Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Help Me Make Plushies!

Tate

Click here to help support me! Donations and sharing this link will mean the world to me!

So, hey guys, I'm currently living out in the countryside, going bonkers with nothing to do, and the job opportunities out here are abysmal. I'm going to be opening up an Etsy shop with handmade plushies that come with their own watercolour painting, but need some help getting this off the ground.

I will be making two plushes to practice that won't be sold, and give updates on their making, and so people have a frame of reference of what will be being made. But I REALLY need your help to get this started!

Opinions are also welcome: Would you prefer arms and legs that can be rotated? Would you prefer full articulation, if possible? Would you buy a plush monster that came with its own painting, or would you rather buy only the plush, itself? Do you think I should offer the option to buy one or the other, or together? What kind of monsters would you like to see?

I do know that the very first monsters will be werewolf or canid in nature, as the first two practice plushes are similar enough I will be using the same pattern (that I will make, myself) with only minor adjustments.
Tate Topic Starter

tumblr_inline_nv8w50sNMm1tt4ad3_540.jpg

Update! Thanks to the generosity of strangers, both donors and lovely coupon-givers, I have been able to get a start! The goal currently is to afford more colours of fabric and thread, and a few odds and ends! If my luck with finding bargains and coupons keeps up, I may well be able to make it well under my goal!

tumblr_inline_nv8w5t5euZ1tt4ad3_540.jpg
tumblr_inline_nv8w585zvJ1tt4ad3_540.jpg

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Help Me Make Plushies!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus