Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Group applications setting, explanation please?

Domina (played anonymously)

Quote:
This group accepts applications from

no one (invite only).
players, representing all their characters.
individual characters. An accepted character means the user is also accepted.
both characters and players, seperately.

I'm not sure what these options actually do besides the invite only. It seems straight forward, but when someone applies I'm not sure what I'm looking at. If a player is accepted, how does that work with their characters? When an individual character is accepted, isn't that the same as accepting a player (since it says the user is also accepted?) And how does that make both characters and players any different?

I'm thoroughly confused. :( If Kim or someone who knows in detail what it does can explain it to me, I'd appreciate it. Perhaps these options could be reworded into simpler forms since it doesn't make much sense the way it is now.
Kim Site Admin

• players, representing all their characters.
    • If you accept a player, then they may post as themselves or any of their characters in your forums.
  • individual characters. An accepted character means the user is also accepted.
    • If you accept a character, then the player may post as themselves or that character on your forum, but if they have more than the one character that was accepted they won't be able to post with it unless they put in a separate application. So for example, if you accept Safiye, then I can post as Kim or Safiye, but I can't post as my character Aria.
  • both characters and players, seperately.
    • If you accept Safiye, then I can post as Safiye, but not as Kim. If you accept Kim, then I can post as Kim but not Safiye. I can apply as myself or any of my characters, but I do so for each individually.

Does that clear it up at all? :)
Domina (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Yes, perfect! It makes sense now. It is however still complicated, so a different formulation might be a good idea, or maybe additional info as you did here!!

A new question: if I change this setting after accepting players or characters will this reflect everyone or just new players/chars?
Kim Site Admin

It will not kick anyone out who has already been accepted, but it will change how it treats people who are in. Is that the question?

We definitely need a FAQ and some better info bubbles. Rest assured it is on The List. XD
Domina (played anonymously) Topic Starter

That.... is my question yes but I'll have to figure that out when I'm not on the phone XD Soooo confused!

Groups are complicated probably because they're unfinished and new features are more important. :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Group applications setting, explanation please?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus