Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Epic Adventure Needs Survivors (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

FLIGHT 131: The Five Islands
Modern Fantasy - Survival Mystery - High Magic

Welcome aboard Flight 131, a non-stop adventure destination!

Flight 131 Up is a long term group RP with four characters/players. It is run by a game master (myself) with minimal power over everything. The GM is here to help reveal the island, run the puzzles, and give the challenges. Now, lets get to the plot, shall we?

PLOT
On a routine flight the passengers of Flight 131 find themselves inside an unusual storm. When the plane is damaged by the storm it doesn't fall into the waters below. Instead the plane goes up in the sky until it crashes upside down on a deserted island. Now the four survivors must live against the odds as they find food and shelter. What's the catch? After discovering a mysterious ruin on the island, the survivors find they have gained magical abilities. While they each start with minor elemental abilities (one element each) they soon find out they can learn actual spells and gain power from both practice and a mysterious merchant. This 'merchant' is actually an artifact in the ruins that trades a special kind of material for magic. The rest under PLOT gives away part of the adventure and mystery to come. If you do not wish this, then stop reading PLOT now!

As the story progresses, the survivors find themselves in a second island after they fall through a one way portal. Now, with stronger magic but no resources from the crash, they must fight to survive again. The ruins here have slightly less overgrowth. Eventually they discover a portal here as well. With challenges increasing each island, a monster is discovered to live on this new one. Several, actually, dwell here. And, of course, the ruins are even less overgrown. The next island? Even less overgrown, in fact it appears to have been abandoned within.

DETAILS
While there aren't rolls needed by everyone, there are some game mechanics. As the GM I will be using dice occasionally to keep some of the plot random and some mystery for myself. Most dice usage, however, will be for currency found. The currency found, not an actual type of money, is used to activate certain artifacts and areas across the islands. These can yield items or magic depending on where the 'currency' was given. Other than these in-thread mechanics, and a few other to be discovered, puzzles and maps will both have a thread in which they can be tracked and kept for when needed! Yes, there will be maps, possibly lots of maps, but that will be decided later.

Features
  • Lots of OOC talk.
  • A friendly, engaged group atmosphere.
  • Puzzles
  • A Game Master (myself).
  • Increasing challenges.
  • A merchant system.

If you are interested then please make sure you read the below requirements! If you are interested in this RP, but are not in any time zone shared by the US,or are not able to participate in this adventure, then contact me. The original idea of Flight 131... Up will be done another time. While not as long, it does contain many of the elements this saga holds.

Requirements
  • Minimum of one paragraph responses.
  • Must be able to play a realistic character.
  • Respect and play well with others.
  • Be willing to communicate OOC about the RP.
  • Able to commit to a long term RP. This will last a while.
  • Responses need to be able to keep pace with the rest of the group. This is more squishable (I just like the word) than the rest of the rules. It's best to ask if you have any questions about it.
  • Be located in the Americas. This is purely because of the time zones. We still love the rest of ya, we just can't sit down for a good game day if one member is always asleep when we are awake.This ties in with the above rule. (Again, message me if it doesn't work for you but you are still interested!)
  • Human characters only. Part of the modern fantasy aspect is that people from our own world end up in this high-fantasy island.
  • Lastly, you must be able to contribute to the RP! Don't just respond to someone else, respond and give something to respond to. This will make the adventure enjoyable for everyone!
Sign me up. :)

Mostly because Archer most likely wouldn't fit in this type of fantasy. Unless you count shadows as an element...

Anyways, can I call dibs on air? :P
I'll do it i'll be earth
I'd love to join! Willing to commit :) I can call dibs on water!!
Inkliest Topic Starter

I will bring this to the other members so they can help decide. Thank you all for expressing your interest. I'll send out PMs as soon as it is decided. I should stress how minor these elemental abilities will be, as it's more magic use than a sort of element bender (such as seen in Avatar: The Last Airbender). In fact, it is not until the second island that they are strong enough to help a whole lot, and it is not until the third island that it becomes important for survival. At this point there are many more ways our survivors can use magic than basic manipulation of one element. Also, I did not put this in the requirements, but we'd like the characters to all at least be 18 years of age.
I can add a year for this RP. My stated age is just the typical age I use.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Epic Adventure Needs Survivors (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus