Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » The Little Top Circus-OOC

Roweena Rose Merriwe (played anonymously)

Interest Check: http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=28217&p=1#2824604
RP:
http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=28319

Remember when the circus came to town when you were little? Most of you won't but I can remember the small circus that came! Like most of my friends and siblings, I wanted to run away with the circus.
Have you ever thought about what happens to circus performers who lost their jobs? Now you can experience the feeling when you happen to join us.
This RP is all about circus performers and workers after the circus has shut it’s tent due to a tragic event.
This RP is all about a circus that voluntarily went out of business after a disastrous fire that killed 13, sent 24 to the hospital and other minor burns that performers sustained by fighting the fire. The Core Performers and the owner decided to give up the circus for the time being but the Core Performers would meet together after a year of not speaking to each other. This space of time was to give them time to heal and decide what they wanted to do with the rest of their life.

One person- Roweena- bought a run down farm from the insurance money that was funded by the insurance checks that her parents and grandmother left her plus her own insurance check. It was a special Circus Fund Insurance that the employees were encouraged to take out. Many did not and grumbled about not getting a check.

Anyways..... Roweena bought the run down farm not knowing any of its past and she is finding out the hard way.
Now her only hope is that he 'circus family' will come to the rescue.

Her family have special 'abilities' such as antigravity and animal magnetism. Now step right up and apply for one of the many positions that can be had!

Are there any circus performers out there needing a job? Or perhaps someone who wanted to run away to the circus but didn’t?
This RP is all about circus performers and workers after the circus has shut its tent due to a tragic event. Come and find out what has happened in the past and what might happen in the future!

Tragic Event

Fire at the Big Top

“Fire! Fire at the Big Top!” faintly came to Roweena’s ears but she turned over.
“Fire! Fire at the Big top! Everyone out to help fight the blaze!” was heard and Roweena was now awake and alert.

“This better not be some practical joke to alleviate the tension that has been growing ….” She muttered as she climbed out of bed and yanked a pair of sneakers on.
Once outside Roweena screamed in total fright and began to run towards the Big Top where the tent that belongs to her parents was.
“Mom! Dad!”

“Rose! They are gone. There was no chance for them nor the next 3 tents. Girl, go get the animals.” The strong man spoke gruffly as he pulled her away and shoved her towards another man who grabbed her arm.
Roweena could do nothing but to obey. She keep an eye on the flames which must be at least 10 if not 15 feet above the Big Top.

Several hours later….
The strong man or Pat and the other man or Tom stood next to Roweena as the tears flowed down her face as she watched the fire department looked over the Big Top and surrounding areas that were burnt down.
The owner, Brad Dunny came over to speak in a low voice.
“Sorry about your loss, Rose but we are needed at the office. Come. There is nothing more here that anyone can do.”
The group walked over to where the office trailer was. Several officers were standing there looking at a letter.
“If this is true, then we can allow those of you who wish to leave, to leave. I have officers starting the investigation. It shouldn’t take more than several days.” The officer spoke to Brad who simply nodded.

Several days later…

Roweena had eaten next to nothing and not slept either during those three days. She was like in a dream world. She would not commit to anything in her life but deep down inside her heart she knew that she would have to soon. Tom saw to Flame during this time.
Suddenly a knock on the door alerted her to someone at the door.
“Come in.” was her simply glum reply.
“Roweena, it’s Brad and the man from the insurance company. May we come in?” brad asked.
“Sure why not. There is nothing stopping you.” Roweena spoke from the small sofa.
The men came in and stood before Roweena.
“I heard that the tent that was the closest to the Big Top was your parents and that it was between Clyde’s and the Big Top. There was no way to save them according to the initial reports. I’m extremely sorry of your horrid double loss.
I can see that you are totally devastated so I’ll make this short. In the office is your parent’s safe which is the only thing that survived. I only hope that you know the combination.” The man spoke in a soft voice.
Roweena nodded.
“In about a month checks will be sent to you because you were the one that they named as beneficiary. Your grandmother died several months ago. She named you as her beneficiary. You may have that check.” He took the envelope out of his breast coat pocket and handed it to Roweena who took it.
“The second envelope is for you to fill out so that I can send you your funds.” He spoke again then looked at Brad.
“Roweena, you have 15 minutes to get dressed and be at the office for an important meeting. I expect you to be there or Tom will come and get you. Understood?” Brad spoke sternly.
Roweena stood up as she nodded.
“I will be there, Brad. Thank you for the check, sir. I’ll fill out the form and give it to Brad. “

Two weeks later…..
Roweena was at a land auction. She was the only one it seems that was interested in a specific property. The beginning bid was getting lower and lower. Suddenly she stuck up her hand card for agree to the bid. She had the money in cash which was the rule. No one even was allowed in if they could not prove that they had the money in the bank.
She needed to be ready to leave within the hour for she needed to meet the train. Brad was bringing Flame and some girl that she agreed to take in. At least the girl would keep her busy.
Suddenly, the gavel hit the podium and she had the winning bid. She hurried over to the table and filled out the forms before she headed out to the train.

Those who have been there many years and have been accepted into an inner group that is referred to the ‘circus family’, have agreed not to contact each other except in an emergency and then it is with Brad who was the owner of the Big Top Circus. This contract of one year is about up. Soon Brad will be calling all of those who wish to be contacted and they will meet at The Farm.
The strange thing about this group of people is that they have a secret ability that is not told to anyone and rarely spoken about. They just know how to do things just because they are able to do them.
Now about The Farm…. It is owned by one of the females who was conceived, born, raised and lived in that Circus. That Circus is all that she knows. But now she has lived at the farm for a year and trying to decide what to do with her problems. She has forgotten about her promise that she would put everyone up when they got together. Her main concern is what to do with the present unexplainable problems that she has now.

In the Circus, I can use:

Positions:
Barkers- people who call out and tell the visitors what is about to happen (ringmaster or ticket master.- Roweena, Brad
Trapeze artists- Roweena
Clowns
High wire walkers, stiltwalkers
Daredevils- those who walk in, on or do tricks on the big wheel
Animal Trainers- works with the horses and Bare back riders, dog trainers, any animal act Dog trainers
Fire eater
Sword Swallower
Fortune Teller- Roweena
Strong man
Tattoo man
Any side show person
Equipment Mangers
Maintenance
Grounds keeper
Cage attendants
Spotters- those who have enough first aid training such as an EMT and they will watch performers do their stunts, ect

Let me know if you find another position.

Special Abilities of the Magic Users

Magic User- a person who has an unexplainable Ability.

Air/Wind Magic
1) Make a small breeze
2) Gusts- short blast of wind that lasts 30-40 seconds
3) Blasts of wind – can last up to 10 to20 minutes depending on experience
4) Create and manipulate wind currents
5) Make a sturdy wind- lasting for up to an hour depending on experience
6) Make a wind devil- small whirlwind
7) Tornado- large funnel type of wind that can pick up or spew objects or creatures

Fire/Heat Magic
1) Make a spark
2) Small flame
3) Heat something up
4) Fire balls
5) Heat wave- waves of a heat forced towards an object or creature

Water Magic
1) Make water move without touching
2) Pull water out of air
3) Water Spout- a small water devil
4) Throw a stream of water
5) Misting/Fog- the creating of a thin fog (mist) to a thick can’t see through water shield (fog)
6) Whirl pool- swirling water that pulls objects or creatures down into the water
7) Tidal wave- a wave of water aimed at an object or creature

Earth Magic
1) Trembling- Make ground tremble
2) Rising 1-Make ground rise up into a mole hill
3) Rising 2-Make ground rise up into a hill
4) Antigravity- Is where a Magic User can manipulate gravity.
5) Shaking- Make rocks move
6) Rock slide/Avalanche

Cold Magic
1) Cold Drawing-Draw heat away from things
2) Hail- small balls of ice up to the size of golf balls
3) Ice Balls- small balls of ice about the size of baseball
4) Blizzard- a storm of icy crystals swirling about

Shadow Magic
1) Become one with the Shadow-Blend with darker areas better
2) Shadowing- Make areas slightly darker

Light Magic
1) Shining-Brighten darker areas
2) Light beam- a bright light that temporally blinds creatures
3) Light ball- Create a ball of light

Plantology
1) Growth-common plants grow slightly faster
2) Encourage-Persuade common plants to do something
3) Herbal healing- the making of common potions that will assist in healing
4) Vitalize- Grow common vines (or other plants) that can grab or attack (has own mind, hostile or friendly)
5) Herbal Healing

Lightening Magic
1) Electric spark
2) Electrical ball- up to the size of a baseball
3) Electrical beam- a stream of electricity

Mental/Mind Control Magic
1) Telepathy – Ability to speak mind to mind
2) Telekinesis- ability to move objects or bend objects
3) Levitation- the ability to float
4) Empathic- able to experience the feelings or sensations of another creature
5) Mind bonding – a close bond with a specific creature
5) Mind bonding – a close bond with a specific creature
6) Influence - weak mind control, persuasion at its best
7) Illusion- make a creature see something that is not there
8 ) Assurance- make another person feel like he/she can do something
9) Charm/charisma- the rare ability to make someone want to do something
10) Psychic wave -cause confusion
11) Mental shield- create a fierce field like invisible shield
12) Emotional Upheaval- cause paranoia, madness, abnormal fear and other feelings in a person or animals

Sound
1) Ventriloquist- able to throw voice to various locations
2) Mimic- able to hear a sound/voice and then be able to reproduce the sound/voice exactly

These are very rare and must be pre-approved
The 7th Sense
Empathy- the ability of being able to feel what another person feels.
Detect- is where a Magic User can sense various things
Night vision- able to see in the dark
animal magnetism- Able to communicate with animals

Character Profile Information Needed:

Name:
Special Ability: No more than 3 categories from above IE: Fire, Earth, Water
Abilities must not conflict with each other. IE: Fire and Water or Plant andFire or Water and Sound. Check Conflict List below.
Did you work in Big Top?:

Conflict List

Do not Mix with….
Air/Wind Magic: Water, Lightening, Mental/Mind, Shadow Magic
Fire/Heat Magic: Water, Plant, Earth, Cold Magic, Lightening, Shadow Magic
Water Magic: Fire, Sound, Lightening, Sound
Earth Magic: Fire/Heat, Lightening, Sound
Cold Magic: Fire/Heat, Lightening,
Light Magic: Air/Wind, Water, Earth, Cold Magic, Mental/Mind, Shadow Magic
Plantology: Fire
Lightening Magic: Air/Wind, Fire/Heat, Water, Earth, Cold Magic, Shadow Magic
Mental/Mind Control Magic: Sound, Air/Wind, Light Magic
Shadow Magic: Air/Wind, Fire, Light, Lightning
Sound: Water, Earth, Mental/Mind,

RP Rules

1-Be online daily or at least every other day. If you will be gone longer than two days, please let us know!

2- I do not like one liners! Please Post at Least One Paragraphs. And I Mean A Good Paragraphs. Not Just Two or Three Lines. Give us Some Content! I’d like to see 25 word post. I will not count each word but if you do not help the RP move along or if someone mentions that you are not pulling your weight in the RP, I will be checking your posts.

3- Internal thoughts are great but please make them appear different from your spoken words. I don't care if you use color or italics.

4- Do not post before you are accepted into the RP

5- No Godmoding without permission! If you want to leave your character in someone’s hands, I need both the person who will be gone and the person who will be allowed to ‘godmode’ post that you have agreed on this. Be sure to choose wisely or ask for a ‘task’ for your character to do while you are gone. If you want a task, PM me about it.

6- Keep Player Knowledge Separate From Character Knowledge. Just because you know something does not mean that your character was there and hearing what you have read. I hope this makes sense!

7- Respect the other players. Tolerate each other’s quirks. Suggest not criticize other RPers work. These three items will help everyone to grow in their ability of writing and characters will develop more depth. The RP will be more fun as well.

8- Nothing above PG 13. Flirting, hand holding, light kissing, and hugs. Then fade to black or take it to elsewhere.

More will be added if I see the need for more.
Roweena Rose Merriwe (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Name: Roweena Rose Merriweather
Position in a circus: Trapeeze Artist, Fortune Teller, Animal Trainer, Barker
Special Ability: Mental
Abilities must not conflict with each other: Earth, Plantology
Did you work in Big Top?: I was born and raised there.
AyeJbro

Name: Noah
Position in a circus: Strong man
Special Ability: Mind Control . .
Telekinesis, Psychic Wave, Mental Shield
Did you work in Big Top?: He's new.
Roweena Rose Merriwe (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Noah is accepted and may now post in the RP!

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » The Little Top Circus-OOC

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus