Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Another Odd Problem (Windows Vista)

Minerva

Okay. The laptop I have was sent to me by a friend. This friend is an anime nut, and unfortunately a massive pirate. He installed a bunch of weird stuff. Even though my taskbar says my settings are English (EN), with Japanese (JP) as an alternate option, half of my stuff (such as my touch pad settings, and certain installation packs), end up speaking moon language to me. Short of reformatting the whole thing, is there any method of figuring out what bizarre setting he activated that I can revert? I ignored it until now, but it's starting to get obnoxious. The Content Manager for my vita was a hit and miss adventure, working mostly off of what I know from other installation screens.
Minerva Topic Starter

And once again, I found the answer about half an hour later. Sorry for troubling. ._. It was some unicode setting.
Kim Site Admin

Glad to hear you found the answer! I was stumped.
Minerva Topic Starter

you and me both. I tried to fix it when I first got it for about a month before giving up. My brain suddenly started working after troubleshooting my Vita, and I typed languages in the search bar. The menu it opened had multiple tabs and one had some "non unicode" tab that had a dropdown list of languages. Far tab on the right. In case this ever comes up for anyone else. I guess ... The more you know... *twinkle*

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Another Odd Problem (Windows Vista)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus