Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Final Fantasy 6 on 3ds.

Minerva

Just kidding. Please don't hurt me. But I've been thinking about the struggling handhelds? Ff6 3ds. Ff7 stuff has stayed sony exclusive. We remember the e3 videos of what the ps3 could do. They've teased for years. Wanna sell whats essentially your 300 dollar mobile console? Ff7. Vita. Cloud's cycle chase with gyro function? Yes please. ...anyway. discuss. :)
Minerva Topic Starter

and to clarify I know NO real news of this, just fan fancy.
Claine Moderator

http://kotaku.com/5464786/final-fantasy-vii-remake-looking-less-likely
(Unfortunately, the original interview seems to be now be a dead site, and I can't find a complete mirror anywhere)

Basically it's an issue of the time it takes to create the PS3 quality graphics for such a grandiose game. It's also the main reason why modern Final Fantasy games are so linear.
Minerva Topic Starter

oh, i've seen that. I think everyone's seen that. It is, however, under the presumption that square enix is -entirely- retarded and can only comprehend doing it in full ps3 graphics, which combats the repeated remakes of, say, ff4 which ended up with a new visual appeal. Honestly i think they're just keeping it close to the vest. with as much content as the friggin psp dissidia duodecim game has on it, and the amount they could get for ff7, it's not unimaginable. Anything better than popeye arm chibicloud would be loved.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Final Fantasy 6 on 3ds.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus