Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Revenant. (Closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

In this RP I plan on having it in a classic medieval fantasy, but I want to kind of mash things that I put together in my mind. I wanted it to be grim and the threat of the end, but not always, I want there to be moments of brilliant light and immense hope. A true battle against light and dark, as well as having the grey when an enemy is not clear, or rather when there is no enemy at all, and the players will have to interact with the world around them carefully. Characters will have conflict with choices, will have to go through some rough times, and learn that this is a world where your actions can lead to rather heavy consequences, whether good or bad. I do plan on having a decent bit of combat in this RP, but I also plan on having a lot of NPC interaction as well. Being accomplished outside of battle could be just as important as winning one. Your journey may be a confusing one, and you will have to learn things along the way.
Setting

The world is known as Vilania, it consists of one large mainland along with a few outlying minor islands. Most of Vilania is Temperate Forest, Mountainous regions, and Tundras. There is one kingdom in Vilania but it is almost lost history now after a certain "Event". In this event, the kingdom was destroyed and there ended up being a lot of dead. Once in normal climate conditions, most of Vilania was covered by a thick fog. Strange happenings started occurring in this fog, and things of legend would begin appearing, and attack, sometimes in small forces, other times in large armies. They were untraceable, one moment there the other not. It was never truly an identifiable force, nor was it ever the same creature, and at times even humanoids. There is no "Creature" to the fog, it is unknown and unexplained. With the loss of the kingdom everyone was spread out and forced to fend for themselves. To make matters worse, most people became delirious in the fog and began acting very strange. These individuals showed tendencies of suicide, aggression, lunacy, and other strange acts, but usually these people were never seen again. For the few that could resist the fog, after being in it for a few days they would fall unconscious and forget everything about themselves except for their name, how to fight and survival skills (If they knew previously), and show cases of heavy amnesia, though as time comes around they could begin remembering things, its usually after being exposed to some rather hard evidence. Oddly enough, those who were worshipers of "Adoeak" (Ah-dou-ehk, more on this guy later), remembered everything about the religion, including practices. Once you fall unconscious, you don't ever again. Those whom have already fallen unconscious are called, "The Lost". As for the survivors, The Lost who met each other and earned trust with one another would make small settlements. Those that were weak usually dead from the perils of the fog, or survived with help of the strong. Most towns and communities were small, and the largest were only about fifty or so in population. People usually shacked up in ruined buildings and fortified them, and made improvements. When a child is born usually they do not become "Lost" until adolescence, and you could imagine it being heartbreaking to see a child not remembering their own parent. Usually they know how to take care of themselves by now and forge the path of their choosing. Nobody knows how long it has been since the kingdom fell, why it happened, or what was going on in general. This caused for much confusion and everyone was lost, and some would even go insane. Unfortunately enough it seems that the effects of the fog engulfs you if you loose your will to survive, or start embracing madness, or if you die your corpse could re-animate into a mindless zombie if your soul was at unrest, which could cause a lot of problems for other survivors. The previous are called, "The Fallen". The way everyone behaves is rather distant and sad, and with the way the things of the fog play tricks on the remaining, even sending in normal looking people into the community; It's hard to trust when it comes to outsiders, or complete strangers, and sometimes even people they've known for some time. Many of the newly Lost can be easy prey as they do not know what is going on, or how to approach things, including the tricks that the fog plays on the tormented souls of the remaining few. To make things worse, a Fresh Fallen can easily be exiled from a town or treated with distrust. Everyone knows how to fight, and they aren't scared to either, but are by no means barbaric brutes swinging at anyone who looks at them wrong. Some have scavenged equipment from the ruins of the kingdoms to gain swords and armor, whilst others create their own or happen upon it.
Races

There are your good old Humans, which you know, do Human things. Then there are your Telmar (Elves) which are a proud race and rather beautiful, having pointed ears and angled faces. Alteri which are strong, tall, and rather scary race. They look like humans except for their distinct crimson eyes and hair that ranges from jet black, grey, peppered, and mixed. Naturally this is a warrior race, and unlike other races, they require blood as a food source, they do not desire it any time it is presented and they aren't hungry and they don't go bloodthirsty when they need to eat either. Though as you would expect other races are a bit fearful of them, and they are rather misunderstood, Alteri are usually nice and enjoy company. Aveerians are essentially humans but with one or two animal qualities. They always have human faces but sometimes they can have different lower body, or other small qualities from a specific animal. Usually they are the most discriminated race, and get along well with Alteri. There can be other custom races if you just discuss with me, and we can work something out.
Rules

I do want to implement a rolling system for combat, and other things I deem necessary to roll for, but no worries nothing complicated. That and I won't have you rolling for doing most things, only acts that are pretty tremendous, like lifting a gate, dodging out of a falling boulder, deciphering a language, etc. . A simple attribute system will be put in place, Strength, Agility, Constitution, Wisdom. They range from 1-10, you are allowed to assign 15 points to the attribute of your choosing, you must have at least 1 point in every attribute. I will have an experience system, but I'll just tell the RP'ers when they can add points to their characters. I'll have a turn order in place as well for posts to make sure everything runs rather smoothly, if a player wants to interject just ask so OOC in parenthesis and if I or the other player allows it then it's all fine. :D

I will be expanding on lore on my own time and you'll learn some things in character as well, but I've left a good chunk of this out to have the feeling of mystery and unknown to the players.

Now here's the kicker, I want only three players...Just three. Post if you are interested and I will PM you and do an interview of sorts and I'll answer any questions. I'm looking for adjustable length posts, but I would like effort put forth when it is desired. I rather like detail in posts and I like RPer's that like to work together and bring up ideas or suggestions. Once a few days have passed and I have looked through everyone, I'll PM the selected few, let them know what will happen with the first post and where their characters are, and we'll get to it!
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Occasional dice use, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

PrinceOfChaos

Hey man I'm interested in this.
I see that you want to interview, and depending on the questions, I may or may not be able to join in the end. Still, I am rather interested.
This sound really interesting! I would like to join, but I must say that English isn't my first language, so if I write something a bit odd, that's why.
Very interested. Count me in.
Looks good! Consider adding me of you can. :)
I would like to join please. Question could i use a Neutral evil character?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Revenant. (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus