Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Wishlists & Commissions

Minerva

Is there a wishlist section? Has this been suggested? Like a widget people could add to their OOC profiles with a wishlist? You know, like

[User] wishes for:
Art of character C
Art of character D
Five character slots

As well as, perhaps, something they can put important dates in like:

[User]s birthday is X days away!
[User]s wedding anniversary is X days away!
[Character's scheduled event, like a birthday] is X days away!

And if possible, integrating the wishlist into a public community thing, like kudos and accolades.

[Wishlists]
> Sort by name
> Sort by recent activity
> Sort by (# of) kudos
> Sort by (# of) accolades
> Sort by (# of) character nominations

Etc.

That way if an artist, or someone financially well-off, feels like being generous to some random person in the community, they could go... "Hum... *click* Well... Copper Dragon has been really active and wants art/character slots... Oh, wow, their birthday isn't that far away!"

Just an idea. I figure that sort of method of sorting would even encourage better activity in the community. Especially if, say, when you sort by any category a countdown to a common thing could be checked, like "Display birthday counter" next to their name, so if I sorted by accolades I could find someone very helpful to the community without having to check every profile to know which ones have important events soon.

Also, separate but coming to my mind as I type, what about a Commissions area? There's a lot of cool artists looking to help people out or make a few dollars in the rough economy. What about some sort of community listing an artist can choose to list themselves in, list how many commission slots are available, etc, as well as short blurbs about their average pricing until opening their profile to find more details? That way I could say "Well... I have five dollars. Let me see who has a good style for me, and is available right now!" If you could sort by price, or genre (maybe have people click different potential genres/character types they can draw) and a few other things it could really make things a breeze without having to dig through the forums. Just make sure there's a last-activity thing easily available so nobody tries to contact a long-gone artist.";
Kim Site Admin

Your enthusiasm is totally awesome.

As much as I am always looking for more revenue streams, I'm having enough trouble getting people to buy gifts for people they actually know personally, or things for themselves. Although random philanthropy is awesome, it is much more rare. I'm going to conserve my energy for more likely sources of funds than people who want to throw money into the universe. Although I do recall "the giving tree" thread on the Furcadia forums being totally awesome. Maybe something like that could be tried here.

Birthday reminders are already a thing, and organizing them into a calendar has been suggested (and may yet happen this coming year!) I would suggest that someone wanting to publish their list of wishes put it in their profile. I've seen a number of people doing that already. :)

As for a list of commissionable artists, we're a RP site, not specifically an art site. We provide opportunities to post art and even put up commission threads, but to create a section of the site devoted to automating looking through portfolios and pricing would constitute changing our focus entirely. Or worse, splitting it. There are already many, many sites devoted to finding and promoting artists, and since they focus all of their energy on improving just that experience (and not also RP experiences), I am in no position to compete with them. Knowing how stretched thin I am already, I'm gonna decline to take on that project.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Wishlists & Commissions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus