Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Victory!

After 5 years of searching, I finally figured out what music video I was looking for.

It started years ago. (obviously) In New Zealand. On channel 4. That's the music channel down there.

I saw a video they ran on blender (a one hour chunk of mixed genre videos of different time periods.)
They ran it as part of "Try it. You Might Like it."

I didn't think much about it, but then months later, I realized I wanted to see the video. Hear the song. Just randomly popped into my brain and stuck there. Unfortunately, I could not remember the name of the band. Or the Name of the song. Or any lyrics.

All I had to go on was what I remembered seeing in the video. A female singer in a yellow dress... who could have been Asian, Pacific Islander, or Hispanic. There was also parts to the video that played in reverse. And it was an out door party where people got horribly injured because of a weird brawl.

There is almost no way to find a specific music video based off only visual data.

For five years this video has eluded me. Haunted me.

But today I managed to find it. Some site decided to include it as one of the top 25 videos of 2006. I'm 90% certain the site did not exist during my last search.

The Video: Alala by CSS. A Brazilian rock band, that sings in both English and Portuguese.

And you know what... I'm kinda disappointed with my brain for latching onto this one.

Think I'll go poke it with a Q-tip as punishment.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Victory!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus