Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Time Travel and you!?

I need to flesh it out some, but I have a great idea. Weeee~~~

http://www.rprepository.com/g/another-chance/
A BOARD HAS BEEN CREATED AND IS NOW PLAYABLE IN.

A place where you belong:
  • It's an average day, you're at school, work, home with the baby, or at a beach with friends. You wouldn't know it but when you left, everyone wouldn't mourn you. But instead, act like you never left. You see, what happened was you were going about your average day, thinking about your average things, and then poof. You're gone. No trace of you left behind, not a speck of your finger prints. You end up in a place that is drab, the air is different, the people are different and you have no idea where you're at. You're clothed, but barely.

You've gone back. To 1567. You're in London, England of the time. And there's someone waiting for you, expecting you. They say there has been others before you. That you must find the one's that have traveled with you in order to get back to your own time. How does this man know you and that you have suddenly poofed into existence here? Only you and your fellow travelers will be able to find the answer to get back where you belong. Unless you're here to stay.

I would be playing two character's. The Man you meet at the beginning of the journey (Unless you want to play him?! I'm terrible at men, lol. ) and one of the character's that get taken to 1567.

Like I said, only an idea. You guys can help me flesh it out more. Maybe go where your characters might go. Have fun and help meeee. :D <3";
TheLily

I will either pick a character or make one in the next 24 hours. (it's almost bed time now.)
Krissy Topic Starter

Weee, yay. First person on board. I would be playing two character's. The Man you meet at the beginning of the journey and one of the character's that get taken to 1567.
Buster (played by Warwick)

Lol how crazy would it be for a dinosaur to be roaming England xD lmao
I would love to join but i really dont know if one of my characters would work. Can you please check it out for me, Krissy.
Krissy Topic Starter

Warwick, HHAHHA. That would be hilarious! But is he/she a talking dinosaur?

Wolfkill11, OF COURSE I'LL CHECK IT OUT :D

Come on you guys, help meee. :P
TheLily

I'll join in with Cici. I think she's best suited.
Krissy Topic Starter

Awesomeee. Not sure how this whole thing works. I've never done a group roleplay before D:
It should really be fun. And i dont know if you want like fantasy characters or not?
Krissy Topic Starter

It looks like I have enough people to start a group, so if anyone else wants to join, please DO SO. <3 :P
Krissy Topic Starter

wolfkill11 wrote:
It should really be fun. And i dont know if you want like fantasy characters or not?

You can do whatever kind of character you want, as long as they are able to go out and about during the day lol
Krissy wrote:
You can do whatever kind of character you want, as long as they are able to go out and about during the day lol

So I guess that rules out my vampire Kai? (LOL) Although actually he does have that sun parasol trenchcoat....XD

Hmm, who to send...poor Eric's been all over the place in RPs. But he's so much fun! Maybe I'll start up another character...or I could toss in Murat Naveed--a misplaced Arabian with his camel in the heart of London. Whatcha think?
Witness

I'd like to join in with Jack, although my personal knowledge about that era is a little lacking. A few questions, however: can our characters bring items with them from their own time which would not be present in 1567 such as personal effects, weapons, &c? Also, will our characters have to speak in a manner appropriate of the time period to "fit in"? I don't think Jack could leave behind his vermouth or his cigarettes for more than a day, and I'd imagine he'd throw himself into the nearest church if he had to stop talking like a 1930s gangster.
As I haven't done much study on the era I'd have to ask the same as Witness. :P on the fitting in questions. Weapons and the like would be beyond me for knowledge.
Krissy Topic Starter

Witness wrote:
I'd like to join in with Jack, although my personal knowledge about that era is a little lacking. A few questions, however: can our characters bring items with them from their own time which would not be present in 1567 such as personal effects, weapons, &c? Also, will our characters have to speak in a manner appropriate of the time period to "fit in"? I don't think Jack could leave behind his vermouth or his cigarettes for more than a day, and I'd imagine he'd throw himself into the nearest church if he had to stop talking like a 1930s gangster.

A few answers for you, my dear Witness and Lorvilran.

They can only take things that are not of electrical devices that they have in their hands/and or self. Such as Cigarettes, a baby bottle, a weapon. They won't have to start speaking like them, parse. Of course, you'll speak different when you get there. Others will talk, they will ask you where you are from and you will need to come up with a lie quick, otherwise they will think something horrible of you. You'll be staying for quite some time, so eventually you'll pick up maybe a little bit of an accent from 1500's society as well as their way of speaking. I'm going to create a group and I'll put in there what's going on around the London area.

I'll also put in there about what's happening at the time. Such as what's the society's wearing, what is in the news, what sort of weapons are available, and anything else you can think of. Does this answer your questions?
Witness

It does, thank you! :)

I think I could go with that. Jack will just have to be out of his element for a little while; it's hardly the worst thing that I've come up with for him.
Yus thank you, it also makes things easier for me to choose as I'll be setting Silverin aside for it and I won't have ta worry about anything with him. *Silverin doesn't use electronics and uses blades as weapons over fire arms. :P*
Awesome! I think I'm going to toss in my newly created character Sterling for this. He's hardy and he can handle himself--though woe betide any demon that crosses his path... XD
Hm...I don't know if I have anyone that would fit into this, I'll have to think about it for a bit XD
William (played by berserker544)

Sounds good, I'm in. William will be going 1957... Will there be snacks?

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Time Travel and you!?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus