Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Differentiate between mobile and desktop users

Sanne Moderator

This is more of a somewhat mundane add-on that might help excuse some typos and perhaps short posts, and potentially be expanded.

It's possible to check whether a user is browsing the website from a mobile device and show a different version of the site. This is not my suggestion though. What if, when someone posts, they have the option to automatically display they're posting from a mobile device?

I was thinking about this because our lovely member Minerva always has to type extra to let us know she's on mobile and may make typos because of it, or write short posts because of it. There could be an icon in the post depicting a cellphone so that it's not necessary.

Of course, due to privacy, this would have to be a toggle-able option. You might not wish to know for others you're using your phone or tablet to browse for good reasons. :)

Again, it's kind of a mundane suggestion. It doesn't really enhance or add to the site, so it's perfectly understandable if this is not something we'd want to have effort and time put into. But I figured I'd throw it out here anyway. Who knows? :)
LittleLuckyRed1

I like that Idea, I am always using my mobile, even for this post.
Do want.
The silly Aussie blonde who always leaves her laptop at work and has to use her phone on here? .... well yeah.. she thinks this is a GREAT idea. :D

*glomps the bag of bones* Where's my sandwich?

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Differentiate between mobile and desktop users

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus