Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Summoner wars (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Setting: world of the summoners.
Time period: variable.
World plot: the world is split into many different empires, all struggling for power, and no one is safe from its grasps. There are times of peace but they only last so long before the next outbreak of war. Think something similar to the setting of The manga Magi but wider world. A countries main power being its summoners, and so the stronger their summoners the more power they possess. Not every country is doing so well even with powerful summoners, this in due part to poor management of the government. No country is true equals here with the top powers shifting frequently.

Personal setting: Vice is one such summoner but with some circumstances. He has been gifted and cursed with being one of the most powerful (not the most) summoners ever born into existence. This lead to his forceful enrolment into the empyreal army, and a life rarely seeing of the outside world. His education wasn't lacking but his social skills are a little off.

What I am looking for: Well near anything. As long as it fits to a world where people use summons and magic is derived from those summons. Maybe you are a guard chasing after him, or the guard who comes to give him food every day and connects with him inevitably helping him escape, maybe you are a bar singer, or even a pirate, bounty hunter? Enemy country summoner, or someone who recognizes Vice as the one who killed your father when he devastated a battlefield. I'm up for a lot of different things.

Accepted races: Human, Elf, Beastmen (tail, ears, a little extra fur, but no full bodied fur, muzzles, or such. Fish people from one piece are the limits to put it into perspective of how animal like they can be.) Merpeople, Dragonkin (humans worshipping dragons to the point of gaining dragon traits.) Vampires (seen as corrupted elves that have turned to blood drinking for immortality.) Dwarves.
Magic 100%
Mundane? What's that? Magic permeates every part of the setting. Almost everyone has access to strong magic.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Vice Jager (played by Novarion) Topic Starter

Still looking.
OOC: So... basically nothing that looks completely non-human? I'm willing to play, but I want to be able to play as a character that's as not human as possible.

As long as the body and face can pass for human if it was covered. So, killer side burns, fur covered chests, ram horns, animal ears, different coloured skin, scales tracing the chin, spine, back of arms and hands, clawed hands or even hands completely of that animal, a small jutting out of the mouth (not a muzzle but the jaw is extended out slightly to give a maw feel) eyes, scalp. As I said the fish men are the farthest possible. They all have human bodies, and mostly human faces.
Vice Jager wrote:
As long as the body and face can pass for human if it was covered.

Then I'm probably not going to join, to be honest. I generally don't have fun in RPs unless my character can be COMPLETELY non-human, and honestly the face is what I'd want to be non-human the most. I'd actually kind of be interested if I could play as an animal-headed human, like everything else about the character is human, but the head is that of a bull or a wolf or something.
Is this still open? If it is, I'm interested in this. May I ask what specific details of what magic is allowed? Summoning is a bit vague. Sorry about this.

It is still open. For what magic is allowed, any kind is, but all of it comes from the connection between the summoner and summoned. IE if you have a fire golem summon you wouldn't be able to shoot ice, water, or wind magic. Simply fire magic, though most would be specialized to each individual summon.
So would a summoner summon a spirit/human work? I'll PM the details if it works

Human no, spirit yes. If the soul of a person has been twisted in some way to change its composition then it could become one, but that would be more yokai then spirit. It just can't be straight human or plain John human soul. It could have started out human and been changed due to negative emotions upon death, or deitification by others, changing it into a guardian spirit or something similar, but once again it would gain some extra qualities and lose some human ones.

Example is an onryō, after death it would twist in form and become a yokai of sorts.
If you are still looking, this sounds interesting! I have a few characters that could possibly work. They are not summoners but they do posses magical abilities...

Hmmm. @MoonKunoichi

I think Luna would be best, she is the most fleshed out in her profile which I like, and her personality/magic specialty seem like they would be a fun mix. As stated though all magic comes from their summonings, so she would need one, be it something like the Carbuncle Vice has or something entirely different.
Alright. That's fine, would a Kudakitsune be alright?

I had to look that up. A fox spirit pretty much, like what a Japanese monk might use in some animes?
Yes, basically

What can it do on its own / what would it let Luna do?
Well, A Kudakitsune is small and serpent like but can also transform to a much bigger Fox spirit. I figured it would help enhance Luna's magic abilities and speed but it could also be used in combat. It could also be used as a form of spying on others.

I meant more like what kind of magic would it let her cast, like how Vice's diamond scorpion lets him cover himself in crystals, or poison anyone cut by them.
Oh, I am sorry. Uh...Well,
Kudakitsunes are know for illusions or more so "Fox fire" so, mostly illusions or fire magic, I suppose...

Ok :) sounds good to me.
Awesome!~ Would you prefer PM or Forum based rp?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Summoner wars (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus