Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Any Port In A Storm (Closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Victor Hart (played by Ms_Draca)

Rain pours down from the gray sky soaking the earth below. The grass squelches underfoot as you run for cover. The unbroken grass shudders in the wind. Only a small stand of trees near the foot of a wooded hill offers any sort of shelter from the bitter storm. Beneath the trees the air is warm and stinks of rotting leaves and stagnating water. The leaves are slippery underfoot a thick fog rolls in hiding the unevenness of the ground. Rain drips from the trees as the storm rages on. Past the dense shrubs, set into the hill is a red door.

This is an alternate history setting. In this setting Anthros (anthropomorphic creatures) are seen as inferior to humans. Guns exist but they are not very reliable. Swords are seen more and more as relics of the past. It's an in between time for technology in general. Medicine is advancing in leaps and bounds but knowledge, as always, is slow to catch up.

The plot is simple 1 character is lost in the rain. The only shelter the wood and the hill beyond it. It is easy to twist or break a leg while wandering in the woods. Due to being lost and/or injured the character is forced to wait out the storm with Victor in his home behind the red door. Victor is a odd man who lives by choice in the hills far from other humans. He is a fur trapper by trade and survives off the land and by bartering for goods in town a few times a year. He does not like people.

Questions and suggestions are welcome.

This would be a short RP with Victor and one other character. Only two characters, few if any npcs, woodland animals in the background as needed.

The RP would be done via PM.

The thread is for RP planning and discussion.
Magic 00%
No magic at all.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 30%
Distant war may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat will likely be summarized, not played out in detail.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, one-off scene.

This looks really cool! If any of my characters look right for the part, shoot me a pm!
Well I'm interested! If you like any of my characters for this rp,send me a pm please! :)
Victor Hart (played by Ms_Draca) Topic Starter

I'm going with one of Animaddi's characters.