Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Sci Fi Prompts/Ideas. (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hey folks, had a few ideas for a sci fi rp so I thought I'd compile them all into one post.

1. Players play as a crew on a large exploration and research vessel. (Think Star Trek or No Man's Sky) Not much combat but more disastrous situations. (e.g. running out of essential supplies, going to close to star/supernova/black hole, hostile alien lifeforms or diseases....)
1a: Crew of space vessel goes through emergency and now the crew must survive on a remote planet or in deep space. TONS of resource management would go into this one. (Think The Martian, Interstellar, 2001: A Space Odyssey perhaps.)
1b: Crew is in deep space or on planet, discovers ancient ruins of alien civilisation and relics and the such. Things start to go downhill when they encounter/awaken some alien/supernatural force that made these things. (Think H.P. Lovecraft, 2001: ASO [The Monolith], Prometheus/Alien perhaps)

1ba: Something akin to The Thing or At The Mountains of Madness. One of the things from 1b, just set in Antarctica or some other frozen planet or continent.

2: Just an open sci fi universe, we do it as we go. I've done this one before, it has worked out very well, it's fun to see what the players come up with and see them build a universe.

Definitely feel free to leave your own ideas!!

So if anybody's interested, leave replies and we could get something started up. (I might also add more plot lines if they come to me, I'm multitasking at the moment.)

Details: Occasional dice use, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Hi I'm very interested in playing your rap
floatch Topic Starter

Zero10 wrote:
Hi I'm very interested in playing your rap
Alright. Which prompt?
PrinceOfChaos

im interested to
I quite like 1 and 1a, but these all sound great! I'm interested. :)
Would SAMA or Genevieve work for this?
floatch Topic Starter

Thank you for the replies guys!
floatch Topic Starter

Vermilion wrote:
I quite like 1 and 1a, but these all sound great! I'm interested. :)
Would SAMA or Genevieve work for this?

Either of those would work really.
floatch Topic Starter

Okay, is there any prompt that we all agree on? I'd like to start rp sooner than later lol.
PrinceOfChaos

I like 2 the most because there would be more action but i can agree on 1,1b, or 1ba
I would like to join ^^. 1a and 2 sounds interesting. 2 seems best for me but up to you guys.
I'm all right with 2. :)
If this is still open I'd love to do an rp with 1B
floatch Topic Starter

Overlord Parrot, this is definitely still open.
floatch Topic Starter

Hm, 1a and 2 seem to be the most voted for. I'll be honest I'm leaning more toward 1a and 1b because I'm a sucker for hard sci-fi and survival.
Like I said, I'd still like to do 1b. That soudns really itneresting.
floatch Topic Starter

I think we could definitely combine the two of those together.
Yeah that'd be real interesting
floatch Topic Starter

Is everyone else ok with that?
PrinceOfChaos

There won't be much action but sounds fun so sure.
Yep!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Sci Fi Prompts/Ideas. (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus