Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Still on Break

Just an update. My psychosis has gotten worse, and I may have fibermiligia.

So yeah, to my partners, I do check messages once in awhile, just haven't been up to rping yet.
Minerva

Neither psychosis nor fibromyalgia are any fun. However docs are real quick to suggest fibro these days. It's the new ADD, a valid diagnosis at times but suddenly the first answer. You need the pressure point test, then a series of tests from a neurologists. DO NOT let them take the shortcut with you of "try this medicine and see if it helps", especially if you have psychosis. It causes suicidal tendancies and angry or bipolar behavior in previously healthy people (as well as kidney stones and all kinds of stupid problems). Derek was one step shy of turning into an axe murderer on that stuff and dropped it completely, and he didn't have psychosis. The pain cripples him but he would rather have a sliver of sanity. JUST A WARNING. - married to a fibromyalgia sufferer... Before it was the "it" diagnosis.
Amirrora Topic Starter

Well they've been working on the diganosis for 3 years now, and they FINALLY decided this might be it after eliminating EVERYTHING else. But thank you for the warnings.
Minerva

Just be wary, and don't take any meds before the neurological tests come back with certainty or some Nightmare On Elm Street 2 stuff might go down. :x
Amirrora Topic Starter

Ha ha, of course.
Don't worry, I'm wary what meds I take.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Sorry to hear things haven't been so good for you Ami :(

Take care, get better and return to us soon :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Still on Break

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus