Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Laurel Mental Institute

Brooklyn Carmina Burana (played by duckling_)

Brooke simply laughed.
"Tastes like crap to me."
She tensed up when the stranger touched her hair, as she doesn't like that, but she soon relaxed.
"Him? Oh, nah. I never cared for cheerleading. I've never been to school anyway so I don't get the gist of it." She replied.
"I just let it grow constantly. I might get it cut though."
Zed Valdis (played by _iNk3d)

He nodded, continuing to stare at it, before releasing it, glancing across the room. A smile came to his face as he saw a girl sat alone at a table, eating by herself. He instantly sprung upwards, looking at Brooklyn.
"Sorry, hun. Gotta ditch you for a sec, don't wait up." He said, leaving her and walking towards the other girl, taking a seat next to her.
"Hello there. What'cha doing here all by yourself? Probably not wanting to interact with people, but oh boy is it your lucky day! You've got me to talk with!" He said enthusiastically, looking at the girl, who didn't look like she wanted to speak with him at all. Nonetheless, Zed still went with it, speaking what his mind said.

Brooke barely noticed the stranger leave as she suddenly swung upside down on her seat, waving her legs which were covered by tight black jeans, around in random directions.
She then played with her eyebrows,scrunching them up and stretching them out again constantly.
She pointed her lips and then opened them to make a 'pop' noise which she found rather amusing.
Willow (played by misspaperwait)

Tensed slightly for a moment when the crazed man plopped down beside her, clearly unaware of the concept of personal space.

"My mother put me in here almost a year ago, nearly died" she replied, sliding up her sleeves to show him her many scars.

"I haven't been in the "stable" wing for very long" she admitted, poking hopelessly the mush on her plate.

The man sitting next to her was almost fascinating to look at, there was madness clear in his wide-set eyes as he stared at her.

maybe I'll draw him she thought, finding herself almost studying his features, what she could see of them anyways.

Brooke started humming to herself as she dared to keep swinging her skinny legs around.
She stared laughing as she kept watching the world upside down as she kept moving her pigtails out of her face.
She noticed the stranger she was talking to before and strained her eyes to see who he was with, as it's pretty hard to see properly upside down.
She just shook her head and sat upright again, her attention being directed to the fork she was using to stab at her food.
"Idea..." She muttered as she took the fork and slipped it up the sleeve of her baggy, black woollen jumper.

Zed looked down at her scars, interested for only a small second, before looking back up at the girl.
"Yikes, that must suck." He bluntly told her, before looking across the room, gazing at the other people present once again. He then looked at her food curiously, tilting his head at the fact that it wasn't eaten.
"Why haven't you eaten anything? You need that vitamin A, or.. whatever is in there." He said with a grin, staring at her tray of slop.

"Bored now..." She said, quite loud so the guards could hear.
She grinned as they stared at her and she waved vigorously at them.
"Hey, wanna play a game?!" She asked one of them.
The guard shoved her back, rolling their eyes.
She screwed up her face at them.
"You're no fun..." She whined, walking back over to her seat and sitting down.

She gazed across the cafeteria, taking in her surroundings.
I woulda thought that I'd be sick of this place after six years... She thought.
She sighed and let her head fall onto the table, making a huge slam sound.
She just laughed at the pain it caused her and kept her head down, staring at the surface.
Tedya Kozlov (played anonymously)

Tedya nearly jumped at the sound of a loud thump and turned toward the noise.
Noises like that were not out of the ordinary and it was amazing that she heard it at all above the clamor of the crowded room, but it intruded upon her thoughts so suddenly that it had captured her attention.
She found that the noise was from a nearby girl of short stature.
Having found the source of the noise she was about to continue on when she heard the patient laugh.
Laugh after banging her head?
She was struck by this and stayed a moment longer to make sure that the patient wasn't about to continue banging her head or anything else that could harm herself.
After all, she wasn't found of another incident like last year.

Brooke continued to laugh, louder than she did before.
She took her head up and completely stopped laughing.
She slowly turned her head to look at the stranger who was staring at her.
A wide grin started to slowly creep across her face, her laughing starting to build up again.
"Stares like that could get you dead..." She whispered slowly so the stranger could read her lips.
She dragged her finger slowly across her neck when she whispered the word 'dead'.
She then turned back to her table and let her head slam back onto it, continuing to laugh.
Tedya Kozlov (played anonymously)

The continued laugh was a little worrisome but it wasn't until the girl had turned around smiling that she felt any sort apprehension.
The threat that followed made Tedya's face go pale.
She hurriedly walked away from the girl as to report the incident.
It wasn't at all uncommon (especially if she was from the unstable wing) but it was best to report it anyways.
After doing that, she finished recovering herself and rejoined the gossiping congregation of staff members.

And then she noticed that Mary Hall was among them.
She hated Marry because of how invasive she was.
If you made mention to a couple of cookies that you had saved all day and couldn't wait to eat, she would somehow find a way to ask if she could eat one while making you look like the jerk if you said "no".
And the worst thing is that she held a grudge over the most trivial of matters and then proceeded to make your work life miserable because of it. She was the most manipulative person that Tedya knew and she wouldn't be surprised if Mary turned out to be a sociopath.

Tedya felt a sense of dread when she realized that it wasn't possible to leave without attracting her attention. Perhaps if she kept her head down and avoided her, Mary would eventually leave?

((I'm hoping everyone didn't die off, as I was looking forward to doing a biggish RP XD imma just assume everyone's busy and has a life, unlike me ^^))

Brooke carefully watched the stranger walk out of the room, making a mental note of her appearance.
Brown hair, Brown eyes, Pretty small, Fair skinned, Looks middle-aged...
She nodded to herself and smiled.
"Good job, Brooke."
"Why thank you, Brooke! It feels good to be appreciated!"
"I know right! I'll make sure to compliment you more in the future!"

She seemed to be having a conversation... With herself?
It gave off a very weird vibe... definitely a load of creepiness and craziness there.

She seemed to be proud of herself as she slowly got up, making sure she still had the plastic fork, and sat on the table.
She poked at her tray, obviously now bored since nothing 'exciting' was happening.

(Sorry for the lack of replies! I got super busy working on computers)

Willow poked the blobs of food with her plastic fork, her face wrinkling up at the jiggling movement it made.

"It's disgusting.. It's.. It's not ever food anymore. Just mush with a few bits of recognizable vegetables once in a while" she replied to the crazed man who was still sitting beside her, maybe just a little to close.

Willow briefly considered slipping the plastic fork up her sleeve for later but she already knew it would break apart long before breaking her skin.

(It's all good. ^^)

Zed grinned at the food as she poked it, eagerly nodding at her.
"I know, right?! Isn't it amazing?!" He exclaimed, looking at the food, then back up to her, letting out a small psychotic laugh. He smiled, standing up and stretching.
"It's better than nothing, though." He'd point out with a smile.
"Or, maybe it's not.. nonetheless, you shouldn't waste food like that.. But who am I to judge?!" He'd loudly say, getting ready to walk off. He gave her another smile, before turning to walk away from her.
"Seeya later, doll!" He'd say to her, offering a small wave while his back was turned, looking to talk to someone else.

Willow poked the food again but even after bringing the fork to her lips she couldn't bring herself to eat it.

Not worth it she thought, a small wave nausea washing over her from the smell.

Willow picked up the tray and quickly dumped the contents of the tray into the trash before making her way quickly back to her room.

Pulling out her pad of paper and charcoal Willow started drawing, feeling inspired for the first in ages.

The food might not have been edible but I do have something new to draw now she thought with a grin, quickly going to work trying to capture the crazed look she say in the mans eyes.

Brooke continued to have a muttered conversation with herself as she moved side to side, swinging her pigtails as she laughed between speech.

"So what shall we do today?"
Creepy laugh.
"Well, I stole a fork."
Crazy laugh.
"Perfect!"
Even crazier laugh.
"I know right!"
Creepy laugh again.

Zed watched as the insane girl had a conversation with herself, arching an eyebrow and crossing his arms, somewhat amused.
"She's having a conversation with herself.." He muttered aloud.
"I know, right? Weirdo." He'd respond back to himself, before walking over to her with a grin on his face, sitting down next to her.
"Honey, I'm home!" He'd exclaim, holding his hands out, obviously just joking with her, but still wanting to get her reaction from it.

She grinned at him.
"Welcome back, darling! Dinner's on and will be ten minutes!" She teased.
She collapsed into his arms and laughed.

Zed laughed, holding on to her so she would faceplant on the floor. He looked at her curiously, before helping her up.
"What dinner? This slop doesn't count as food, y'know." He'd point out with a grin, placing his hands on his hips and leaning in towards her teasingly.

She smiled as he helped her up.
She laughed at his reply.
"The bitch that kept staring at me is dinner." She teased again, sticking her tongue out.

Zed laughed once more, before nodding at her.
"There's plenty of forks we can stab her with.." he eagerly suggested, licking his lips with a grin, his gaze drifting to the cafeteria workers with a sense of somewhat enthusiasm.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Laurel Mental Institute

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus