Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Space Viking's Tale(PM before joining)

Reggie the Space Vik (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T)

On the planet Cyross, in a bar in the capital city of Yurozz, was Reggie the Space Viking. He was grumbling to himself. On the bar counter sat his helmet, which had a pair of horns on it that were pointed down. He was clearly drunk, and was still drinking. "Lazy good for noth'ns!"He grumbled.
Icias (played by RoyaleX318)

Icias was working on a star ship in his ship write garage owned by his brother Grislock, 'Bro we got a new ship to do some repairs on!' Icias poked his head out of the engine of a project he had been working on all week, "I'll get right to it!" Grislock pulled Icias by the hide, Grislock was around twelve feet tall, where Icias was only a short ten foot Bearon. "Fine fine, I'll just drop what I'm doing and do it now." Icias's brother pointed to the bar and Icias noticed the horns on the space man's helmet. "Space Viking's? Are there more then one??" Space Viking's were like the bigger fish. They usually hunted Space Pirates. Most of them were heroes, there were acceptation to this of course, but either way Icias wanted to meet this figure. He picked up his tools and got to work on the Vikings spar cruiser.
Reggie the Space Vik (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

Reggie didn't seem to notice Icias, most likely due to his drunken state. He continued grumbling to himself angrily. He finally seemed to notice Icias by the time he had approached the counter. He glanced up at the Bearon. "Either they slipped something in my drink, or they're teach'n polar bears to fly space ships now."He mumbled, eyeing his drink suspiciously. "What's a polar bear doing out here?"He asked.

Icias had been hard at work fixing up Reggie's star cruiser across the street from the bar Reggie was at so the Polar Bearon Reggie was talking to wasn't actually Icias. "The fuel cells had been hit pretty bad," Icias said to his brother who's fur color was more on the brown side. "This is going to cost the man a pretty penny, maybe 16 Thousand Credits..." Icias hit one of the ignition rods with a wrench and watched it shatter, "17 Thousand and counting..." Icias wondered how long it had been since the Viking had taken his ship into a garage. Icias looked over and Reggie was speaking with another Polar Bearon, a female one named Furelly. She was dating Grislock and the two were thinking about living together but with Icias living with his brother things were complicated. "One day I'm going to get off this Ice ball of a planet and do mechanic work for my own Star Ship!" His brother rolled his eyes and the two kept working on Reggies ship as Furelly handed Reggie the bill for his order attempting to cut him off.

Reggie glanced at the bill. "Damn."He said. Apparrently his drunkness was messing with his eyes, as he saw many more zeros then were actually there. "This thing 'sposed to say 140000000000 credits, or am I just that drunk?"He asked.

The bill had been for fourteen credits but once paid, Furelly had another bar keep help her toss the man out on his ass. Icias had been hard at work but they would need more time. For the time being Icias didn't notice the drunk Viking out on the front steps of the space tavern. After a moment or two he saw his brother chuckle, as he looked over his brother called the man a 'drunk fool,' but Icias saw more then that. "Sir, are you ok?" He asked walking over to the man, your ship is almost done, but your bill is going to be rather hefty I am afraid." There were two things that would happen here either the man could pay all of it and Icias would offer to be the mans personally mechanic, and pilot when needed. Or the man wouldn't be able to pay and Icias could try to convince the bank to repossess the ship, taking the Viking on adventures around the galaxy until the drunk fool could buy his ship back. "Do you have Twenty Thousand Credits in your NovaCash Account???"

The man grumbled, glaring back inside the bar. "Thanks. Assholes."He said standing up, before Icias approached him. He looked up at the bear. "Holy crap! Twenty Thousand Credits?!"He yelped. "Yeah. I got it, but it's not on me. Never carry that much."He said. "I got an ATM built into my ship, c'mon."Reggie said, heading towards his ship. He stumbled on nearly every step, it's a wonder her didn't fall over considering how large his gut is. After a few minutes, and several attempts at going up the ramp into his ship, Reggie was on board. He lead Icias to the rec room. As with most rooms on the ship, it wasn't the largest. It had various gadgets about, a few were standard equipment, but plenty of it was self made one of which was a universal game console, A claw machine, and a few other gadgets that seemed to be deactivated robots. Reggie punched his info into the ATm that was in the corner. After a few minutes the Credits were dispenced, taking out a little over half of the money he had in his spending account. "Here ya go."He said, seeming to sober up surprisingly quickly.

Icias saw that the man treasured his ship, "This is a beautiful ship," Icias said, "I'm actually quite jealous of how nice your ship actually is." It was super beat up, and had not been taken to a garage in a hella fort night but it was still a gorgeous rig for how small it was. He looked around before turning to leave, "Thank you for the credits..." He walked out of the ship and processed the order. As his brother finished up tightening some things he completed replacing the ignition rod. "I'd say It'll be ready to depart a bit later tonight sir, back to your grand adventures." Icias took a deep breathe and glanced over at his brother who was still busy, "You should really keep a good mechanic on board with the amount of flying you do with this baby," Icias said trying to hint at what he wanted. But seeing how the man was still a bit drunk he decided to push a bit more, "someone with an outstanding pilot record as well..."

"Well the ships already got a pilot and a mechanic. Half this stuff was built by me."Reggie said, heading out of the ship. "Having a back up wouldn't be too bad though."Reggie said.

Icias looked around, "who is your usual mechanic?" The ships poor up keep was rather sad, "your usual guy is kind of awful, don't tell them I said that, but, ya know... do tell them." He felt kinda down that the man had a mechanic already but the fact that the ship flew here and didn't crash into a glacier was extremely surprising. "I just don't wanna see you stuck without hyper drive capabilities after a star battle sir."

"I'm the Mechanic. Got in a fight with a group of gangsters. A larger ship, run by a bunch of ungrateful bastards, came by and saved me. I hung with them for a while, but didn't have the necessary supplies to repair the ship. Then they ditched me here. Dunno who brought my ship out of their hangar though."Reggie said.

Icias was a bit embarrassed to be looking at the poor craftsmanship this Space Viking had done, "but the air-transfer-units haven't been tuned in over a year, and the gravity conductor is being held together with duck tape and rope, running using two leather belts tied together." Icias and his brother had fixed the ship up in just a few hours so it wasn't in too bad of shape but still, this was kind of pathetic if Reggie did call himself a true mechanic. In fact it was a bit insulting that he thought this is what a mechanics work should look like when there were pros like Icias and Grislock out here, but he wouldn't get into that with a great warrior like a Space Viking. "Anyway, you need to take better care of this ship, or it wont survive another battle like the one you just went through. "If you want, I could ahhhh.... yah know..."

"Oh yeah! That's what I've been needing to get fixed!"He said in a sort of 'Eurica!' tone. Reggie shrugged. "why not? considering I just got kicked out of the group I was with, I'm gonna need to start up my commissions again so I'm nto gonna have the time to keep up with maintenance."Reggie said. "alright, get your stuff and we'll be leaving tomorrow."Reggie said.

"Wait, what?" This was exactly what he wanted but was it too soon? "What about pay, I cant just stop making money... What if I want to settle down one day with a nice Bearon wife.... not barren, we will have children, i mean would have if I knew a female Bearon other then Furelly." Icias stopped himself and took a deep breathe, "I'd love to be your personal mechanic and co-pilot, but I don't think that..." Grislock called Icias over and the polar Bearon held up his index claw to Reggie and walked down the loading bridge to meet his brother. His brother explained the situation to Icias about how apparently the credits bounced, "You mean Reggie's ex-partners cut him off?" This was a surprising turn of events. Icias walked back up to Reggie and explained how the repairs were worth more then the cost of the ship and if he was gonna want his ship he'd either have to pay the rest of Sixteen and a half thousand credits or forfeit his ship to Icias and Grimlock.

"Well, I figure that I would start up taking commissions again for unique tech, so I figure we could split the cash from it fifty fifty. It's not exactly the most stable job but it pays. That plus my Space Vking-ing would add to that."Reggie said before Icias walked off. When Icias returned Reggie's jaw dropped. "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"He yelped. He quickly headed back onto his ship, checking his ATM. Thankfully he had enough left over the cover the costs, but he wouldn't have much left over.

Icias headed back to the books and collected the money from the NovaBanking System, "Your account is nearly drained out... You wont be able to afford Star Fuel," Icias looked at his fuel cell levels. The Viking barely had enough to get out of the atmosphere, "you'll need more credits before we can leave the planet Reg..." Icias was thinking about paying for the fuel himself but he didn't know the man well enough, let's see what king of Viking this space man was.

"Goodie."Reggie grumbled. "Alright, I'll have to get a few commissions then."Reggie said. "You know anyone who likes fancy gadgets and such?"Reggie asked.

Icias rolled his eyes, "Split the cash you get with me sixty, forty and I'll pay the fuel charges," This was one hell of a space hero. The Polar Bearon hoped the mans combat skills were better then his mechanical knowledge and accounting abilities. "What do you say mister?" The Bearon gave the man a half fake toothy grin, this could be the worst investment of his entire life, but hopefully the adventure behind it would be worth it.

"Fifty fifty, I get the fuel. It's my ship."Reggie said, trying to think of quick ways to get money. "I've got some stuff on board I can go ahead and sell. Okay, come on."Reggie said heading back onto his ship and motioning for Icias to follow him.

"fifty five, forty five," Icias smiled, he couldn't believe he was actually doing this, he hadn't been off this planet since he came here around age twelve. Bearons have a normal life span of a hundred and eighty to two hundred years of age and Icias was about a hundred and eight. Technically he had just crossed into adult hood eight years ago. This was the time creatures of his race started settling down and raising families. But not only was he not madly in love, he was also never really the romantic type. The only thing he loved was being a pilot so why not. "keep your stuff, and I pay for your first full gas tank, but I get ten percent more of the loot!... Do we have a deal?" Icias didn't know that these percentages would be changing a lot through the course of his adventures. Percentage points acting as bargaining tokens and gambling chips. Percentages sold for beer or saving lives, it would all just vary. "Do we have a deal, NOW?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Space Viking's Tale(PM before joining)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus