Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Music!

As a music teacher and someone who's playing a Bard right now I thought it might be cool to write a few musical tidbits, to add that extra level of immersion. Elm is run in a medieval community, so for the most part I try to make the music fit with the conventions of that time period, I also want it to be entertaining so some liberties are taken.

All of the pieces are rather short, and written in less than an hour. I dont want to trap someone for 6-10 minutes listening to strophic repetitions of the same melody, just quick little ditties that don't really take too much time. They are all inspired by an RP session, that is, their composition is directly influenced by IC events, and also partially by my mood at that time ^^. This may lead into me actually buckling down and writing full length pieces, but I doubt it. It's just for fun. :)

As always feel free to comment or criticize.

http://soundcloud.com/elmbard

That being said if someone has a bit of completely original poetry or text, I'd gladly tackle setting it for free. No guarantees on time though :)
Minerva

Hey! Another composer! And here Kim thought Maximus was one of a kind, hah. What do you use to compose? What file format? I'm mobile on an oldschool cell phone, so I can't listen or view right now, but color me intrigued. Hey, maybe some day you and my husband could collaborate, or something. :) I look forward to listening.
misterelm Topic Starter

It depends really. I'm do a lot of arranging and whatnot so I tend to use Finale. That being said I also use Reason and Ableton if I ever do live-ish stuff. For the most part it is in notation software, if I care about how it sounds I will use a script or go note by note to get the musicality I want.
Minerva

Ah, nice! I'll probably be able to listen some time tomorrow. Back in the day, he composed for the game I ran. We had our own little chatroom where I could input high quality midis to play as background or battle music. :) He's evolved to higher quality formats, step sequencers etc, but if you want to hear his old school ideas, go to laurasmidiheaven.com - originals - electronic - derek clay. Some are unfinished ideas, others are full cinematics. I can't really refer to his other stuff while on cell, but maybe Loki's Gabriel profile has the theme song he did? :) I think she said she was gonna include it.
I never did figure out how to put it on his profile :( but it is on the arts and creativity forum :) when I am not on my ipadcI'd love to listen to your stuff mister elm :D

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Music!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus