Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » City of Ice and Steam (PM to Join)

Clocksworth Forgeborn (played anonymously)

Grizbin, Southern Dunshire
C9H6-x8WAAEpknZ.jpg

Grizbin, the only city or fragment of civilization for hundreds of miles in any direction. Ice coats the ground around the only hearth of warmth for days. If your coming to Grizbin you better have an airship, or the money to charter one because going to or from the city on foot is like signing your own death certificate. The rest of Duneshire isn't covered in arctic trees and snow, but if you dare to venture this far south you will find some spectacular things!

Amongst the Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Bearfolk is a thriving utopia of ice miners, arctic hunters, and skilled inventors! The City poped up after a small mining camp discovered mounds of Diamonds beneath the ice and snow, over time more and more people flocked here to get a piece of whatever was making everyone here so rich!

In the early days Human and Dwarven miners worked long hours while Bearfolk Architects made homes and buildings for the miners and their families to live in. But after business really started to boom here, the elves came south, mixing a bit of eldritch magic with the inventing power of man to build the Warforge. Automaton guards and miners who couldn't feel the cold and could work longer hours.

Frostpunk_-_Expedition_Artwork.0.0.jpg

For the last twenty five years diamonds have been pulled from the ground as surely as the blizzards will blow unyieldingly. Many come in and out of the city, a few brace Souls venture out of the city on foot into the sheets of white and seek adventures in the trees and caves covered in frost.

Today, at Ten in the morning, on the Thirty Second Day, in the Second Season, Halfway through the Sixy Fifth Year, of the Eighth Age an airship lands roughly in the Snow Sky Terminal. A few travelers step off, who are they? What are they here for, just normal people or are the politicians? Miners?? Inventors?? Criminals?? Bounty Hunters?? Gunslingers?? Doctors?? Who knows but what was clear was that their arrival would impact Grizbin forever!
Mars Masterson (played anonymously)

Mars stepped off the airship, Dwarven Scattergun on his back he pulled up his cloth mask and braced for the cold of outside. A human from across Dunshire he grew tired of ranching on the northern prairies, he had been a soldier WAY back when and it was time he said good bye to his ranch and moved on with his life. Now he was here, much colder then he expected it to be. Maybe he should get back on the airship and head home, the Bank Arms probably haven't collected it yet. He could probably buy it back from them if he asked real nice and went in there sober... who was he kidding this was his home now.

The streets were bitter cold and dry as a desert, his checks turned red and skin became chapped right away as all the head from his face retreated into his body to keep the old coot going. "Where can I get a drink?" He asked a Polar Bearfolk, about a block from the terminal. But the wind was too loud so he raised his voice at a dwarf, "Where can I get DRUNK!" The dwarf looked at him confused and kept walking.

Another block passed by the man, and he saw a Human couple. Opening his mouth to shout his question he did not expect the wind to quiet so quickly and everyone in the block looked at him, "WHERE CAN I GET A DRINK AROUND.... here....." People just looked at him for a moment as the wind picked up again and the couple pointed across the street. Letters said something is Dwarvish and Mars tipped his hat to the couple as he crossed the street.

f620be49030ae4b6682e6b1e6884405c.jpg

Walking into the bar he saw a few people from the 6 Day Airship Flight over, assuming there could be a survival rate of any kind it would take probably 18-20 Day to get to the Nearest Town outside the Fridged South, and an extra week to reach the closest city. This place was EXTREMELY out of the way, "whiskey rocks please..." Mars gave two Silver to the Dwarven Waitress and smiled, he'd make a great life here for himself.
Rro Rogers (played by RoyaleX318)

Rro Rogers, a 45 year old human stepped off the airship, he was glad to be home. Rro was actually the mayor of the town, founder of the diamond mine twenty five years ago. Paying the four indigenous Bearfolk Tribes 5% of the diamond wealth each, he also brought free trade to a place in the world were their would have been none!

A carriage picked him up at the airship dock and took him to the Miners Mansion, a four story hotel, the second biggest structure in the city due to the strength of the winds this far south. Rro owned the penthouse in the Miners Mansion and as he entered his automaton Tinkerton greeted him with a glass of Nevermelt Rum on the rocks. Welcome home Master Rro, how was your trip to the Coal'Drun Isles?

Rro took a long sip of the clear drink to add more color to his face, "you know how much I love my tropical vacations away from this ice box Tinkerton." The robot refilled the Masters drink while leading him to his office. Coolest part of the penthouse other then all the various guns and treasures from across Dunshire was the Enchanted Glass to keep all noise out, the wind, the workers, all of it!

steampunk-home.jpg

The desk was filled with party invitations, bills from the Elven Enchanters Guild, requests from the mining contractors for more drill parts, and so on, and so on. "The Miners Guilds are behaving?" Rro asked looking through the letters, each of the two or three Mining Guilds operating in the city got 10% each of what they dug up leaving Rro with half the riches to himself.

Sitting down he finished his second drink, "You know what Tinkerton, I pour more then half my money into fixing and expanding the city and people still complain about my vacations..." Not much to say on that Master Rro, another drink? Rro smiled and raised the glass to be filled before bunkering down and getting to work.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » City of Ice and Steam (PM to Join)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus