Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Film Noir-esque Crime RP (Open!) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Cecil Bogey (played by sleepypens)

Lately the city of Red Lamp had been quiet, almost too quiet for the P.I's liking. Something was brewing in the dark streets, Cecil could feel it in his guts. It would only be a matter of time before someone pushed a little too hard, and the streets would erupt in talk of the new thing giving cops the what for. Cecil sighed and snuffed out the cigarette his boss had left in the ashtray he didn't use, whatever it was had no business with him. He'd only take part if someone paid him the right price.
A sharp knock at his office door drowned out his thoughts.

Cecil smiled as he answered the door, looks like trouble found him anyway.

((Open rp! Pm me if interested and ask any questions down below. Open to any characters of any sort of race, it doesn't matter to Cecil.))
Magic 40%
Magic is rare. Some of the players might have it. There may be sages or other magical figures that could be sought out for tutelage.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Uh this character is like a Super Villain in a way...
What roleplay is this?
Cecil Bogey (played by sleepypens) Topic Starter

robinnrose wrote:
What roleplay is this?

((Its an open roleplay, can be whatever you guys want I just thought I'd post a starter, ya know like a preview. Anyone is more than welcome to join ;3))

Casendra Quani wrote:
Uh this character is like a Super Villain in a way...

((I can assure you Cecil isn't a villain. He's just a guy trouble likes to follow around.))
Hmmm is there anything particular about this rp? Plot wise or something or just free for all typeish? Cause I can't seem to know which character that fits in. Time period and local events might help.

robinnrose wrote:
Hmmm is there anything particular about this rp? Plot wise or something or just free for all typeish? Cause I can't seem to know which character that fits in. Time period and local events might help.

((It depends. Cecil is a private investigator who is hired to solve whatever mystery or problem that plagues your character. If you want plot we could figure something out or if you just want to toss him and whoever else to the lions that's fine too. Initially I have Cecil placed in the 1940s in the fictional city of Red Lamp, but his curse also influences his life span, so if you need it to be more modern thats ok. Thats the cool thing about film noir, it really doesn't matter what time period, so long as all the elements of mystery and dark humor are abound.))
I really like this Character :3 I was wondering if you were familiar with Lovecraft lore and stories. He seems like he would fit in with one of those stories.

FiaratheNothingess wrote:
I really like this Character :3 I was wondering if you were familiar with Lovecraft lore and stories. He seems like he would fit in with one of those stories.

((Oh goodness thank you! Yes, I loved the Shadow Over Innsmouth and I recently read The Call of Cthulu with my writing class. Lovecraftian horror is my ultimate fav and I'm glad you see Cecil fitting in with it :3 Cecil's office is open to you at any time!))
Oh fantastic XD I have recently been on hiatus from reading but I have the Lovecraft Anthologies. I have yet to read Shadow of Innsmouth but I have researched the game inspired by it. Now I just need to find out anyone who would visit your character.....hhmmm....

FiaratheNothingess wrote:
Oh fantastic XD I have recently been on hiatus from reading but I have the Lovecraft Anthologies. I have yet to read Shadow of Innsmouth but I have researched the game inspired by it. Now I just need to find out anyone who would visit your character.....hhmmm....

You totally should read it! It's good, first Lovecraft work to freak me out XD. And take your time! Pm me when your ready ;3
I meant my character was a Super Villain XD :)
<

Casendra Quani wrote:
I meant my character was a Super Villain XD :)
<

((Whoop my bad lmao. Cecil takes jobs from just about anybody, but his moral compass is not afraid to make him drop jobs or even sabotage them))

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Film Noir-esque Crime RP (Open!) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus