Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Lilim (played anonymously)

Elesa would struggle in her sleep, though the force field Raven put around her protected her body, it didn't protect her mind, and he own latent sixth sense that told her things were going to be bad very soon. The child was unable to escape the nightmare by waking up, and simply would not settle until Raven moved close to her and started to cuddle with her. Slowly, Elesa would settle and start to sleep more peacefully, her murmuring, partial sobbing, and fearful whimpering replaced slowly by a calm breathing that kinda sounded like snoring. It almost sounded like she was chanting as she gasped inward slowly and breathed out gently, "Weiah... Whooo... Weiah... Whooo..." (like Togapi in the mini movie, "Pikachu's Vacation". Togapi's napping noises are the sounds Elesa is making now.)

The rage filled Lilim would still be scanning from the skies, her black clothing making her almost invisible in the night sky. She'd spot someone wearing the same kind of armor as the prince, and at first thought it was him, so she'd get a little calmer and start down to investigate. When she got closer, she saw not the kind prince, but the smirking face of the one that had struck Raven with the hilt of his sword!!! Lilim's rage returned two fold as she clenched her fists and then unclenched them, baring her Succubus claws and plotting to make an example of him since Elesa was not around.

BUT WAIT!!! A familiar face standing between Lilim and her target. Her expression changing to surprise as she slowed her pace and stopped close enough that the light of Pentre's torch would allow him to see her, "Merry?! The heck are you doing here?!..." she says before noticing the collar, cuffs and chains. Lilim's power would skyrocket again, making the atmosphere cry like the River Styx once again, "You!!! Release her from those bindings at once!!!" Lilim demands in her regal princess tone, whipping her tail about violently time and again, making the magic in the atmosphere dance to her will, only showcasing that Lilim was NOT a happy camper when it came to this situation.

It appeared Pentre was wrong about no one knowing Merry after all. Now he was staring down the daughter of a mythical Goddess and she could do nothing but glare at him. Maybe things can play out to his benefit after all if he took advantage of the situation.
Will Stone (played anonymously)

Will awoke with a jolt, literally. He jerked up and head butted Robin. The pain from his already injured head and head butting him made him shout "Aaahhh, you douchebag!!" His voice echoing through the trees.
Audemar (played by Tucker_Dragon)

Audemar stayed in the shadows as his curiosity peeked as he heard the voices of a unfamiliar people. He stood back and listened on the conversation and thought to himself, 'It seems to me that if I try to attack it will get me nowhere. But might as well as to try to reason with the lad'. The sorcerer walked from the shadows and followed the two and found an opening where he could stop them. He waved his hand and enclosed himself and the others inside a tall circle of vines. "Worry not," Audemar said, "I'm not here to fight."
Sarina (played by SomeFazbear)

Sarina sat up and glanced around. "Where...?" She stood up and looked around. She seemed to be in some sort of cave...?
Merrilee Titania (played anonymously)

Merry looks toward Lilim with a gaze that said it all. She was not acting according to her own will, she was scared to death, and she was begging for help because she didn't want to do what this con artist was making her do. As Audemar comes around and surrounds the group in vines, Merry would turn and aim her hands toward him, though it was to her great relief that he said he didn't want to fight, but she'd sniffle and whimper softly as the collar demanded her silence as she was protecting Pentre. She desperately didn't want to be a part of any of this, and just wanted to have control of herself back. She'd desperately try to call out to Lilim, but her voice was silenced by the collar, only managing to mouth the words, Lilim... Please help me... The poor girl would try just to sob but the collar made her voice thoroughly hushed as she gasped and panted with tears streaming down her face.
Raven (played anonymously) Topic Starter

While Raven was stroking elesas hair, she hears a voice inside the cave. It wasn't that of anybody she knew was present in the cave. She furrows her eyebrow, before sitting up and looking around before spitting Sarina. Her eyes widen at the sight of her. Not because she looked different or anything, but because raven had manages to go this long without noticing her. After making sure elesa is ok, she gets up and goes to sarina before sitting down.

"Um, hello....please forgive me. I didn't know you were here earlier. My name is Raven, and you are??"

She says before pausing and glancing out towards the entrance of the cave. She could hear voices, but they were faint and hard to distinguish. Normally she would have gone out and checked it out, but lilim had entrusted her with making sure elesa was safe. And that meant not leaving her side. She sighs and moves to sit against the wall, never taking her eyes off of elesa as crow talks to her.

"your not going?"

"No...."

"but you know you want to..."

"I know. But I have to take care of elesa, and that means staying here....besides...if something bad happens while I'm out, I don't know if I'd forgive myself..."

"isn't she human?"

Raven remains silent, thinking before sighing in aggrivation at crow.

"This one is different...I can feel it...besides she's helped us out before hasn't she? And she's lilims little sister. Elesa doesn't pose a threat to us. I trust her, which means you do to."

Crow moans in aggrivation, and if she had been in control of their body she would have crossed her arms and walked to the entrance. But all she could do was groan in annoyance before answering.

"fine..."

Elesa was sound asleep and in a peaceful state again thanks to Raven. She'd curl up into a spooning position and would continue to make her little noises as she slept, occasionally shifting and smiling peacefully before getting comfortable again and resuming making those cute noises of hers.

Lilim would seem to get angrier the more Pentre talked... Her tail would violently whip to one side or the other every three seconds or so, but she was about 20 feet from Pentre, so her 6 foot long tail would come nowhere close to touching him. She'd glance briefly to Audemar, but would return her rageful glare to Pentre.

She'd growl as she made up her mind and closed her eyes, her magic slowly calming and she'd retract her 3 foot long Succubus claws, "Fine..." she starts briefly, whiping her tail downward sharply before continuing, "You want protection from my wrath... And you wish to deliver a message to Raven and the others in the magical community... My conditions are thus..." she says with a brief pause, opening her eyes again to show she had calmed her rage and returned her eyes to their natural peaceful green.

"You will release Merry from her binds and let her walk to me, free of your touch or influence. Do that first, and I'll not touch you... I'll take you to Raven so you can deliver your message to her and under the terms of Parley, I will protect you from any harm that would be done to you by anyone else in the magical community.

However!

If you take any action that would bring harm to anyone else in the Magical community, be it a slap across anyone's face, a strike with a weapon, sticking your foot in someone's path to trip them... Anything caused by you that would do any member of the magical community bodily harm in any way... The Parley will thus be void and your life forfeit to my hand... Hold up your end of the deal, and I will not touch you. Nor will any other magical being. I will see to that personally as your willing guardian during the course of this Parley... Do we have a deal?" Lilim asks impatiently, awaiting Pentre's response.

Will looked at his cuffs and responded accordingly like any other person would, with a big fat middle finger to Robin before having to kiss his stinking boots. Once asked where Elesa was, his heart skipped a beat as he tried not to tell, but did, Kinda. "She's in a cave a little ways through the trees." He told him. But he then looked at him like he was crazy when he told him to start a fire. "Kinda can't start a fire cuffed up. Great thinking on your part genius."

"Enslaving non mortal creatures is immoral," Audemar said, mostly to Pentre, "I have been on this soil longer than you've taken breath and it is appuling, how your mind works. Believing it is brilliant to control magical beings until you come across the wrong one."
Sarina (played by SomeFazbear)

"Uh... my name is Sarina..." she spoke nervously. "Mind if I ask where I am and why it is that I'm here?" She glances around and rubs her temple softly. "I can't remember what happened."

Merry attempted a flinch and whimper as Pentre grasped her shoulders, but the collar held her still and silent. It almost seemed hopeless as he seemed unwilling to cooperate even with as strong as Lilim was. A much more suited guardian than a Forest Elf, for a lot of reasons. Lilim could fly, Merry couldn't. Lilim was practically invulnerable, Merry was squishy. The only thing hat Merry had over Lilim was that she was a better healer. That was literally it.

Merry was surprised when he started to release her from the chains and collar, saying nothing until the collar was removed and she didn't feel his touch any longer. She'd move her hands to rub her wrists a little and would step away from the man, taking a few slow paces before running to duck behind Lilim as quick as she could. Merry felt safer having Lilim between her and the man with the collars. She whispered her thanks into Lilim's ear, and would opt to stay with Lilim for a while, knowing her party would be safe and remain unfound. Pentre may not have expected for the now freed Forest Elf Priestess to hang around with the Succubus, but hey, now Pentre had a contracted protector and a willing healer with him. Even if said healer was scared of him and would rather avoid him like the black plague.

(love this song!!)

"I'm not sure....I was knocked out when it all happened....your best bet is to ask lilim when she returns.."

She says as she glances towards the exit of the cave. Her eyes became droopy, but not from being tired. She was....saddened, almost. And when she was saddened like this, she normally began to sing to somewhat lift the mood. But with elesa asleep and Sarina in the cave, she quietly sang the song to herself under her breath, her gaze staring longingly out towards the entrance.

"Let's go in the garden
You'll find something waiting
Right there where you left it
Lying upside down

When you finally find it
You'll see how it's faded
The underside is lighter
When you turn it around

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
But it still changes
Ever so slightly
Daily and nightly
In little ways
When everything stays..."

When the song finishes she sighs and pulls her legs to her chest, burying her head in her knees. If crow had been in control of their body, or had a separate body of their own, she would give raven a hug. She knew exactly what this song was about, and couldn't help but feel partly responsible for what happened.

"raven..."

"Yeah..."

"do you regret what happened..."

"Well....I don't know....it wasn't good...but something good came out of it..."

She says lost in the memories of many years ago, while tracing certain markings on the floor of the cave. These markings wouldn't be known to anybody except the witches. I guess you could say that witches had their own language, and she was writing in it, awaiting everyone's safe return.

Lilim blinked slowly and watched as Pentre reconsidered his own words and took the gamble of releasing Merry. Sure enough, Merry would only retreat as far as Lilim, and after a brief moment to hug her, Lilim would look to the Knight Captain, "As promised, human... You wish to find the one your message is meant for, just follow me. I'll take you to her. Just remember our deal." she says before looking to Audemar, "You wanna let down the vines, hun? And feel free to accompany us if you want. If not, then be safe out here and be careful of suspicious individuals." she says calmly, waiting for Audemar to lower the vines of his own magic of his own accord. Normally Lilim would be taking this time to be finding out names as she had claimed to the prince was mandatory in the Magical community, but Lilim was honestly not interested in knowing Pentre's name. Just as he called them creatures, so too would she settle for calling him human when addressing him.

His situation could be worse in the titles and addressing area, as Lilim could be calling him savage, or for that matter tyrant, given how badly he thought of beings of the magical community and how poorly he treated them. Only after Audemar allowed them to leave the enclosure of vines would Lilim lead Pentre peacefully toward the clearing just before they got to the Dwarven Mines, only to see Will up and moving and... Tending to someone? This situation didn't seem right, as Will was supposed to be wounded and unconscious as Lilim left him. Right away Lilim could smell that Will was still bleeding from the head and she could sense that his magic was still weakened from Lilim's Siphon Megido. An encounter would surely end poorly if Will was to get into a fight, so Lilim would hold up an arm to stop Pentre from progressing, "Merry... We have an ally wounded up ahead. Please go ahead of us and tend to him could you?" Lilim asks in a calm tone, rather hoping the guy sitting down wouldn't bother Merry as she tried to tend to Will's wounds.

Lilim would motion Pentre to follow her again, moving off to the side abit and starting to lead Pentre around where she just sent Merry, "It may be in your best interest to avoid an encounter right now, human. I assume you would like to relay your message as soon as possible, and an encounter now would only hinder that mission. Once you have said what you came to say you're free to exploit my protection as you wish, but remember our deal. No physical harm, lest the Parley be void." she reminds him. She'd lead him around Will for now, hoping Merry will have healed him before Pentre notices him.

(Much better. <3 )

Will sighed and did as he was told. He gathered up some sticks and got them in a pile before trying to use his fire magic. He tried multiple times, not being able to use his powers before throwing the torch into the fire, lighting it. He then walked to the horse and grabbed the meat and went to cook it. He was pale and growing paler from blood loss, which didn't show well in the campfire. Although he thought he heard voices, he didnt know who or what it was speaking

"You believe yourself to be superior," Audemar said, "it's pitiful but who am I to say what is moral?" He gave Pentre a glance, "it should be in your best interest to leave here."

Merry heard what the evil knight was saying to Lilim and quickly took off in a run for the other allies, trusting Lilim to buy her some time ahead of the knights advance so she could get ahead and treat the wounded soul she sensed ahead. The first thing Robin would notice coming into view would be Merry's earrings, as they had that soft blue glow to them from maintaining her Auric Sight skill. She could hear Robin begging for help, and approached calmly. As she came into his field of view she'd speak up, "I'm here to help... My name is Merrilee Titania, but my friends call me by my preferred nickname... Merry. I'm a Forest Elf Priestess, skilled in the healing arts of Aura. Please, allow me to see to your wounded friend." she says calmly with her hands held close to her chest in a timid position. She hoped her introduction would assure him that she meant no harm so that she could go and see about Will and treat his injuries before they made him suffer much longer.

Will just let Robin care for him, his mind elsewhere. By the time Merry had gotten to him, his eyes were closed and he passed out due to blood lose. Even though he was passed out, nightmares filled his head. Nightmares about his fellow soldiers who were like his brothers and sisters hanged for no reason, most of which who were humans, his wife and daughter killed for just being related to him. These nightmares were soon taken over by rage and bloodlust filled memories. Tearing men apart, ripping them to pieces by hand, the monster resting inside him, The Devil's Right Hand.

Merry walked slowly passed Robin toward Will, listening reluctantly to Robin babbling on about everything, though she turned her head to face him, "Is it really worth calling him a slave just to have him at your side?... I can see in your aura that this man means more to you than a title as petty and degrading as 'prime slave'... If you used to work with him as you claim, why not free him of such degrading accessories and just talk to him. If you and him could once get along, I believe you could again." she says encouragingly as she kneels to Wills side and sets to work. Her hands would start to glow a bright green as her Aura Heal sets to work, rapidly washing over Wills entire body and beginning to restore his health, seeing to his most serious injuries first.

As she works and the most serious of Wills injuries are healed, she'd speak again, "You are not beyond redemption, Robin... All it takes... Is to listen to your friends, and do what you feel is best. Consider this when the rest of the magical beings discover you out here... Would they really be so keen to greet you, treat you as a friend, and see you safely on your way when you have one of our own as a slave?..." she says in a gentle tone, "I am but a simple traveling healer now, and I am the only survivor of what happened to my village. 2 years ago... I tried to help a pair of people who had gotten lost in the forest I used to call home. They were liars, bandits... Murderers... I do not mourn them for what they did to my home... My family... My friends... All dead and their remains now ashes in a barren wasteland that was once a beautiful and thriving magical forest far to the West of these lands." she explains as she tries to relate to his own backstory with hers.

It would be very little time before his life was no longer at risk from his injuries, and from there, she continued to heal him. Every toxin and impurity he'd weathered, shrapnel from chipped or broken swords or arrows, scars along his body, bones that were remotely out of place from not healing correctly, all would be seen to by the dedicated healer. She'd continue speaking as she finished all the healing she could possibly do, "I should hate all humans for what happened... I should wish every last one of you dead... As you humans seem to wish such cruelty on we of the magical species..." she says in a calm and gentle tone, not trying to be provocative in any way, "But... That is simply not my way. All living things are children of Mother Gaia... But not everyone respects her, nor thank her for what she does for us. The bountiful foods we collect during the warmer seasons are to give us what we need to survive. And the harsh cold seasons are to test us and see if we can care for one another and remain strong enough to survive new challenges ahead... Would you disagree? Am I truly wrong to say that there are good humans in this world?... Would you really argue that there are no good magical beings in this world?... Perhaps it is that you have questioned your current path, and wish to be shown a better way?..." she says as she stands and makes her way toward Robin, placing her small, delicate hand upon his shoulder.

Softly she'd speak again, "You can always ask us, the beings of magic, for forgiveness, Robin. We will listen and give you a chance. We're not all as cruel as you were led to believe. There is evil magic in the world, I cant lie about that... But there is good too. You just have to know how to feel it. You do have a good heart, Robin. I can see it clear as day... You would be able to make friends with just about anyone, if you just ask." she says as she holds both hands close to him and works her healing magic on him as well. If he was feeling more relaxed, he'd feel old battle scares being erased, old out-of-place bones properly realigned and healed, blood toxins fading from his system, even a slight illness that was about to start giving him a lung problem fully recovered.

He'd suddenly feel like he was back in his prime after her healing energy fades from him, and she only hoped that he'd consider her words and think that just maybe... He doesn't have to have Will as a slave. But perhaps they could be good friends once again, as equals. Merry would step back and start toward the mountains where the old Dwarven mines were, "Be safe, Robin. Mother Gaia will be watching you." she says in a calm and gentle tone before stepping away, finished with her work.

Raven sighed and continued writing in the witches language on the dusty cave ground. Lost in thought, something in Raven, or Crow for that matter, compelled her to write music notes on the ground. Crow watched as Raven scribbled the notes on the ground, and she was shocked as she almost instantly recognized the tune. A tear fell down Ravens cheek as her eyes turned black, and Crows voice echoed throughout the cave, singing along to the notes that were on the ground while Raven hummed the almost familiar tune.

"It's over, isn't it? Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
It's over, isn't it? Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
You won and she chose you
And she loved you and she's gone
It's over, isn't it?
Why can't I move on?

War and glory, reinvention
Fusion, freedom, her attention
Out in daylight my potential
Bold, precise, experimental
Who am I now in this world without her?
Petty and dull with the nerve to doubt her
What does it matter? It's already done
Now I've got to be there for her son

End Your Summer On A High Note With These Hot Playlists
It's over, isn't it? Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
It's over isn't it? Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
You won and she chose you
And she loved you and she's gone
It's over, isn't it?
Why can't I move on?
It's over, isn't it?
Why can't I move on?"

More tears flow down ravens face as she pulls her knees up close to her body and hugs them, almost in an attempt to hug Crow. It was that moment that she heard another noise, rushing in her direction. Her head perked up and she let out a long sigh, before finally standing up and going to the caves entrance. She stepped out, and hid behind a rock before eventually seeing an elf run towards the cave. Raven couldn't help but sigh in relief as she approaches the elf. She really wanted to investigate the noise from earlier, but with Elesa in the cave, she couldn't. Now that an elf was there to watch over her, she was free to go investigate. She comes out and whistles to the elf before motioning in the cave to signal that Elesa was inside, before running off towards the source of the noise from earlier. When she reaches the source, she notices will passed out and someone she had never seen before sitting around a fire and eating. Upon closer inspection of will, she noticed the command collar around his neck. She couldn't help but let out a small, almost non existent growl before remaining quiet, keeping herself hidden behind one of the trees so as to not be seen, waiting to see what they would do now. Will didn't appear to be hurt, so she wouldn't attack them unless this new fellow posed any new threats to Will.

(bumping up in news feed)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus