Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Laurel Mental Institute

Brooklyn Carmina Burana (played by duckling_)

She smirked as she revealed the fork hidden up her sweater sleeve.
"Damn right."
She followed his gaze and laughed quietly.
Tedya Kozlov (played anonymously)

The conversation continued on for some time before Tedya saw it come to a close. The relief was immediate when it did but, unfortunately, premature for it was but a second later that Mary spotted her. Tedya knew that she was going to come talk to her and resigned herself to that fate. However she turned away instead. It was an abrupt turn which told Tedya that Mary wished to avoid her. It was probably over one silly thing or another and Tedya did feel relieved that Mary's own pompousness was her savoir tonight. She smiled to herself at the thought and returned to the dinning room.
Willow (played by misspaperwait)

Willow sat cross legged on the centre on her small bed with a wide pad of paper in front of her as she worked.

I can't get the eyes right she groaned, annoyance at herself bubbling just under the surface as she ripped yet another page from the book and tossing it aside.

The pictures all looked the same, a thin younger man with deshelveled hair falling around his face and over his eyes, a thin some what disturbing grin stretched across his face but she couldn't seem to capture what she saw in his eyes.

Was it madness? Was it dark curiousity as he studied her scars? What the hell was going through his mind to make his eyes glint he way they did.

Willow could feel herself spiralling as her mind ran in circles, her therapist would be disappointed in her behaviour if he found out but at this moment she didn't care.

She had to get this drawing right, she had to capture what she saw.

The frustration was more than she could take, the picture wasn't working.

Willow pushed the pad of paper away slid off the bed, once on the floor she quickly removed the rubber cap from the leg of the bed and removed a piece of tissue she had stuffed inside it.

After sliding the rubber cap back in place Willow moved into her small bathroom and closed the door, wrapped inside the tissue was a small shard of glass.

Just a few cuts.. No one will know she thought, sliding her leggings down and sitting on the toilet lid.

The glass was cold against her skin for a brief second, followed by a rush of warmth as the blood seeped up over the wound. The pattern repeated for several moments as she slid the shard against her flesh over and over again, completely losing herself to the sensations.

It didn't take long before her entire thigh was slick with the red liquid, it dripped silently to the floor on either side of her leg forming small puddles.

I need.. Nothing.. No.. I need to clean up she thought, her brain foggy from endorphins and the slight pain that was seeping into her body.

Willow pressed a fistful of toilet paper to her thigh until the bleeding stopped and then went to work cleaning her thigh and the floor before someone noticed she was gone.

Walking out of the bathroom with the shard wrapped safely in tissue again Willow nearly ran head long into Bo.

"Woah slow down there, are you okay?" He questioned, noticing how pale she looked.

"I'm fine, just tired" she smiled, slipping past him to the bed.

Bo might have believe her if he hadn't seen the red on the edge of her sleeve.

"Willow, what's that" he asked softly pulling her arm up to investigate.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it" she groaned trying to wiggle free of his grasp.

"Yeah I've said that before, mama never believed me though" he responded softly, nonchalantly pushing up his sleeves to reveal dozens of small scars that had long since healed.

((I am bringing this back to life cause I miss it ^^))

Brooke's head jolted to the door as the woman that was staring at her earlier waltzed back in.
She started laughing, excited for what was going to happen next.
Tina monro (played by Thatonionbrotho)

(Mind if I join?)

Tina monro wrote:
(Mind if I join?)

I'm pretty sure it's open for whoever wants to join lol as long as you have a character that fits the story :)

Tedya looked around the dinning room. She was very bored but had nothing better to do. And then there was more work after lunch, therefore she had been walking around. Hunger started to claw at her own belly but she had never been a fan of lunch, at least not when came from this institute.
Breakfast was a necesity and she almost always ate dinner elseware.
But her hankering for food needed to be quenched so she decided to eat.
Grabbing the slightly more delicious version of the meal that is provided for staff members, Tedya started toward one of the small tables next to the entrance that nobody ever sat at.
She hadn't forgoten the creepy woman that threatened her or the momentary terror that she had inspired in her, but had, however, decided to put her out of her mind. There were gaurds around as well as dozens of other people.
Nothing bad could happen here that couldn't be immediately stopped.

Brooke pouted as she watched the woman do completely normal things, not showing a slight bit of fear. She growled and crossed her arms quickly, staring at her with a cross expression. "She's ruined my fuuuun." She whined to her fellow crazy who was still sitting next to her. "She's not scared anymoooore."
Zed Valdis (played by _iNk3d)

Zed raised an eyebrow, looking at the girl who was currently fixated on a staff member. Resting his head on the girl's shoulder, Zed only playfully rolled his eyes to her whining.
"Oh, yeah? Sounds preeeetty baaad.." He'd tease her, his eyes flickering over at the woman Brooklyn was trying to crack. With a cocky grin and a teasing wave, Zed locked eyes with the woman for a split second, his deranged view now focused on nothing but that girl. He tilted his head in meer curiousity, before gazing back to Brooklyn.

To be....honest, the food shouldn't have been so horrible tasting. It was decently spiced and they had, in fact, chosen it for flavor and nutrition.
But the texture was an inexcusable asult on the taste buds. That and the sloppy way the caffeteria had served it.
Tedya went on eating it anyway, as she was hungry.
she was waiting until after lunch to introduce herself to a new patient and then sometime after wards she had to help lead a group therapy session.
And the worry over the time constraint was formost on her mind.

Brooke growled again, barking slightly at the staff member before resting her her on top of the crazies which was still on her shoulder. She giggled before getting her head up again and staring at him. "So how long have you been here?" She asked, moving to face him fully, crossing her legs and sitting her chin in her hands.

Her food was nearly gone from the tray and the minutes ticked closer toward the end of lunch.
It wasn't quite over yet but Tedya felt that it would be wise to get a head start in meeting her.
So she picked up the bundle of papers, a very modest bundle of papers that held the nessecary facts about the patient which she had been carrying throughout lunch, along with the dirty tray. After discarding the remaints of food in the trash and leaving the tray upon the counter for the cafeteria workers, she then set out to reach the room of the woman that she had been trying to reach before the meal had started.

Zed grinned brightly, glad to see she had taken some form of interest in him.
"As long as I can remember, hon. Since I was a kid, before I hit double digits, I think." He'd specify, reminiscing back to that time, a faint smile coming to his face, before he quickly wiped it with his usual crazed and deranged one.
"What about you, dollface? I remember you coming here a long time ago, though I couldn't remember when." He'd tell her, flipping the side, and the topic, on her.

For a moment, a very rare moment, Brooke looked... sane as she listened closely to Zed. She looked normal, she didn't look crazy or psychotic. But, quickly afterwards, her pupils shrunk and her face returned to the crazy that everyone knew and 'loved', or in most cases, despised.
She giggled as he used a nickname for her and playfully shoved him. She then thought for a moment. How long had she been here? When did she come? God, it was so long ago.
"I honestly don't remember." She muttered slowly, shaking her head. She then jumped and waved her hands about. "Ooh! Ooh! I remember, I remember! I was just turning nine! Awwwe I had my birthday here! It was the best!" She squealed and smiled wide, her eyes seemingly softening as she remembered when she was young and (barely!) sane.

Willow stared at Bo's arms a few moments longer than she should have, fascination clouding her ability to think straight.

Without even realizing she had moved, Willow found herself standing in front of him, her long slender fingers tracing the pale pink lines on his skin.

"W-what are you doing?" He stammered, standing very stiff under her touch.

His voice broke through her tunnel vision and pulled her back to reality, the reality where she was essentially rubbing an orderly. This was not a good reality.

"I- Sorry I don't know what came over me" she panicked, bolting back to her bed.

"It's okay. Do you want me to get your doctor?" He asked softly, unsure if this was normal,behaviour for her or not.

"No. I'm fine, just a little tired" she replied, her voice almost a whisper.

"If you're sure.. I'll check back in on you later" he smiled before stepping out of the room and disappearing around the corner.

After a moment Willow realized what the sketches where missing.

Pulling her favourite one from the stack, Willow slipped her hand down her pants, pressed her fingertips against the fresh cuts and then carefully touched her bloodied finger tips against Zeds eyes, colouring them a manic dark red.

"Perfect" she breathed, staring at her how finished masterpiece.
Grey (played by 11Rain11)

can i join? i have 2 characters for this~

Grey wrote:
can i join? i have 2 characters for this~

I'm pretty sure as long as your characters work for the story anyone can join in lol

The walk down the bright yellow halls was slow and uneventful. Each turn was, in part, similar to the last. In fact, this whole part of the building was mostly peaceful and that was a welcome change from the dining room that held both Left and Right wing patients.
When she had reached one of the Left wing commons, it was nearly 12:45. Which meant lunch would be ending shortly and Tedya's new patient would be free to be evaluated while others enjoyed their free time engaging in reading, painting, sculpting and etc. Wasn't life fair?

She spotted an orderly loitering about in the hallway and went over to her. "Hello? Hailey?' she asked having glanced at her name tag that was forever stitched into the white uniform she wore.''I'm Dr. Tedya Koslov and I am looking for a Rosalind Danielle. She should be at lunch but when she is done could you please have her brought here? Thank you." And with that Hailey shuffled of to do the task which had been handed to her while Tedya simply waited comfortably in the commons.

Zed listened as the crazed girl had enthusiastically told him when she was first admitted here, returning her grin with a nod.
"Nine years old, whoa!! A baby Brookie, awwwh!!" He teased, ruffling the girl's hair to further mess with her, his grin widening as he continued to play with her hair.
"Did'ja wear a cute lil' skirt and pigtails, huh? Huh??" He asked her with a smirk, before smiling at her.
"Or maybe, maybe, Little Brookie liked wearing dresses! She could twirl around and then snap people's necks!" He said with a laugh, falling on the floor during the process of his fit of laughter. After his small epilogue concluded, he wiped his tears and sat up on the floor, sitting crisscrossed and looking at the girl.
"Little baby Brookie in a dressy." He giggled.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Laurel Mental Institute

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus