Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » One Rainy Night (Open)

"Gah, Ze light burns!" Ludvig said, covering his eyes with a slender arm. The lanky man hissed in the light, his claw-like Fingers clenching and un-clenching. His long, white overcoat and black under shirt and pants, swirled in the wind. His hair stuck to his head, soaking wet. Two long, Green tendrils extended From a steam-producing pack on his back, they swiveled around, snapping their end claws.
Amaury (played by Iltheyn) Topic Starter

When Marenithiel made her offer Amaury's expression lit up. Fruit was something he found easy to come by, he'd actually packed some. Then his expression faltered; it might be too old to properly offer to the unicorn, being that he'd been out there for so long. "I might be able to get you something but I need to check on it." As it stood there was already very little left so he half expected to have to shop for the unicorn. It was not something he was loathe to do, but something he wasn't certain he'd be able to achieve if he couldn't find the road again. "If not I could grab some. You'd have to follow me to the nearest place, mind, but at least that way a number of fruits are assuredly yours--?"

Amaury perked up. "Who is that?" Careful not to disturb Iskra (though that would be difficult to do), the mason climbed out of the tent mindful of Maren's position near the entrance.
He eventually adjusted to the light, breathing heavily. The tendrils on his back Folded into the pack, the green glow Fading, he clutched his side once more, blood Flowing between his Fingers. he coughed violently, Falling to his knees and wheezing. "I...am...Ludvig...von Braun..." He gasped, clutching his side tighter.
Marenithiel (played by Beetlebelle)

Maren side-stepped from the entrance of the tent and now turned fully to face whoever else had shown up. “I don’t know…” she said as she eyed the newcomer and the odd contraption on his back. Maren stood her ground, not letting the light dim despite Ludvig’s previous remark.

She pawed the ground with her front hooves, unsure. She watched the blood seep through his fingers and her ears pinned back slightly. "He might have met whatever beast we did, though..."
"No, No, No! I will not kill them, Silence Adeline!" Ludvig screamed, smacking his head repeatedly with his Free hand. He rolled over, groaning in pain whilst clutching his side.

The mason stood alongside the unicorn, watching Ludvig approach and blowing out a small sigh. "I should get the bandages, shouldn't I." With or without answer he pushed himself back into the tent and brought the pack closer to the tent flap. Then he got up and walked closer to Ludvig, hesitant to come within arm's reach. "Some people call me crazy, and maybe I am because I know it when I see it." He glanced back at Maren. "I remember one time one of the churches I just helped build held an exorcism for a lady who spoke very similarly to this guy. I don't remember if it worked, though."

Then, turning back to Ludvig he asked, "If I try to help you, you aren't going to attack me right?"
"yes, I can control Adeline...For now" he coughed violently, convulsing "Please, beFore she returns!" He drew himself up, releasing his hand From his side.

She looked to Amaury and watched him retrieve his supplies, impressed and slightly perplexed at his calm demeanor. This other strange human was clearly moon-touched, though wounded.

She stood nearby, not sure what she would do if the man decided to lunge for Amaury; but she certainly didn’t want him to be injured. (Especially when he was just starting to accept her proposal to get her tasty food.) She waited until she was certain that no attack would come before she would go to check upon Iskra.

"Ooph." Amaury cringed a bit, watching Ludvig convulse. "Ok ok, just uh, hold on. Keep pressure on those wounds, I got to get you out of this rain." It occurred to the mason that Maren might be remiss about his decision but he'd follow through with it anyway, trying to carefully drag the injured doctor to the shed. If successful he'd lay the fellow down on his back and trot back to the tent to retrieve what he needed. While searching for something to help he noticed a form wrapped in wax paper, opening it up to reveal a slightly old bundle of date fruits.

"I'm just going to leave these near Iskra here. They're kind of old but the merchant I bought them from said they're sweet. I think I ate one earlier...? Go ahead and try it!"

Then he'd take his pack back to the shed.

The unicorn watched Amaury drag the stranger to the shed and huffed out a breath, guessing that was the most reasonable solution. She perked up slightly though when he unwrapped a package from within the tent that was meant for her. She gave a quick nod in thanks and walked to the entrance of the tent once he left.

Maren folded her front legs in a kneel and carefully crawled half into the tent to reach Iskra and the treats; she had to angle her head down to almost tuck against her neck in order to not spear the roof of the make-shift shelter with her horn. She dimmed her light considerably at the same time so as not to wake the sleeping one.

After snuffling at the old dates, she carefully took one and chewed—sweet indeed! It would surely help give her a little burst of energy that she needed to heal. She scarfed down more till there were just a few left before looking to the sleeping Iskra.

She leaned her head down further to sniff at her head and face, and shuffled back enough so that the middle section of her horn could be placed upon her crown. The unicorn took in a slow deep breath, as she did the light went out completely. As she exhaled instead of emitting a casted light, it glowed faintly, particularly where it was touching the woman. After about three minutes of this she lifted her head slightly and backed out of the tent the rest of the way. “That should take care of the head wound and a part of the pain from the arm...” She murmured to herself, blinking tiredly in the rain.

(Edited to clarify: Maren focused mainly on the head wound, the arm is only slightly mended)
Iskra Sokol (played by paranoid_party)

Iskra had stirred at the touch from the unicorn, and had woken halfway through this healing, her eyes big and wide as she watched Maren.

When Maren moved away, she sat up slowly, not fully registering the fact the unicorn was speaking. She was just stunned at the healing: she dabbled in dark magic herself but nothing so strong as this. The woman seemed absolutely lost in her awe, slowly removing her bandages from her head and feeling through her hair; sure enough, there was only a faint bump from where the wound wouldve been.

Amaury was otherwise busy with Ludvig, unaware that Iskra had stirred or how well Maren had healed her in the first place. He took his pack into the shed and withdrew the bandages again, mentally measuring how much he had and frowning. It wasn't enough, given even what little he could of the newcomer's injuries the mason knew that this man needed stitches.

"Ludvig, was it? Do you have medical supplies?"

(Probably gonna be a bit before he responds but that's how the cookie crumblz)

Maren’s ears lifted when she saw Iskra stir and half-rise from the bed. She lowered her head back down slowly—getting closer and closer--- and took one more date to munch on before withdrawing back. Her ear flicked off a few stray drops of rain before moving to back away from the entrance some more.
“How do you feel?” She asked after swallowing the date.

"...Oh my god she speaks." Iskra stared, still seemingly awestruck. And then she seemed to get flushed, her face turning dark red, "Ah...Im uh...f-feeling better. Thank you, very much."

Iskra could tell that, while the pain from her arm had faded, it was still broken, so she didn't get ahead of herself and stayed sitting on the bedroll.

Maren sighs and bobs her head lightly, “I do. A friend taught me long ago.” The unicorn seemed to look through Iskra... memories of the time they spent together echo through her mind; such short lives humans lived.

She shook off more water and glanced around for additional shelter from the rain, since the shack was now taken.

She looks back to stare at the Bandit King with her large golden orbs; her horizontal pupils fixed on her, “You can call me Maren. What did you say your name was?”
"Bottom...oF...pack..." The man wheezed, his Face was blank and pale, sweat poured down his Face. His eyes stared oFF into nothing.

Iskra seemed slightly intimidated, straightening her back up. Obviously Maren was something very powerful, even if she was a unicorn. "I am Iskra Sokol, King of the bandit clan Onyx." Saying that second part was, for Iskra, a reassurance of her power and strength; she had taken that title without mercy, she was a King, and though it wasn't the best kind of King it was her title and she would be certain to carry it with pride. Even in front of such a being as Maren. Still, she wasn't going to try and exert power over Maren-- after all, she had probably just saved her life, at the least she saved her a lot of time recovering.

Upon hearing the second voice outside, Iskra frowned; she was okay with these two, since they had helped her. She edged her way out of the tent, mumbling an 'excuse me' to Maren as she stepped out and looked at Ludvig, silent.
Ludvig stood up, his wound closing aFter being bandaged. He looked at oskar, eyes narrowed. "What are you looking at?" he hissed.

Amaury had retrieved the supplies prior to Ludvig's standing up, pushing his hands out of the way to inspect the injury. He frowned, realizing that the stranger's clothing was very much in the way. Not being a doctor but having witnessed medical practitioners do something similar the man apologized and tried to cut some of Ludvig's clothing away. (Mostly imagining what is under the coat; he would probably be able to just unbutton a regular coat.)

Regardless he would have taken a bit of time to stitch the wound, using Ludvig's bandages to treat the rest. By the time the mason was finished he looked a bit pale himself; this was the most gore he'd seen in one night. So when Ludvig stood he moved away, making a waving gesture and commenting, "Y'might want to keep it slow on the... uptake. I'm gonna..."

The man turned away mid sentence and jogged to the trees, vomiting behind one. It was only a matter of time, really. He was a mason, not a doctor.

"I'm ok!"

Maren nodded her head once more after receiving Iskra’s name and title. She stepped back to give the human room to get out of the tent properly and looked in the same direction as she. Maren caught a glimpse of Amaury running off to the ride to then lean by a tree, and by the sound he made wondered if he too was injured somehow. Humans were terribly fragile… and in the woods in the cold rain did little to help the situation.

And now this third and oddly belligerent human was taking her shelter, she turned her head to the side and snorted, not pleased. She began to make her way to Amaury to see if he was alright, wanting to still hold him to their bargain if possible; old dates, sweet as they were, were nothing compared to the thought of getting freshly chosen apples.

If he would allow she would stand under a tree close by him, and ask, “Are you injured as well?” Not quite believing him when he said he was okay.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » One Rainy Night (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus