Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Mystery Solving at Mortov Manor (Private RP)

Annie (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Annie was busy looking over the greasy hand print, she was reaching for her phone when she heard her named called out with a question attached to it. "Hey Annie do you know what these books are about?" Levi asked as she looked over the books.

"Mostly just supernatural genres, a few horror books, pseudo-science literature, some dissertations, collected field research... Basically a lot of stuff that keeps the mind thinking." Annie replied as she grabbed her cell phone and turned on the forward camera light. A bright cone of white light shot out and was redirected towards the hand print.

"Hmmm. I guess...we could cross-reference that with the hand prints on the fire exit door I found." Quentin said just as Annie focused the beam on the hand print. But before Annie could examine it better she heard the projector flick on as Amora had turned it on. The projection on the wall started normal enough with the logo of the projector's manufacturer but a flashing speed drive on the side of the device changed the screen to a recording.

"Is this thing on?" a voice said over the speakers connected to the projector.

"Why is that the first thing everyone always says?" Annie said aloud before the recording cut her off.

"If you're hearing this I am in trouble. Yes this is Mr. Wilkson. As I told one of my pupils a few days ago I was planning on investigating some of the strange activity that has occurred periodically in the past at the Mortov Manor on the far south side of town at the top of Crag's cliffs near the sea." the voice of Mr. Wilkson said as the projection grew clearer and his face could be seen speaking to everyone present in the room from the wall's surface.

He was an older man probably in his mid to late 50's, he wore his usual brown trench coat with a faded white shirt and black tie. His thick brown hair was combed back with his patches of poliosis riddled hair streaming back from the temples on his head. People often commented on how much he would look like Mr. Fantastic of the F4 if e ever got rid of his five o'clock shadow.

"My investigations there began droll enough; small inconsistencies, odd occurrences, nothing too out of the ordinary until just last night. I picked up a strange frequency out of no where, at first it sounded like meaningless phrases and numbers and bell chimes... But there was a pattern to it, I'm sure of it. But this isn't even the weirdest part, I felt as if I was being watched - like someone was behind me without making a sound or giving any other indications of physical presence." Mr. Wilkson's recording said, his voice had started a little rattled but was becoming increasingly unhinged as he continued to speak.

"I've also discovered some interesting activity there, I think someone has been using this house periodically. Not the -FZZZZZZT- but the -FZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT-" the recording would say as parts of it would go to static. For the next good while only a few meaningless words here and there would make it out as the file seemed to be damaged or corrupted. "-anyway, this will conclude my report. If I don't make it back... Well... I guess I'll just be another victim. But I must go! -FZZZZZZT- needs me, I have to help somehow! Please don't involve the police, or the FBI, or anyone for that matter. Stay away from Mortov manor if you can help it... I know now that I can't, its too late for me..." Mr. Wilkson said, his voice and facial expressions going from borderline manic to very melancholy. He looked at the group one last time before the recording ended and the flash drive began to smoke, the file would be beyond repair now.

Annie was silent after watching that. She didn't know what to say. But after a few moments she pocketed her phone, turned off it's light and began to walk towards the door. "I'm going over there." was all she would say to the group.
Rhett (played by beefy)

Rhett seemed to have little luck finding anything around the computers until the projector was turned on. He turned curiously as he leaned against the computer desk and listened to what was playing out on the projector curiously. At Annie's little comment, he snickered a bit to himself. Though the little smirk on his face was slowly wiped off his face as the little film progressed. He actually looked fairly startled near the end.

As Annie, spoke and started to leave however, Rhett waved his hands a bit. "Whoa, whoa, wait! Didn't you hear what he just said?! He said 'stay away if you can help it!' I think he meant it!" Rhett said with a small stutter to his voice.
Levi Mannor (played anonymously)

Levi moved over to where Annie was and grabbed her arm, but not to hold her back to show her support. "I agree we should go check it out, I already have a few ideas about what it might be. Plus there is a chance that he is still alive and he also said not to call the police, but if we don't go and we can't call the police who will help him and figure out what's going on?" She stood tall and looked around at everyone, "And if not us, then for all we know someone else could go and end up with the exact same fate."
Amora Alum (played by nerdessofbooks)

Amora quickly turned off the projector, a little bit in shock over what just happened. "I agree with both of you." She said walking over and standing on the side. "Its true that he did say that we shouldn't go, but also Levi is right, he could still be alive and need help." She then looked at Rhett, "Now we all know why we are here in this club, for a mystery, now there is one sitting here on a silver platter waiting for us to take that one juicy bite. Think about the thrill of just being their on a case." She turned and started to pace, "Still there is the thing about danger and well the possibility of other things happening," she said then got quiet as she was calculating things in her head and little bits and pieces of sentences were only loud enough to hear.

She finally stopped pacing, "So I calculated the risk factor along with the actually possibility of the whole thing blowing up in our faces using, well what I did isn't really important. But what is, is that so far we only know that there have been other victims and that others have used the house periodically. So we have a 50% chance of going there when who ever else is using it is gone. Also with some of the things that you could actually make out there was something paranormal their, and if there is something paranormal there, is has about a 64.8% chance of being a poltergeist of vengeful spirit, and a 35.2 percent chance for it to either be a normal spirit or just some other thing. Now the real chance of us being in real danger is 77.32%." She had calculated everything using a common sightings and proof of other sighting in compared with what was happening now. Sadly she didn't say the percent of Mr. Wilkson being actually okay.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Mystery Solving at Mortov Manor (Private RP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus