Collect some of this strange foliage in secure tanks and some scans and soil samples. See if there is any occupants. Animals or anything." The captain gave his orders and the under side of the main front tube of the ship opened up allowing the crew to exist. Twelve of the thirty crew members existed the ship and the captain went with them. "This is an odd world." One male Quarian says rubbing some of the slime from the ground between his fingers. "Seems very organic though." A female said. As they began to put some of the odd substances inside jars little did they know many small infection forms lurked.

Hearing some movement the captain turned. He looked around and began to feel nervous. "Pick up the pace. I am not liking this world." His usual tone seemed a bit more concerned. As the male Quarian from before looked into some bulbous growths on the ground he shined his light on them and saw movement. "Ugh captain. These bulbs seem to contain something. They may be some form of egg." He says looking at it. "Stay away from it." The captain says with growing concern. Inside the ship one Quarian saw the ships sensors acting up. Looking at the scans they noticed a deep cavern not too far from them. About Six kilometers south and four kilometers under ground. "Captain the systems seem to be acting up." He said over the comms. "Roger we will be leaving this planet shortly." He replied. After ending the call they heard a scream. "What was that!" The captain said looking around frantically. Looking over to his right he saw a female Quarian on the ground fighting off an infection form. "Oh shit. Get her some help." He says grabbing a pistol from his waist. It was only a stun weapon but it could help. As they ran to help they saw the creature burrow into her. The captains face went pale and sickly seeing the grotesque site. Not that it could be seen. "Aaagh." A scream was heard from a nearby male Quarian. "We are under attack!" He said over the inter comm.

"Captain whats going on out there?!" A panicked male said over the communications. "We are being attacked by some form or parasitic creature." He said as he saw the Quarians who had been attacked rise with tentacle like appendages out of their left arms which had now split. Screaming was heard from inside the ship as the captain turned to see hundreds of the infection forms enter the ship. "What are they?" He heard over his comms from the bridge. A few shots were heard followed by a sickly scream and a few bony snaps. The captain turned to run but was knocked back by an infected Quarian. The rotted flesh and torn suit made the once friendly Quarian a monstrous abomination. He crawled back as his eyes teared up in fear. He seemed to be surprised as the creatures didn't attack him. He stood up and ran into the jungle. Seeing his ship be an infected mess as the fungus began to grow in it after such a short time. He ran hearing the screams of his crew in his head. He got about two hundred meters away when he grabbed a long range communicator off his waist. He looked back seeing a dark chasm. Looking back to were he came several dozen infection forms and a few combat forms crept up. He moved back as his foot touched some lose soil causing it to collapse. Looking forwards he was frozen in fear seeing his crew now mutated beyond recognition. He heard some kind of sticky and moist movement behind him. As he turned he saw a two inch thick tentacle. His eyes widened behind his suit as it coiled around his waist and pulled him down. He screamed as he went into the darkness. A deep chuckle could slightly be heard as the Quarian was pulled out of view. He could be heard being dragged for several kilometers before stopping. The Quarians inside the ships command bridge managed to hit the emergency beacon before being infected. This sent out a signal asking for help. On a near by screen the feed of the deep chasm near by was updated showing a massive cave system beneath the whole area around were the ship landed. The beacon was sent out into space. But with no warning for what anyone would encounter on the world.
Soon out of Space came a Turian cruiser, The Archangel. The crew was made up of various different aliens, mostly Turians, though there were plenty of humans, Asari, Salarians, and maybe even a few Geth or Krogan. The head of the ship was Garrus, having recently gained Spectre status due to hsi efforts against Sovereign, the Collectors, the Reaper War, and his work as 'Archangel' on Omega. Beside it came a much smaller Krogan vessel, The Crimson Varren. It was primarily owned by a well known Volus banker and Diplomat, Kaknar Can. "Are you certain you want to land on the planet as well? All we got was the distress signal. No description of what happened, and it may very well be extremely ugly."Garrus said to a hologram of the Volus banker. "Oh please. No need to *Hhhhhk* worry about me Palaven-Clan. I was on Thessia during its attack from the Reapers,*Hhhhhk* and once you've seen a Banshee there*Hhhhhk* isn't much that can take you off guard."Kaknar said. Garrus sighed. "Alright. If you leave the ship don't forget to grab a body guard or two. This planet's never been explored so who knows what could be on it."Garrus said. "I'm sure I can handle that."Kaknar said, glancing back at his main body guards which consisted of a Turian Havoc named Palpus Tyrutti, a Krogan Vanguard named Threskgar Girro, and oddly enough, a Collector named Pllo.

Soon The Archangel and The Crimson Varren had both landed on the planet. "Well, this is disgusting."Threskgar said as he exited the ship, glancing down at the slime puddle he'd stepped in. "Well, it could be worse. I think."Palpus said stepping off the ship, making sure to avoid the puddle of slime. "So, where's Kaknar? Is he staying on the ship?"Garrus asked approaching the two. "Kaknar and Pllo'll be out here any minute."Threskgar said, glancing back into the ship. Sure enough, out waddled the Volus, followed by the Collector. "Of all the people to have on your crew, why have a collector? Hell, how did Kaknar convince it to stay?"Garrus asked. Palpus shrugged. "I have no idea. I think he saved the Collector's life or something."Palpus explained. "*Hhhhk*So, what are you planning on doing?"Kaknar asked Garrus. "Well, we're going to look around for the Salvation. Like I said, no bodies forcing you to come with us. I know you don't have any combat training, and we certainly wouldn't be hurt if you decided to stay behind."Garrus said, trying to get Kaknar to go back to his ship. "No, I'm fine. If this planet*Hhhhk* has violent but sapient *hhhhhk* natives, I mat be able to work out a *hhhhhk* peace."Kaknar said. "Alright. Should htings get ugly, here."Garrus said, handing the Volus a pistol.

Elsewhere in the Galaxy, the GASA ship, the Polyanthus, was floating through space. Naal and Zk headed down one of the Corridors on the Salarian ship. "Okay, so the Engines good. FTL is up and running properly. Life support's okay, anything else left we need to check?"Naal asked Zk. The geth, now in a more standardized platform then his original, made several odd noises. "We would consider evaluating the weapons systems."Zk said. "Alright, back to the engineering deck!"Naal announced turnig around, almost immediately slamming into Riisart. "Oh, my apologies Naal."Riisart said, helping the Quarian up. "Ugh, whats the hurry? Didn't see you come out of your lab."Naal said. "Just looking for those specimens again."Riisart said. "Still? Look Riisart, it's been four years. Those weird alien mushroom things are dead."Naal said. "Yes, but why would they fungal organisms die, yet we survived? Plus there weren't any corpses so we can't confirm their death. Alongside that, their containers were found empty."Riisart said. "The prospect of these organisms having escaped is a disturbing one, to say the least. Entire ecological systems would collapse. From what we've encountered first hand, this fungus would've utterly consumed an entire planet in under a decade. If some ship unwittingly brought this parasite aboard, and then transported it to a new system, we could have another plantary destruction. And hsould this repeat itself the parasites would slowly become a very credible threat. They are very similar to a virus."Riisart said in a quickened, worried tone. "Look, the mushrooms are dead. Perhaps things simply heated up too much for them? The ship did get hot, and we still don't know much about them."Naal said. "I wouldn't be too concerned with them."He added. "Besides, didn't our boss still want some more diagnostics on that shell?"Naal asked. "Y-yes. Brazz was wanting more data on the sphere..."Riisart said. "Well, then focus on that. Keela, I'll even dig up the hunk of junk for ya."Naal said.

"So, how've you been?"Alice asked from a hologram. "My superiors are having me take these stupid tests to see if i'm knowledgeable enough to become a biologist."Paana groaned. "My time in the turian military would be heaven compared to a biology class."Paana said. "Well, haven't you told them you're jsut supposed to be a soldier?"Alice suggested. "Yes, but Doctor Brazz Prut seems convinced that I have potential in the scientific fields."Paana said. "He said that the best way to show that would be a bunch of stupid tests."Paana grumbled. "So, how have you been? I assume you haven't had to study for some stupid science quiz?"Paana asked. "Well, I think I could be better. Recently got stationed on a ship owned by some guy named 'Banshee', which I assume he got that name because either A, he screams like a little girl when he's scared, or B, because he's an ungodly loud drunk."Alice said. "I'd much rather put up with a loud drunk trooper than deal with my boss."Paana said. "Oh, that's not the half of it. His crew's got a violence obsessed Geth named Swarm, a pair of Twins who go by Sketch and Sketchetelle for some reason, an insanely optimistic Asari named Anedralea Sebuf, and finally a freaking VORCHA,"Alice said. "We allow Vorcha to work for us?"Paana asked surprised, "Ironically, I like him the most. Even if he does drool alot, and constantly yells, he's surprisingly polite and friendly."Alice said.
Gravemind (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

The planet seemed calm at first. Nothing to suggest hostiles. However the entire ecosystem seemed very off. The strange fungal substance was everywhere from trees to the ground hell it even seemed to be slightly in the air. The smell was unique but had the scent of decaying flesh. The unique smell would seem some how familiar for Garrus but with no proper memory of why. They would look around and find several large bulbous sacs around the area. They seemed to be like a thin leathery substance with a thin waxy coating. If they are touched they seem to react slightly. Shaking a bit as if it was a living creature in itself. They landed a full two kilometers from the Salvation. The air on the planet seemed different. It had almost a breath like quality to it. The shrubs and what you could assume where plants almost had a fleshy appearance to it.

There was no animals or native life in the area. The infection forms were not attack but instead remaining still in the foliage. Everything down to their chemical signature would come off just like the surrounding environment. As the Volus banker looked around seeming to be sizing up profits the Krogan sniffed the air. Avoiding the new comers the combat forms hid at the Salvation guessing that was their destination. The Salvation had a lot of the bulbous sacs in it. Large piles of the pile like fungus was on the walls. It was as if the planet was growing inside it for a few days despite it only being a matter of hours. The crew would need to hike through the brush to reach the ship. Being cautious as not to invoke 'unwanted attention'.

The Polyanthus was holding the 'corpse' of Flare. The metallic sphere was showing no signs of life once ZK existed. With closer examination it would become clear there was some sort of sensor around the eye. This would explain how it acted and behaved like it was an actual eye but with many uses. With no more to gain from the physical examination the internal examination would need to take place. If anything would be found or not is the question.
As the crew treked through the brush, Pllo's wings suddenly buzzed to life. The others glanced back at Pllo, with Palpus and Threskgar looking down at Kaknar, being fully aware of what was going on. "*Hhhhk* Sorry, I forgot to mention, Pllo*Hhhhk* speaks through his wings."Kaknar said. "He was *Hhhhhk* wodnering why the planet was *Hhhhhhk* squishy like this."Kaknar explained. "Can't it just be a weird planet?"Palpus asked. Pllo looked around, something was clearly up. Even planets covered in sentient insects weren't this slimey. Something had to be going on. Considering how expansive the Prothean empire was, it's entirely possible that Pllo had been to this system in his past, though given its current form, he wouldn't recognize it.

Soon they came upon the Salvation. "Yugh.... How long has this ship been here?"Threskgar asked. "A couple of hours. Maybe a day at most."Garrus said, heading up the ramp. "Hey, close the ramp. I found the Salvation covered in the same gunk that the ground is. Not sure how long it took to get like this, don't want to risk The Archangel."Garrus said over the comms. "I agree with the Turian, if you heard his orders. Close up the ship."Kaknar said, doing the same as Garrus.

"So, how do we open this?"Naal asked, looking at Flare's shell. "Hmmm..... Perhaps there is some sort of seem we could follow?"Riisart suggested. Naalshrugged and closely inspected the shell, hoping to find something that would help split the shell open.

As the crew stood out front of the Salvation the infection forms began to come into motion. Moving inside the jungle itself they began to surround the group. There numbers were in the thousands as they prepared for a surround assault. Pllo however felt the movement. He turned his head and looked around knowing there was something there. He moved his wings accordingly. The infection forms could tell this somehow. In what could be described only as a tactical move. Leaping out of the brush they swarmed. A soft and deep slushing sound could be heard as their bodies ran towards their prey.

The body showed no sign of any form of seam. The creation of it was done in an almost perfect manner. As if it was built around the core forming a perfect seal. The body seemed to twitch slightly as you touched it. The eye also got a slight glow to it. A light the size of a pin head in the dead center of the eye lit up. This showed some form of life. The eye however was white with no personality or movement. It was likely a basic start up mode.
Pllo's wings buzzed to life as the infection forms swarmed. Within a few moments several seeker swarms had began to buzz around pllo. "We're being attacked by rotting sushi?"Threskgar asked. "Sushi?"Palpus replied. "Human stuff."The krogan said, creating a biotic barrier around himself, adding to his already present shielding, and natural resilience. Palpus activated his rockets, hovering off the ground and out of reach of the flood, firing at them with his phaeston. Garrus opened fire on the flood with his avenger. Kaknar opened fire with his pistol, soon taking cover behind Garrus.

The instant Flare's light came on, Naal immediately hopped back several feet drawing his side arm, aiming at the monitor's shell. Riisart glanced at him skeptically. "That thing tried to kill Paana, Zk, Alice, and I."Naal explained. "Yes, as did the parasitic fungal life forms. But I didn't draw my weapons on them."Riisart said. He inspected the monitor further, not finding anyway to open it. "I don't think there's anything else we can learn from it at the moment."Riisart sighed.

As the infection forms swarmed the combat forms leaped out of the ship. six of them hitting the barrier shattered it. One of the Turians got hit and an infection form leapt inside. The combat forms struck with as much force as an enraged krogan. As they were dismembered by Garrus and his Avenger one hit the Volus. His suit got a slight tear in it and the flood let out a shriek like sound. As they fought them they saw they were the crew. Garrus would remember the monstrosities and maybe even how they could be here.

Flares body seemed to begin hovering slightly. It just sat there above the ground by three feet hovering as if rebooting. The system didn't move. Meanwhile inside it the damaged ai of Flare was emerging again. Being in a state of sleep for four years it woke up but did not take control of the body. It remained in the back of the system thinking and recalling what happened. It would not be able to have control over the body without being fired upon and it's need to survive was bordering on something primal.
"Great..."Garrus groaned. "Some how I'm not surprised a Salarian did this."He added, taking out a few combat forms. Pllo had already taken down several combat forms, quickly making his skill in battle evident, particularly with his biotics and he had quickly adapted to his swarms. Being born towards the ned of the Prothean Reaper war most likely had a hand in this. It wasn't long before the troopers began to become overwhelmed, many soon becoming infected. Pllo had a combat form pinned to the ground. He noticed the waving feelers sticking out of the chest, and noticed the infection forms had similar feelers. He grabbed them and tore out the infection form as the body went limp. His wings buzzed to lfie as he took out another combat form. "*Hhhhhk* He said to aim for the chest!*HhhhhhhK*"Kaknar announced. Thankfully for him, his suit was custom made, and had quickly sealed itself.

Naal kept his pistol aimed at the monitors body, as Riisart examined it. "Fascinating!"He said eagerly. "I must contact Brazz!"Riisart announced, going over to the holo console and pressing several buttons on it. "Naal, if this monitor tried to kill you I think it may in our best interest that you left the room. For your own safety of course."Riisart said. "Fine. Keep it from leaving."Naal said, motioning for ZK to follow him as he left.

They would have no choice but to move into the ship. The amount of infection forms would over whelm them. Garrus would be able to notice the more planed and less random and ravenous attacks since last time. As they they learnt to think. A combat form leaped at Pllo and struck his exposed wings tearing one of them. The infected Quarian was then smashed through the chest with biotics. However some of them just had the infection forms killed and were being reinfected.

Flare was able to look through the eye of the monitor system without showing his presence. "There you are." He says to himself. He managed to examine the room when he found the hologram projector. Looking at it he noticed it had ports for receiving information. He saw this as a way he could use to escape this body but should wait till the time was most appropriate for him to strike.
Pllo staggered back, his un injured wing still buzzing, most likely swears at the flood. Soon he sent out a powerful biotic shockwave. He had gone into his awakened mode. Green biotic energy surged through his body, as his power doubled. His awakened state was similar to a collector being possessed by harbinger, though much less self harming, at the sacrifice of not being on the exact same power level as a prossessed collector. He shot out several biotic blasts tearing through flood combat forms in his rage. "PLLO! COME ON!"Threskgar shouted, hoping the collector would hear him. Pllo glanced back at the retreating survivors, eventually deciding to pull back himself. He sent out a final Biotic wave to slow the combat and infection forms before making his way onto the ship. Palpus was already at the control station pressing multiple buttons on it. After a few seconds the ramp rose, tearing through the biomass that had grown over it as it shut.

Soon the holographic projection of another salarian appeared before Riisart. "Greetings Brazz. I haven't made much progress with the alien sphere we recovered, but it has activated. It seems to be starting up. Perhaps we may be able to get a better understanding of the AI once it is fully active."Riisart said eagerly. The salarian glanced back at the Forerunner monitor skeptically. "Alright. Once it's fully active get any information you can."The salarian said before disconnecting.

The flood were pushed back and damaged enough allowing time for them to enter the ship. With the ramp up they were safe for the time being. A Turian soldier took his helmet off to take a breath. "What the hell where they?" He asks panting his riffle in his hand. The biomass leaked from the roof and onto the floor. After removing his helmet he scrunched his face at the smell. The ship seemed to have a bit of biomass and over it and a light layer along the ground which seemed to allow the flood better movement. This was more liquid like and covered the ground in a thin millimeter.

"What happened to me? I remember being hit by an EMP and then. Then I have no memory. This is not my installation however." The ai remained in his shell, hidden. He seemed to have no memory of what had happened after he was hit by the EMP. The monitors shell began to twitch as its eye became brighter with the white glow.
"I don't remember what they're called, but a Salarian with GASA studied them. He said they were a type of fungus or parasite. We didn't figure out much though."Garrus said, leaning against a console."As you saw they infect people and try to spread themselves. Though they seem more Organised this time."Garrus said.

"Greetings. You are on the Polyanthus. My name is Riisart. I assume your installation was that world we were on. I am un certain how, but it fell into the sun."Riisart said, recalling the events that happened.

"Organized? How can a fungus be organized?" The Turian asked seeming anxious and angry. Deeper inside the ships several carrier forms waited residing in what looked like a maintenance room. The heat from there acted as great incubation for them. There were three combat forms wandering the halls. They were not focusing on the new comers instead they seemed to be patrolling the command center.Inside a low down storage cabinet a young Quarian engineer sat in their holding his mouth piece. Somehow he managed to hide and avoid the flood for all this time. But he was quickly becoming more exhausted and needing rescue as the flood closed in.

The monitor shell remained floating slowly resetting. Flare inside heard the response about his shield world. A deep anguish grew in him. Something he never knew he had. The ability to feel personal anger. The anger he had on the shield world was him following protical and going by what he was meant to do with the same emotions an organic life form would feel. But now without his shield world he felt almost free. With no more purpose in the form of studying the flood and keeping them contained he had his first free thoughts in over a hundred thousand years. The monitor began to flicker as a slight purple could be seen.
"Plenty of people said something similar about the Reapers existing. I don't know how it can be organized, it just is."Garrus said. "Junus. Thsi is Garrus. Don't let anyone off or on the ship until I give you the all clear."Garrus said to the Archangel's pilot over the comms. "In actuality i'd prefer you be up in orbit or just generally off the ground."Garrus said. "Open comms with the banker ship next to us, give them the same orders I just gave you."Garrus added.

"I do apologize for the destruction of the world, assuming that it was your installation, or contained your installation. On the bright side that fungal parasite was wiped out, and thus no longer posses a threat. Perhaps if you have scientific interest I may be able to convince my superiors to give you a job."Riisart said, glancing over his shoulder at Flare. "Considering your origin in another universe. Or Galaxy, assuming we just jumped out of our galaxy, there would be plenty for you to learn, research, and quite possibly discover. And GASA could certainly use an Ai as complex as yourself."Riisart said.

"Could they have something to do with it? Could this be some kind of rejected reaper experiment?" The turian soldier asks clearly not as trusting of Garrus as the others. "Roger that sir. I will remain in lower orbit and keep my distance from anything on the planet. I am trying to contact the bankers ship but it seems to be having some interference. The ships went a bit further south to take scans from orbit. This planets atmosphere is interference with ship to ship communications. It could be the humidity." The ships Pilot was quick to react and respond to Garrus's orders.

Inside the body Flare saw his opportunity. The monitors eye flashed purple before turning a solid purple. "Greetings I am 487 Reliant Flare. I would be grateful to work with you. I could learn a lot from this universe and you could learn allot from me." He said this in the same almost gleeful tone as he did when he first met them on his shield world. "May I have access to the data you have on what happened to my installation?" He asked requiring proof of it's destruction and to gain as much data as he could while trying to at harmless.
"Alright. Contact them if you get the chance."Garrus added. "And they aren't reaper aligned trust me on that."Garrus said. "So, what do we do now?"Another of the troopers asked. "Hide out here I guess."Threskgar replied.

"Uh, we do not have any official record of the destruction of your installation. It wasn't in our universe, or galaxy, so we decided it wasn't too important to keep track of it."Riisart said. "But I can get you connected to a Vi that could sum up much of the Galaxy's history to this point."Riisart added. "So, what exactly are you? I know you're an Ai, but what was your purpose?"Riisart asked, fiddling around with something on his omni-tool.

As they say this the Quarian hiding hears the echoes of the voices and has a small gasp of shock. This gained the combat forms attention and it looked down and tore the doors open on the cabinet. "Aaagh!" He yells hoping you would hear as he moves back kicking the flood.

"I am a fully functioning ai format created from living tissue. I was made to monitor and control the shield world known as Siren." A small silence went up. "The one you destroyed. It was my purpose to study the flood in hopes of finding a way to make an immunity to them. Rendering the parasite harmless. Your scientists should change their views of other universes technology." He said this with a slightly sad and angry tone. But that would be almost impossible to notice. "For the record their were flood on other installations. All forerunner installations but some had flood."
Garrus turned in the directon of the scream. "Brilliant. They're on the ship too."Garrus grumbled. Soon he headed off in the direction of the scream, followed by the rest of the troopers and Kaknar and his group. The group eventually came across the room the Quarian was in. Garrus opened fire on the combat form, soon killing it. "Are you alright? I assume you're not infected."Garrus said walking over to the quarian.

"I assume this flood is what you use to refer to those fungal parasites. And I would love to convince my superiors to show more interest in technology from outside out galaxy, but that would be nearly impossible. If the technology is outside of our galaxy, we have no way to come into contact with said technology nor no way to study it."Riisart said. "And if we are not there to compromise the fungal parasite's containment, then there would be no need to worry about it."Riisart added. "I feel my superiors may also have more interest in you. And most likely will have more instructions for you that I should not interfere with."Riisart said. Soon he retrieved a consoles from a cabinet. He pressed a few buttons and an orange ball appeared in between Flare and Riisart. It had multiple rotating segments. "Morse, please give Reliant Flare a connection to allow him to come up to speed with the galaxies current events."Riisart said to the VI, who obliged immediately, creating a data link between itself and Flare.

"I. I am Baru Vas Salvation. I was a trainee engineer put onto this ship to work. We landed on this planet and after a few minutes we were over run by these parasites." He says falling a bit back onto the console shaking. "They took everyone. They. They talked. While being infected. They screamed." The kid seemed traumatized not being use to combat.

Flare took note of Riisart. "Maybe. But you should know not to go into unknown environments guns blazing." The monitor had a bit of snarkiness behind him. "Thank you for your vi." With this he began to take information from the vi. "Most intreaging." He says gaining the information. After two minutes he finishes the download. "Well that was a lot of information. These reapers and mass relays seem most intreaging." He floated away to look out a window. "Who are your superiors that I need to talk with?"
"Yeah I know. Not necessarily welcoming."Garrus said. "Are there any more survivors?"He asked.

"Well, we wouldn't have, had we not been under attack."Riisart responded. "And they are very intriguing. We're currently studying them and learning everything we can. They built the Citadel, the Mass relays. And they're fairly dangerous."Riisart added. "The superiors of mine you'll have to speak with would start out with Doctor Brazz Prut. He's incharge of most of the expeditions and studies that occur on the Polyanthus and by its crew. Then you'll have to meet the chief officer. She is in charge of each Expedition overseer, which is what Brazz is. And once w ehave clearance for her you will be granted a position, possibly on the Polyanthus's crew, possibly not, and you will continue to study and research the galaxy and what ever secrets it may hold."Riisart said excitedly. "Though, to do this we will need to go to the Citadel."Riisart explained.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Infestation (Private)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus