Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Genre Aid Wanted

For the reward of $10,000 dollars, alive or dead--

Oh... wait... sorry, let me get on topic here. *shuffles through her 'notes'*

So inquiring minds want to know: what makes a person a decent science fictional RPer? I've started to take an interest in the genre, but to be totally honest, I'm not experienced in it at all-- modern, fantasy, and medieval are my RP fortes.

Also aside from my lack of real knowledge on it or what makes good science fiction, I'm not wholly sure how 'scientifically smart' I need to be before I even try to dip my newblet foot into the waters (or the energy field...?)

I could probably, if you'll pardon my French, "BS" my way through it too, but I don't feel comfortable with that! So yes, what do I need to know to be a decent sci-fi RPer in general? Are there any 'tips' anyone could offer and wouldn't mind sharing? I'd appreciate the bit of guidance!
Smile (played anonymously)

Playing a Xenomorph thing, half of what I wrote up is total BS. The rest is referenced from the existing movies.

Sci-Fi is no different from fantasy in the sense that whatever you can come up with, works. Magic? Requires some logic. Laser guns? Requires some logic. Both require creativity! Besides that you can always borrow from other movies and games of similar settings and slosh things together.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Genre Aid Wanted

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus