Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Split "Forum Post" Notification Setting

As it stands right now, in Home->Filters->All->Edit, there is only one option for filtering forum posts. Either you get notifications for your friends posting in any topic and anyone posting in one of your groups, or you get nothing.

Now, personally I hate getting spammed about what my account friends are saying in random general off-topic forum post #2456, but I want to know when someone posts in one of the groups I'm involved in. Right now, I can either:
  1. Disable forum post notifications across the board, or
  2. Leave forum posts notifications enabled, and activate the "Groups" filter to check for people posting in my groups.

The problem with option 1 is, obviously, that I don't get to see when something is posted in my group forums. The problem with option 2 is that my friends' forum posts still clutter the notifications when the "All" filter is selected, and bury things like site news and updates.

Right now, the notification setting "Tell me when characters and players I know make new forum posts" also notifies you when people who aren't on your friends list post in one of your groups. This should be separated into its own functionality.

Therefore, I would like to suggest that the "Forum Posts" notification setting be split into two options: The current, as is "Tell me when characters and players I know make new forum posts," and a secondary "Tell me when anyone makes new forum posts in a group I am part of."

Obviously there is slight overlap between these two settings; Friends' forum posts in your groups will show up if either or both are selected, but not if neither are selected. I think this is acceptable functionality for my usage. Alternatively, there could be a third option of "Tell me when characters and players I know make new forum posts in a group I am part of" for if they only want to see when friends post in their groups and nothing else.";
Kim Site Admin

This is actually being actively worked on, with options to turn on and off each group you're a member of individually. :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Split "Forum Post" Notification Setting

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus