Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » It takes a village...

Ever hear that saying that goes 'It takes a village to raise a child'? Well I'm asking for the village's (The RPR community) assistance in raising a child(Avalon). For those of you keeping tabs, I have progressed by leaps and bounds in it's completion and now I wish to show my dedication to the RPR community by allowing them to participate in a way in this groups creation. To be specific. Cities! Avalon is an entire world and in an entire world, there's gonna be more than a few cities and because of the work I've been doing, my brain is [radio edit] fried! So I ask of you RPR. Please assist me in coming up with some cities, landmarks and so forth. Avalon is a nexus of time and dimension so technological level of places...doesn't matter. If you want to lend a hand, rather you intend on joining Avalon or not, let me know and in turn I'll send you example cities, landmarks and so forth so you know what kind of information I want to put up about them. In the mean time... Off to work for me. I'll see ya later.

Edit: Also to those of you I'm in RPs with, obviously I haven't posted in a bit. Don't worry. I haven't forgotten about you. I'm just putting my full focus on Avalon. And since it's near done, you can expect me to start posting again soon cause I know some of you are having a lot of fun.
Ebony Snow (played by EbonySnow)

Lance2011 wrote:
Ever hear that saying that goes 'It takes a village to raise a child'? Well I'm asking for the village's (The RPR community) assistance in raising a child(Avalon). For those of you keeping tabs, I have progressed by leaps and bounds in it's completion and now I wish to show my dedication to the RPR community by allowing them to participate in a way in this groups creation. To be specific. Cities! Avalon is an entire world and in an entire world, there's gonna be more than a few cities and because of the work I've been doing, my brain is [radio edit] fried! So I ask of you RPR. Please assist me in coming up with some cities, landmarks and so forth. Avalon is a nexus of time and dimension so technological level of places...doesn't matter. If you want to lend a hand, rather you intend on joining Avalon or not, let me know and in turn I'll send you example cities, landmarks and so forth so you know what kind of information I want to put up about them. In the mean time... Off to work for me. I'll see ya later.

Edit: Also to those of you I'm in RPs with, obviously I haven't posted in a bit. Don't worry. I haven't forgotten about you. I'm just putting my full focus on Avalon. And since it's near done, you can expect me to start posting again soon cause I know some of you are having a lot of fun.

Check your inbox babe. *blows kisses from across the Pond* Best of luck to you and your gorgeous girl. xo
Lance2011 wrote:

Hmmm.....very interesting. I've recently been developing worlds of my own, namely for my Pokemon Tabletop Adventures campaign. I'm always a fan of creating the landmarks, lore, and famous peoples of lands so if you'd like I'd love to help you out with this! Send me a PM or otherwise and tell me what I can do!

Kids need a upbringing that's multi-faceted. With a family like the RPR your kid's going to be spoiled rotten with just that by the swelling number of aunts and uncles that step in to bathe her in attention!
I'll be honest, a friend and myself have some very strong interest in playing in Avalon, but at the same time, I'm having a hard time understanding what it is. You talk about classes and advancement, is it a tabletop? Or does it simply take some ideas from tabletop? I'm eager, intrigued, but confused.
Jaybird poses a good question. I had Floria come to me with similar questions, and she was also under the impression that characters have to be magical. I think We need to so a bit more clarification on what you and I are trying to do here.
Hurricane_Lance Topic Starter

It just takes ideas from tabletops. I got stuff like classes and class advancement in it basically cause I'm tired of characters who can do basically everything in existence and what not. So classes are in there to kinda limit that. Just like how I got a specific rule just for those bags of infinite holding as I've grown tired of characters coicedintally having a needed item for any situation. I'd rather see a sword Mage running around hacking up bad guys with swords and blasting them with fire balls than a sword Mage who can magically summon up the dead as well as be a master assassin. If that all makes since.

And no. They don't have to be magical. As it's stated in Avalons story it's a nexus of times and dimensions. I just am trying to kinda limit the nonsense I see in characters now a days. I mean heck. Even the Dahli Lama doesn't know everything about everything so why should a character be able to do that. I guess you could say I'm trying to keep a scope of realism in it.
Lol Lance, you always have my area I created in the first round you had. if you need the places retransmitted I can but feel free to use them. :)
I'm glad that they don't have to be magical, as I was planning on tweaking my character Sam to fit.

Also, I have an idea for a city, Mecca-Upon-The-Water, a peaceful city of intellectual pursuits, be it science or religion. My though was maybe it started as a very small island or islands, but grew into a giant floating city.
I also have a bit of an idea for a bad guy, who also happens to head one of the largest corporations. An eeeeeeeeevil corporation!
Maybe?

Hmmm...sounds like some ideas. Pm me the details and I'll look em over.
JayBird wrote:
I'm glad that they don't have to be magical, as I was planning on tweaking my character Sam to fit.

Also, I have an idea for a city, Mecca-Upon-The-Water, a peaceful city of intellectual pursuits, be it science or religion. My though was maybe it started as a very small island or islands, but grew into a giant floating city.
I also have a bit of an idea for a bad guy, who also happens to head one of the largest corporations. An eeeeeeeeevil corporation!
Maybe?

Lance I like this idea :)
Yerp...I likes it too =D
The Blasted Waste
A rocky, desolate expanse of earth, populated by small, scrubby plants and many dangerous creatures, though there are a few clear springs and there have been small settlements, the oldest of which being Graveyard, a frontier sort of town, governed by Paul Traut, elected mayor who runs the general store, and his wife Gamay, who runs the bordello. The sheriff is John Samuel, who manages to keep the ruckus low and prevent murders and most theft, though he's often involved in most of the bar fights.
The Waste, or The B-Dub as it is referred to by some of the crazier locals, is the leftover of an ancient war between two neighboring and very advanced city-states that managed to blast each other into oblivion. Most of the livelihoods to be made are done by hardscrabble farming, small-scale independent mining, and hunting for the predominantly reptilian wildlife, such as the carrocks - bulldog like creatures the size of wolves that hunt in packs and will attack anything less than three times their size, fugbirds - a broad term for many species of variously sized flying reptiles, they are usually not dangerous and can serve and a decent source of meat in large enough quantities, Gormons - short for Gormon's Folly, this cat-sized species of soldier ant is highly defensive but not prone to attacking first, and other, rarer animals, some of which are armored, dangerous, and large enough to annihilate entire military convoys when encountered.

Ghalintakzet
The yin to the Blasted Waste's yang, Ghalintakzet is an expansive swampy region formed when an earthquake caused many hundreds of square miles to sink below the level of the sea. Much of Ghalintakzet is unexplored, due to the treachery of both land and beast alike. The known wildlife is not particularly spectacular, the same sort of things that one could expect to find in tropical swamps and jungles, though it can reach excessive size. Antique rumors also persist that great temples to ancient gods can be found, but as mentioned, travel is dangerous and, due to the landscape, must be done on foot.

The Four Winds Bar
Out in the farther, wilder fringes of Avalon, bordering upon a great primeval forest, stands an out of place bar all by itself. Travelers of all types are welcome, but the owner, a black-haired giant of a man by the name of Kimball that some swear their grandparent's grandparents spoke of, allows no out of place ruckus. The Four Winds is an odd place where magic doesn't necessarily work as it ought to. Legend says that the bar sits directly atop the crossing of two powerful ley lines, while another legend, long forgotten, says that the giant proprietor is in fact an ancient witch-king, powerful and wise, who waits for the prophesied day when, in the last hour before darkness falls, his kingdom will return to beat back the forces of evil.

Maybe you can put those to good use. A stuffy nose and a headache knocked those loose and caused them to rattle around in my skull.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » It takes a village...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus