Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Living Driftwood /Closed/

Gabe Tiller (played by toorad)

The next thing Gabe heard were heavy footsteps running over to him, then as soon as he heard them, he felt a cold armored hand grip on his collar and hoist him upward, he could tell that whoever was doing it was lifting him with little effort. He wobbled on his feet but was able to regain his balance and his head stopped spinning. He looked over to his side and to his surprise a towering man with a impressive size and battle armor stood griping his shoulder. At first he was taken back by his rather abrasive prescience, but he realized he helped him and he smiled weakly and leaned on him for support. "Th-thank you...I think I may just be dehydrated." He looked up at the man and it almost hurt his neck to look up that much. He seemed nice, Gabe didn't trust a lot of people but this man gave him a good vibe.
Lupus 'Raziel' Shado (played by Lupus-Raziel-Shadows)

"odd, most odd indeed."

He spoke and then began to pace back and forth as the other when to go help a fallen boy. the newest calling voice didn't faze him either. As he paced his tail twitched. Long moment later he stopped and pointed towards the water.

"Whatever we do, I suggest we get to higher ground, I don't like the feel of these waters."

The water had come closer, as the beach had grown smaller. the waters were not far above then what they would be at high tide.
Nakusha managed to get within sight of the noises, to discover they were indeed human. With a weak hoarse cry, she collapsed to the ground, the strip of cloth on her leg soaked through with blood. She was quite cold as well as she began shivering, though that may partly be from the blood loss as well.
"I think we're in agreement then," Anton said looking to each member of the gathering. "I don't know why you seem to think this water has some magic mumbo jumbo about it, but the Sereg is right, let's get further inland so we can organize," he said as he walked over to the girl who'd just fallen, holstering his pollaxe on his back.

"Come on little lady," Anton spoke softly as he knelt down with one knee and scooped her up in both his arms. "She's bleeding, we should be quick to move. Wasn't there a doctor on board?"
Rishin (played by Alchem_K)

The waters didn't seem strange to him- but how could they be? Water was the symbol of life despite the destruction it could bring. If anything, the beach seemed soothing to him, almost. Of course, with a lack in experience with any shoreline at all, the water's patterns seemed to go unnoticed by Rishin.
What concerned him more was the fact that the armored man was aware of what he was. Did he already get a glimpse of his scales? There was no glimmer from them with the overcast. There was no way he could have figured it out at first glance. No one was attacking him yet, nor were they eyeing him, which was a more promising sign, he supposed. The hostilities were only expected, he knew. No one trusted Seregs; of course, that was why the genocide happened. That, and merchants seemed to want to cater to their own needs and growing wealth.

Shooting a glare at the armored man, he set off ahead into the overgrowth, hoping to find refuge in the swath of trees and shrubs. The sand and stones soon melted away into more dirt and pebbles and roots as he got closer to the tree line.

The demonic male nodded in agreement and quickly went up to the three line, his golden tail swaying behind him. He searched for an easy way to enter the woods to ease the effort for the wounded. After a long while, he managed to find the remains of a path.

"Over here, we can follow this. It will make the track easier for the wounded."
Anton watched as the Sereg stormed off into the thicket. He was wary of the creature as he knew what they were capable of. He had much experience tracking them, and could see all of the tell tale mannerisms and sign of a Sereg. He spent a great amount of time studying this creature while on the ship for this very reason.
"We should be careful around that Sereg," Anton spoke to the group as he stood up, still carrying the girl. "I spent some time tracking a group of feral ones, dangerous creatures they are. But it seems we don't have much choice"

Anton began to walk towards the man with the tail before he stopped and turned. "Are we sure everyone is here?"

"I have yet to see any others, that and we can't stay much longer, look."

He pointed towards the rising water, which had crept another three or four feet up the beach.

"This Island is not what it seems, and I would not like to stay and see what happens once the water reaches us."
"Indeed, let us make haste." Anton spoke, "Is everyone ready?"

As Gabe's mind began to clear he could feel his senses to the earth come back very slowly, he squinted his eyes as he walked towards the armored man and the other man with glowing red eyes, he'd never seen anyone like that before. He saw a brown skinned man with dark brown hair with a black and red eye and wondered how that happend, his face reminded him of someone else for some reason. "yes...I think we should go now...something isn't right, I can feel it...the energy here is VERY off". He looked around to see if he could figure out where they were and noticed that towards the middle of the island it seemed to be more of a jungle. He joined the group and pointed towards it. "We should go through, there...we need to get away from the shore, the middle of the island looks a bit more elevated." He looked at the girl in the armored man's arms and Gabe looked worried. "And i can see if i can find something to heal her..."
Nakusha felt relief wash over her as someone picked her up and carried her over to the rest of the group. She slowly looked up at the man and attempted a smile. "Th-Thank you.." She whispered before her eyes slowly closed. She appeared to just be sleeping at the moment, but if her leg didn't get taken care of, things would probably take a turn for the worse.
Joel McKenna (played by koroni) Topic Starter

The waves continued to pulse, though their steady edging up the beach came to a stop. In fact, it looked like they might start going back down again, as if it were all just a brief period of high tides.

Joel looked from Rishin to Anton almost skeptically, the red eye leading the way. "If you two start fighting just because you're scared, you're both going back in the water." An unfounded claim; there's no way that Joel would be able to push one of them anywhere.
He took a look at Nakusha's leg as she drew near - he grimaced at the sight. "Well, that doesn't look good at all." His attention was almost immediately distracted by a couple of Raziel's cryptic words. "Hold on, what? What do you mean 'this island is not what it seems?'"

"The vary energy of this island is off, both the land and water."

He spoke, looking towards Joel.

"Its as if the land and water do not want us here."

Gabe nodded in agreement with Lupus. "Yes, you're right...but i can't exactly put my finger on it..." Gabe bit down on his lower lip trying to concentrate at least a little magic so no one could notice, but he couldn't muster the strength. "It's weird it's like the island itself is blocking my magic...i usually have a connection with nature around me..." he muttered under his breath puzzled. Gabe looked ahead at Lupus and called out wearily. "Um...hi, have you um...had experience with this kind of thing?"
Lemeg Barstafi (played by Cabbage)

Lemeg knew the moment he got close to the group that Nakusha was badly injured. It was one of those things you learn to intuit after many years of hard work, training, and practice as a healer. That, and he could see her laying there, badly injured.

Rushing up to the young woman, he inspected her gash. It didn't seem to be bleeding much, which some may take as a good sign. However, due to the size of the cut, it indicated a serious blood loss problem. "Excuse me friends, I may need some room for this. Now, I have something to seal the cut, but it won't matter if we can't replace that blood she's lost. Without the materials for a proper transmutation, we wont have access to genuine blood any time soon. However, I do remember a way to create a pseudo-blood, called 'Beggars Blood.' You," he said, indicating Joel, "take this skin and go fetch some seawater." Lem didn't wait to see if he complied as he turned to face the rest of the group. "Ok, this is very important. I'm going to need a few drops of blood from a magic user. The more powerful the better, but if you've ever so much as worked a single incantation, it'll do. I would use my own, but it's been long tainted by various self-remedies. I doubt it even counts as blood anymore. So, one of you needs to step up. Who's it gonna be?"
Rishin (played by Alchem_K)

There was no point in getting angry with the armored man, lest it develop into some unnecessary spiel that would eventually result in his anger bringing about a drop too much of adrenaline in his bloodstream. Obviously, that couldn't end well for anyone, including himself. The last time he had turned, it had been in the middle of nomad territory. When he had come too after the transformation, the nomads around him were dead- a bloody mess, more or less. It made him feel terrible, and the same guilt bubbled up in the pits of his chest now as he walked towards the thicker vegetation. Closing his eyes for a moment, he took a second to push the guilt back down. It was a thing of the past, even if it was his fault. He shouldn't let it get to him now.
Continuing to walk forward, he tilted his head up to sniff at the air. The wind seemed almost still as the tense atmosphere hung in the air. Rishin took his hood off, knowing that everyone was aware of what he was. If anyone dared to attack him, then he wouldn't hesitate in retaliating. The golden scales that covered his head in place of hair and covered his neck seemed to lack luster because of the covered sun as they didn't reflect anything at the moment. The scales flecked at his face, meeting with tan skin- his only area of visible skin.

Of course, it was in his obligation to help those that needed it- those that deserved it. Still, he couldn't treat any wounds, as it wasn't in his field of knowledge. Glancing back at the halted group as they tended to the wounded. He had no magic in his blood, so he was of no use. Scanning his eyes over the sight for a moment, he stood there in silent thought before he turned around again and continued his wary trek into the forested area, boots crunching on the first sticks and pebbles of the dirt.
Joel McKenna (played by koroni) Topic Starter

"Great. That's... that's lovely." Joel shifted unhappily at the statement, eyes flickering to and fro. "So the ocean's sentient and going to eat us. I... I love that."
He startled when Lemeg came through. He almost dropped the skin. He looked like he was about to argue, but fell silent again as Lemeg kept talking. "... Yeah, sorry, this body's 98% human and very mundane, so I'll just... head over there." He cast a glance after Rishin, then hurried in the other direction. He almost fell on the mossy rock again, but managed to fill the skin. "... Water seems fine to me," he grumbled.

Before Gabe finished talking to Lupus he saw Lemeg run up in the corner of his eye and he turned around to see a red headed man giving commands to Joel in order to help save the girl. Gabe didn't think anything of it until Lemeg mentioned he needed someone with magic to give some blood. When He heard that his face went solid and he froze and looked back uncertain if he should go forward. He looked at the injured girl and back to Lemeg, the last thing he wanted was for people to not like him because of his background in magic. His family would kill and torture people for fun and revenge back in his homeland, the Tiller's were dark and had a reputation, and Gabe didn't want to be associated with that. He realized he needed to help, that's what magic should be used for anyway. He didn't know how powerful he was, he hadn't reached his full potential yet he just knew he was born with his elemental magic over the weather and the atmosphere and the other magic he learned from his family until he left them and started practicing light magic. He convinced himself quietly and slowly walked over to Lemeg and nervously stuck his wrist out towards Lemeg shaking, hoping no one would see him offering blood. "....here..."
Lemeg Barstafi (played by Cabbage)

"Ah, fantastic! I knew there'd be somebody." Lemeg grinned, taking the man by the hand. "Now, hold your hand palm side down... yes, just like that." Lem searched around for a short moment before finding a decently flat, broad rock. He placed a small slip of dark brown paper on the ground, and then positioned the rock on top. Then he made a sharp, abrupt whistling noise. Suddenly, the rock began to to glow, the air above it shimmering with heat. The paper wouldn't last long, so he needed to work fast. It was likely just a minute or two, but it seemed like ages before Joel arrived back with the filled water skin. Grabbing it quickly, he placed it open upwards on the rock. Within moments the water was boiling. Lemeg positioned Gabe's hand over the liquid and cut a small gash on his palm with the small razor he kept in his pack. Blood dripped slowly into the water, and Lemeg began repeating a short phrase in what must be a foreign language. Responding to the sound, the water began to swirl with the bloody drops, the redness expanding and thickening, until the skin was full of boiling blood. Finally, he dropped a few more of his grafting seeds into the mix. Seeming satisfied, he took the skin over to where the girl lay and poured onto her wound. With the aid of the grafting seeds, the blood pulled itself into the cut. Once the skin was empty, he gently smeared the last of the skin paste onto the wound, sealing it up.

"Andddd done. The paste is stretched a little thin but it should hold. Within 4-6 days it will be converted into real skin, as will the Beggars Blood. No need to thank me, of course. I'm just doing my duty!"
Anton was amazed at the work of the red haired man. He had seen medical procedures like this done before, of course, but not so quickly and cleanly, and under much better conditions than this. "The healer was impressive" he thought to himself.

But there were more pressing matters to deal with than to marvel over the medical feat. "Impressive work, doc, but we had best get moving soon if Monkey Man over there is right about the sea levels raising. Is she going to be okay to walk from here?" Anton said as he looked around to the rest of the group

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Living Driftwood /Closed/

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus