Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Bakemono Temple War Japanese RP, looking (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

So I've been working on something for a while now called Temple Wars, something based off a thing I saw on Gaiaonline. I wanted to expand upon it and set it in a fantasy historical setting or maybe have it as a fantasy modern.
This is what I have so far.I've included a few ideas for rules. Thoughts?
TEMPLE WARS

Since the beginning of the Heian Era, two tribes of Bakemono (Monsters) have fought for dominance over the small forest temple at the base of the mountain.
The two trickster tribes, the Tanuki and the Kitsune, have consistently fought for dominance of the temple, which has stood the test of time since it was first built in 400AD.

Sometimes the Tanuki tribe win, sometimes the Kitsune win.
This has been going on for over 1000 years.

For the last fifty years, the temple has been occupied by a Wild Boar Spirit called Mako, who routinely chases off any Tanuki and Kitsune miscreants that get too close to the temple. This has caused a stalemate between the tribes for the first time in over 400 years.

There is a fierce rivalry between the two tribes, and neither suffers any of the other tribe to stay on their territory for long.

RULES:

• AGE RULE- Your character cannot be older than 800 years- this means that any kitsune cannot have more than eight tails.
  • THE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE- Your character cannot be half-kitsune, half-tanuki. it doesn’t work like that. you are either one or the other, or something else entirely, No halfers.
  • OTHER BAKEMONO RULE- whilst other bakemono are permitted to be roleplayed, they may not be ENTIRELY trusted by the kitsune and tanuki clans. These individual Bakemono have to work harder to EARN the trust of the other tribes if they want to be trusted.
  • THE KAMI RULE - Your character is NOT, I repeat, NOT a god and does not have supreme god-powers.
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Quantipede

totally interested, but i'll have to make a completely new dude cuz the only real monster i have...is a flower...from an actual game...so uh. yeah. be right back with a cool dude.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Bakemono Temple War Japanese RP, looking (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus