Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » How I Herp Derped for DLS

Okay, so I've been house sitting this weekend, and I got to the house yesterday evening and immediately changed as many clocks as I could...

Except for the one in the bedroom I was using. This clock/radio/alarm had everything but a way to change the time. However I discover a little switch that lets you change what time zone you're in. How nifty, I can set it "forward" by changing it to Mountain Time Zone! Genius!

So this morning I wake up and feel extra groggy. I look up at the clock, and it reads 7 AM. How odd, I think to myself, but I need to get up now in order to be ready on time for breakfast with my family.

So I get up, feed the dogs, and find that all the clocks read 6 AM. How peculiar! I was sure I had set all the clocks forward last night! I turn on the news to clear up my confusion and see what's going on with the world...

And it is then that I have a revelation: the clock in the bedroom self-changes like my cellphone or computer. It was smarter than me! So I had a good laugh at myself and then changed it back to Pacific Standard Time, and all was well with the world again.
That's alright! Hey, it took me a week to figure out how to set my alarm with this alarm clock my mother gave me. Turns out you hold 9028342432 buttons and then set what time you want. On top of that, I never knew how to take a screenshot with my computer because you also have to hold 9182731923 buttons for that!
Copper_Dragon Topic Starter

Sounds like how you change the clock in my car.

... and you do? I thought it was just PrintScreen then Control+V. D:
Copper_Dragon wrote:
Sounds like how you change the clock in my car.

... and you do? I thought it was just PrintScreen then Control+V. D:

On mine, you have to hold CTRL+FN+Alt+PRTSC. On all of my older computers, it was just PRTSC. I couldn't find any questions or forums about how to do it with a Windows 7 laptop until at least a year after I got the laptop. :/
Copper_Dragon Topic Starter

... wait, so it has a-- oh PrintScreen is a function, not its own button. Well that's just silly!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » How I Herp Derped for DLS

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus