Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Hogwarts ... in the USA! (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

CrimsonKnight212

First things first...

HAPPY WIZARD INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

Yes, today is the day it all went down. May 2nd, 1998. The day Voldemort was defeated by the great wizard, Harry Potter. And as wondrous as that day was, and as worthy of celebration, let us also take a moment to mourn those who gave their lives to protect both magical and muggle worlds...

Rest In Peace

Fred Weasley
Remus Lupin
Nymphadora Tonks
Lavender Brown
Colin Creevey
Severus Snape
The Unidentified Fallen Fifty

Now ... down to business!

I am looking to start a group. A Harry-Potter-Based-Role-Playing Group, in which young wizard and witch characters go to school to learn how to use their magic! However, the twist is that they're not going to Hogwarts. Or even Durmstrang, or Beauxbatons. Oh, no. They will be attending...

Brams Preparatory Academy ... for Magic!

This is an American school for magic!

Now, in order to make this idea work, I'm going to need some help. Lots of help. So for more information, please click on the tabs below!

Details I Have So Far

This will not be a boarding school, as Hogwarts is. Since it is located in an undisclosed location in the Rocky Mountains in the United States, it will loosely follow the American model of education as far as how the school is set up. So, for example, instead of a headmaster or headmistress, there will be a principal, played by me.

The characters themselves need not be American, but they have to be living in the United States in order to attend. And they can live anywhere in the US, due to the bus system Brams Prep has in place - basically, a bunch of busses similar to the Knight Bus pick students up at their homes each day and take them home when school ends, or after extra-curricular activities.

There will also be no houses (GASP!) at Brams Prep. Much like in public schools in the US, classes will be organized by grade level and scheduled based on a students' ability as well as their choice of electives (I am not positive how this will translate into the role playing group, but that's how the classes would work!)

Instead of houses, as students reach their fifth years they will be able to choose an emphasis (like a major in university) and take more in-depth classes in their chosen subject. In this way, fifth, sixth, and seventh year students will form their own smaller groups based on what they are studying.

More detail to be added as it is discussed and established! Everything is subject to fluidity as this group is set up!

What I Am Looking For

There are a number of things I am looking for as far as other players on the site!

For development, I am looking for ...

1. People to help me set up the group
I will be honest and say I have never attempted something on this scale before. I am going to need all the help and advice I can get to get it all set up. If you'd like to help, please let me know!
2. Someone who wants to come up with history for the school!
The school's founder had the last name of Brams ... that's all the concrete information I have! Anyone who's interested in coming up with a history for us, please send me a PM!
3. General brainstorming!
Exactly what it says. People who are willing to brainstorm with me. Come up with conflict to introduce into the school, possible events that could happen - things such as that.

For the actual role playing within the group, I am looking for ...

1. Assistant Principal and School Board
In other words, moderators. Anyone who is interested in this, please let me know!
2. Teachers
If you are more interested in teaching a subject than in creating a character who's a student, GREAT! Let me know what you would be interested in!
3. Of course, students!
Lots and lots of students! I may even let you have multiple characters ... we'll see ...

If you are interested, please read through the "What I Am Looking For" tab and comment below!
Perhaps I can help with some ideas and brainstorming. I am always interested in a good canon creation, and a break from my projects wouldn't hurt. Please PM me if you'd like to take me up on my offer so that we can discuss things in further detail.

Enjoy!
I want in!
CrimsonKnight212 Topic Starter

Gamers wrote:
Perhaps I can help with some ideas and brainstorming. I am always interested in a good canon creation, and a break from my projects wouldn't hurt. Please PM me if you'd like to take me up on my offer so that we can discuss things in further detail.

Enjoy!

I'll PM you soon, Gamers! (Working on finishing up the semester of school, just couldn't not post this on Wizard Independence Day :P )
RoyaleX318 wrote:
I want in!

What were you interested in? Being a student?
Yes
I LOVE it! I am ready to help with out with anything you need!!
Miora Kovinsa (played by FroggyGurl)

I would love to be a student! I haven't been able to use Miora...in, well, forever.
sirensong

I'm in, Crimson! (per our in-person discussion, I would like to be a teacher :P)
Dakota Steinfel (played by Imtoorandom)

I would love to be in this!!
Seren Anhrefncoatl H (played by Dracon25697)

Sound interesting, I would like in.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Hogwarts ... in the USA! (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus