Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Wizarding World - America [[CLOSED - SOR (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Dakota Tennigan (played anonymously)

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in an RP set within the Harry Potter Universe but in modern times (2016), in the United States after all schooling has been finished. A lot of this RP would be set in New York city.

I haven't fully fleshed out any concrete ideas for the RP but it would be a cross between everyday life mingled with magic and possibly a plot against the No-Maj's (American version of Muggles) by a supremacist group of rogue witches and wizards.

I am open to some brainstorming.
Magic 50%
Magic is rare, but not unheard of. Mundane characters may or may not believe in it. Magical characters may form small and exclusive pockets for study, protection, etc.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

Aria Valacari (played anonymously)

Hey I am interested. I have my Hogswart character Aria. Her profile is for 6th year Hogwarts however I do play her after school too.
Dakota Tennigan (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Aria Valacari wrote:
Hey I am interested. I have my Hogswart character Aria. Her profile is for 6th year Hogwarts however I do play her after school too.
Aria looks like a very well made and thought out character, can I ask what would bring her to America? How old would she approximately be in this setting? What kind of expectations of yours can I meet?

I would say she comes to America looking for a change after school. She would be 18 to 19 years old.as for expectations, I don't really have any. I am good with anything. Sorry for short replies, I am using my phone in the car. I will be home shortly.

Everything looks good from here, would you like to start something now or would you like to wait to see if others join us?

It is up to you. I am up to starting something or if you prefer to wait I don't mind that either.

Do you have any expectations I should be aware about? Also what type of roleplaying style do you do? I tend to mirror people. I can be brief in posting or descriptive.

We can probably start off with an introductory RP, something that allows our characters to interact and get to know each other first.

I prefer to write paragraphs, my style is pretty descriptive when it comes to places and objects. The only thing I ask is for my partners to use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation; and to at least write one full paragraph. The more I can reply to the more I can give back in return.

Ah, nothing demanding. We pretty much have the same style. My post average from 2-5 paragraphs. I only do single paragraphs when I am not sure what to write. So hopefully I can give you something to work with.

I am good to start anytime you want. Would you mind doing the first post though?

I'll try to set something up tonight, but before I do - do you prefer PM or forum posting? I'm fine either way.

I do prefer PM because it is easier to see when there was a reply. However if forum is what you're looking for then that is fine.
I you still looking for players? I'm interested, and very open for brainstorming. I don't have a character, but I'd love to make one fitting the RP :) Message me, if you're interested!
Hey people. I'd love to join but unfortunately I have no caracter for the Harry Potter universe but I'd love to join.

Penholder wrote:
I you still looking for players? I'm interested, and very open for brainstorming. I don't have a character, but I'd love to make one fitting the RP :) Message me, if you're interested!

I'd love to brainstorm some! Creating ideas is always easier and more fun with another person.

Making a character will be a must, just remember a few things. This will be in a modern setting, this will be set in NYC and it will be helpful if everyone comes prepared with at least a little bit of character backstory. PM me if you'd like to brainstorm or would like help with your character.

_Broken_ wrote:
Hey people. I'd love to join but unfortunately I have no character for the Harry Potter universe but I'd love to join.

You'll have to make a character if you are going to join, if not it has been a pleasure meeting you.
I'd like to make a character to join but it will be a bit to build up something, if you don't mind another person later on. Probably 1-2 days depending on how busy I get and quickly I can set up my other character's profile.

But if it's a problem waiting that long, I understand. Thank you.

Invice wrote:
I'd like to make a character to join but it will be a bit to build up something, if you don't mind another person later on. Probably 1-2 days depending on how busy I get and quickly I can set up my other character's profile.

But if it's a problem waiting that long, I understand. Thank you.

Waiting shouldn't be too much of a problem. I should have a nice plot fleshed out by then for all of us.

This said I think I will close this off to any other newcomers after you to keep our numbers low and manageable.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Wizarding World - America [[CLOSED - SOR (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus