Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Merrilee Titania (played anonymously)

(( Post removed. ))
Merrilee Titania (played anonymously)

(( OOC multi post - conversation between Merrilee Titania, Will Stone, and Robin has ended. ))
other (played anonymously)

(( Post removed ))
Raven (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Raven sighed and continued writing in the witches language on the dusty cave ground. Lost in thought, something in Raven, or Crow for that matter, compelled her to write music notes on the ground. Crow watched as Raven scribbled the notes on the ground, and she was shocked as she almost instantly recognized the tune. A tear fell down Ravens cheek as her eyes turned black, and Crows voice echoed throughout the cave, singing along to the notes that were on the ground while Raven hummed the almost familiar tune.

"It's over, isn't it? Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
It's over, isn't it? Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
You won and she chose you
And she loved you and she's gone
It's over, isn't it?
Why can't I move on?

War and glory, reinvention
Fusion, freedom, her attention
Out in daylight my potential
Bold, precise, experimental
Who am I now in this world without her?
Petty and dull with the nerve to doubt her
What does it matter? It's already done
Now I've got to be there for her son

End Your Summer On A High Note With These Hot Playlists
It's over, isn't it? Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
It's over isn't it? Isn't it?
Isn't it over?
You won and she chose you
And she loved you and she's gone
It's over, isn't it?
Why can't I move on?
It's over, isn't it?
Why can't I move on?"

More tears flow down ravens face as she pulls her knees up close to her body and hugs them, almost in an attempt to hug Crow. It was that moment that she heard another noise, rushing in her direction. Her head perked up and she let out a long sigh, before finally standing up and going to the caves entrance. She stepped out, and hid behind a rock before eventually seeing an elf run towards the cave. Raven couldn't help but sigh in relief as she approaches the elf. She really wanted to investigate the noise from earlier, but with Elesa in the cave, she couldn't. Now that an elf was there to watch over her, she was free to go investigate. She comes out and whistles to the elf before motioning in the cave to signal that Elesa was inside, before running off towards the source of the noise from earlier. When she reaches the source, she notices will passed out and someone she had never seen before sitting around a fire and eating. Upon closer inspection of will, she noticed the command collar around his neck. She couldn't help but let out a small, almost non existent growl before remaining quiet, keeping herself hidden behind one of the trees so as to not be seen, waiting to see what they would do now. Will didn't appear to be hurt, so she wouldn't attack them unless this new fellow posed any new threats to Will.

(bumping up in news feed)
Lilim (played anonymously)

Tron Pentre n guards wrote:
Pentre shrugged at Audemar's statement.

"Fear not traveller... I have no morals whatsoever. I am well cured from such weakening disease that usually plagues humanity, fortunately" assured Pentre disregarding the man, not about to be lectured in righteousness having had to endure Will's bickering on the matter more than enough years during their time together in the Basilisk Batallion under king Moriah's reign, yet another righteous sod.

"The only wrong magical cockroaches I encounter are those that are still breathing and roaming freely at large. Luckily, our mighty king Conrad has been taking measure to trim down their numbers and reduce the miscreants' volume quite heavily already. A while longer and we can confine all of them to the realm of myths, legends and unpleasant nightmares, right where they belong." concluded Pentre looking ahead at Lilim

Pentre noticed Lilim's move to try to circumvent the clearance and frowned displeased.

"Never mind personal interests, woman, I do not fear encounters with anyone... I am the lord knight Tron Pentre not a random damsel in distress sneaking around and about" huffed Pentre offended at the suggestion of trying to avoid danger

"I know the way through these forests like the back of my hand, straight ahead is the clearance where I found all of you earlier, probably where the witch is camping at, and right beyond that the old dwarven iron ore mines, where I send the better furnished slaves to work themselves to death. Why on earth would I wander about and around? We march ahead in a straight line and let's get to the clearance quickly, do keep a steady pace, the sooner I spit my words on that trickster's face, the sooner I'm free to return to the tavern with the strong ales and keen wenches, a place of bliss for the sake of a few silver pieces..." smiled Pentre broadly at the thought of a night of debauchery and drunkenness

"Besides... I am sure... given what you are... I have no doubt you can be quite an alluring temptress, if you make an effort and put your mind to it to try to be more pleasant... You could always show off your charms, honey, and use those bespoken enchantments the books of old speak of. I am sure if you're anything as graceful as Lilith was said to be, our foes will be far too enamoured to bother interfering in my quest, too distracted to even listen into my words and conversations.. sweetie.. all you have to do is to be nice and smile... sweet cheeks." noted Pentre bringing the horse along

"I hope you are not trying to make us walk around to lengthen my stay unduly? I fully understand that it's not every day you get to indulge in a well built warrior all clad in black leather and armour to accompany you... but... darling... between us both... it would never work out... I like my wenches with honey tongues and yours... well... clearly... you must be the only exception to the usual succubus everyone speaks of... best we go to the witch and get this done and over with so we can part ways..." muttered Pentre

(quote for convenience purposes after multi-post completion.)

Lilim wrenched more then once at everything Pentre said.

'No morals?! Tis no knight I am safeguarding!! Tis truly a feral savage in the position of a noble.

Magical cockroaches huh?... Big words coming from a single ant that wouldn't stand a chance against a child of the magical world without that precious net and those accursed collars of yours. When this war was brought to an end, I'll be seeing those enchantments dispelled one way or another.

No fear of encounters with others that would want you dead?... Wow this moron is making the Parley contract difficult to abide by.

Better to be a trickster than a drunken, perverted, disease to the land such as yourself, human.

Uh, gross, is this idiot actually trying to hit on me while he's spouting those verbal daggers at all of Magic kind? No thanks jerk. Your life essence would poison me.

Once again... Gross... The sooner I'm rid of you, the sooner I can send out a warning to the rest of the magical world to start avoiding humans in this continent. Your species is as much the pests and vermin as you claim the magical world to be.
'

Lilim would have these thoughts to all of Pentre's words. Each one made her tail shiver and curl as she wrenched and bit her tongue, wanting soooo badly to spin around with her claws and just claim his head here and now. She wouldn't do anything to him though, but moves ahead of him again to lead the way to the caves.

"Your lack of morals sickens me, human. And thanks but no thanks on drawing any of my much desired sustenance from you. Your life force is too corrupted. It would poison me. Besides, if none of the unfortunate bars maids you've molested and raped have bore you a child as of yet, then you're likely sterol anyway, so your cum would be as tasty as a raw rotten egg that came out naturally green from a hen suffering from the bubonic plague. Though... How can you rape someone with a dick the size of a single red wine grape? You certainly brandish that poisoned dagger you call a tongue enough to be compensating for something." she says with a satisfied smirk and 'whatever' shrug of her arms, holding her palms wide and facing upward for a moment as she hovers ahead of him.

She really hoped she rattled his cage with that, just as he was rattling hers. Still though, she was respecting the parley and not physically lashing out at him. She would just have to bide her time though, because if she could get him to lash out at her before they got to the caves, she could decapitate him with her claws and take his head and body underground right where they stood by using her Siphon magic on the ground.

She'd see Raven exiting the cave with her natural ability to see in the pitch blackness, and Merry getting close to enter. She'd sigh quietly knowing that when Merry found Elesa, she'd be waking up much sooner. Then she remembered she was leading Raven's former captor right back to her and her heart stopped for a second, horrified at her own contract and grinding her teeth to keep from being the one to violate it. It's just a message... It's just a message... If he touches her I can carve him to ribbons. If he goes for one of those collars, I can tear his throat out before he speaks the magic words. This savage has no way to fight me. Everything will be fine... Just stay calm. She thinks to herself and starts to hover a little faster, growing closer to what seemed to be a campfire with a pair of guys sitting around it. Will she recognized, but who was this he was with?
Will Stone (played anonymously)

Once Will woke up, he sat up and tried to stretch, but the cuffs didn't allow him to do that. He saw Robin and everything started to flood back to him. Although Robin was holding him captive and the thought of a man he trusted his life to and called a brother was a slaver, the one thing he knew Will despised, was shocking to him. Although most of the others that survived turn to lives of crime like theifs and bandits was reasonable to Will, the fact Robin became a Slaver was still a bit shocking.

He saw the food next to him and took it, grateful for it. He had not eaten a single bite to eat since encountering Raven and the others. He ate the food as he rolled his eyes at Robins jabbering. "That's one thing you still kept, the ability to not shut the hell up." Will chuckled and he looked at his hands and the cuffs, thinking of a way to get at least a hand free. Although the plan he had would leave his hand in a mangled state, but still not as bad as when an enemy general unleashed a pack of wolves after Will.

(( post removed ))

((OOC Multi-post between: Raven/Crow, Pentre/Robin, Lilim, Will Stone))

Raven had remained hidden behind the tree, listening to Will's and Robin's conversation throughout the duration of it. Both Raven and Crow had listened to his story, amazed that Will had such a deep connection with humans. She couldn't help but feel a multitude of emotions. It was sad, really, that a mortal man would go to such lengths, using the sigil collar just to keep someone from running away. To think, that someone could be so....lonely. They continued to eavesdrop, before something he said caused her to furrow her brow and very slightly peek out from behind the tree to get a better look at the two. It was true, she could see no visible wounds on will, and before reaching the two of them she had run into the elf that had come from this very same direction. She never once took her eyes off of them as she watched him release Will of all his binding, except that of the collar. She sighs, knowing that Crow should have memorized the saying that would release it. So if this man couldn't take it off, then she could. Though, talk about Pentre caused Crow to become concerned.

"what is it crow?"

"Pentre...something about that name seems familiar to me...and his face...i cant place it. but something tells me its nothing good..."

She says as she lurks back behind the tree, continuing to eavesdrop. Her eyes widened in disbelief. Does he.....feel sympathy for magic folk? And something about watching my kinsmen...my friends...being burned at the stake....made him angry....angry enough to attempt to kill the king?she thinks to herself as she stands there, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. Not long after that she could hear him be on his guard, as well as toss sand into the fire to avoid detection. She muttered under her breath before realizing she had been caught. There was no use in hiding. She steps out of the shadows of the tree and approaches them, cautiously staying a fair distance from the fire, but getting close enough so the light could hit her face and he would be able to get a good look at her. She stares at Robin, not moving much. She wouldn't reduce to violence, for if everything she heard was true, then it would surely mean he sympathized with the magics....right?

"Just so you know, i was a captive at your kings castle...i too wore the collar that my friend has equipped....and i know the words to remove them. With that said, if you wont take it off, i will. I'll be honest, i was listening in just now. Thank you....for the sympathy you have towards my kind that were burnt at the stake just days ago...I didn't get the time to mourn my fellow witches..."

She says to Robin. In an attempt to show that she meant no harm to either of them, she lifted up her cloak, to reveal that she had no weapons on her person. Afterwards she took a seat, making sure not to get to close to the fire.

"I'd like to ask you something....what can you tell me of Pentre..."

(( post removed ))

Raven nodded in agreement, pleased that there would be no fight, rather there would be peace. He did list a valid point though. She didn't need a weapon to be dangerous. Her entire being was a weapon. She couldn't argue against that. She listened as he said that their arrangement was that of a family matter and military affair. She furrowed her brow, glancing at the collar on Will's neck. For a family reunion, it seemed odd to keep him bound like that. She listened as the man had started talking about the collar, before she sighs and places her hand on her cheek, thinking before speaking up.

"There is always a way to beat the system....There is no way that a simple item such as that is able to tell who is who. It has no way of recognizing anything about a person aside from their voice....one would have to simply sound like the one who placed it for it to work, and being a witch, i have spells that can temporarily change ones voice to whomever they wish, given that they have heard it before."

She says to Robin.

"As for your family, I'm sorry to hear about your loss....I don't have any family either. The members of the magical community have become my family. Despite having no one, I am never alone..."

She says in reference to Crow. It was then that she noticed him push the satchel behind his back, and couldn't help but chuckle before looking at him from the distance, before speaking up to him once again.

"No need to worry...I know very much what those collars do, and I have no interest in taking them from you...as a matter of fact, if you could keep those things far away from me, i would be very grateful. Alas, I'm not trying to interfere in your military affairs. I have no interest in interfering. All I know is that you have my friend in a collar that could even control his speech if you wanted to...and I'd like you to release him."

She says, pursing her lips at his declination to offer any information about Pentre. Though giving it more thought, she decided not to press the issue anymore than she already had. She nods, grateful for his hospitality to offer her some of their food and water, but her eyes narrowed as he picked up a torch and watched him place it in the fire as to rekindle it. Despite his attempt to help her keep warm, she scooted back away from it, into the shadows as the flames in the fire got bigger.

"I appreciate the attempt, but all fire is dangerous to me, unless i conjure it myself..."

She states before looking up, her eyes widening as she sees Robin on one knee in front of her, looking deeply into her eyes. She was even more surprised to find out that he recognized her voice, and was able to identify her. Her face turns red slightly before she shrugs her shoulders as if it were nothing.

"No, nothing like that. I was wearing a collar, so i couldn't have even if i wanted to. He marched down and assumed I had kidnapped and killed his son. Or at least, he thought I had. Truth be told, I have never met the prince. But his disdain was so great he automatically assumed it was me, and demanded I named my price for his safe and dignified return. So I bluffed. I told him that he had to release me as well as every other prisoner there, and if he didn't after 5 days, there would be nothing left for him to find of his son. So he let us go. But now I need to find him..."

She says before Robin hushed her, getting defensive. She closed her eyes and used her sixth sense to scan the area, sighing in relief as she felt lilim's aura. She smiled softly at Robin before speaking up.

"Don't worry. It's a friend of mine. Your not like a normal human. You can befriend us magic folk, so your safe."

(( post removed ))
Will Stone (played anonymously)

Will was glad to be free from his bindings, but the collar still bugged him. He listened to every conversation the two had, putting all the information he was getting into a sort of plan. He thought about Elesa and how she could be the key to ending this war, but he still had to protect her. But once he heard Taff was the dragonlord, he was actually surprised. He wasn't a soldier by any means, he'd probably trip and stab himself during training, but he had a good heart. Once he had gotten a plan in his head, he stood up and walked over to where his sword was and picked it up, unsheathing it and inspecting the blade before sheathing it. "Alright. I'll get you the girl, but only under these conditions. Wherever she goes, I go, and our friend comes along with us to oversee her protection. And if this is truly a way to stop Conrads madness, then we need Merthyr back. He's going to also be a problem when he try to kill the king, as he'll protect his father." Will said as he walked over to them and finished the bit of rabbit meat he had left. "And if you would be so kind Robin, take this cursed collar off me. Its making my neck itch." He said as he scratched where the collar was.

(( post removed ))
Audemar (played by Tucker_Dragon)

Now Audemar left as he showed up; silently. He made his way back to the mines where everybody else was. He was debating on how to get the attention of these young magical creatures.

Lilim's tail gave away that Pentre's biting words were riling her up, shivering and swishing rapidly in the air between them as he spoke, "Wow... And you call magical beings the monsters?... You're every bit the heartless monster you imagine us to be. And by the way..." she says as she whirls around and holds out an open palm to place on Pentre's breastplate to stop his progression. He'd do well to note that as his breastplate hit her palm, the sound would be as though armor clashing to something else of equal armored density, rather than armor to soft, squishy flesh.

Lilim would glare into his eyes as she continues to speak, "Your solo acting attitude is your greatest weakness, savage. Those of us in the magical community would take up even greater arms should one of our friends or loved ones be struck down before our eyes. And those that you have failed to find, are just waiting to take your head as well as any other arrogant human in that prison you call a kingdom that dares take up armor and call themselves a guard. Compassion for friends, loved ones, and allies is not a weakness. As I am willing to prove. It is a source of far greater magic than you will ever comprehend, and anyone with a heart can feel that magic flowing around them. Some humans have even managed to harness its power and still dwell within the castle walls, right under your nose." she says with a brief smirk, just trying to tick him off knowing there was magic within the walls of his own home that even he had failed to detect.

She'd return her mouth to a scowl as she continues, "So... You just go right ahead, I dare you to draw your sword against Raven or my little sister. Because I will make you suffer if you do, and there wouldn't be anything you or anyone else could do to stop me." Lilim growls with her eyes burning red, sated at her threat even if the Parley currently prevented her from acting on it.
Lilim's glare to Pentre

gl-37176-1436765965.jpg

Once her words were done, she'd remove her hand from his chest and continue into the clearing, hovering at a walking pace and undulating her long tail with her speed, making it look like her tail was the thing propelling her along like the fin of a fish through water. She was grateful for the moment when the campfire was partially subdued, as the bright spot interfered with her nocturnal vision, but as it was rekindled she'd see Raven and once again grit her teeth at the fact that she was safeguarding the man that had taken her captive before, and she would be watching him. Waiting for him to strike at someone and break their parley and seal his fate.

(( post removed ))

Lilim would sigh and hover backwards as she specifies her words, "You misunderstand me. If you were to draw your sword against my sister, I would have you struck down before you could touch her. And you are right to call me a protectress, because that's exactly what I am. I safeguard this world from a force far more threatening to human kind than any force you can imagine. It is also good that you know of my mother, the Immortal Succubus Queen, Goddess Lilith. I'll spare you my story, as I doubt you care. But I do feel inclined to ask... Do you really think your king's captive dragon magic can safeguard you from the power of the Goddess Lilith from the legends? Because to tell you the truth, I have my doubts. It's not me or the magical beings of this world you have to worry about, savage.

Also... If your king desires a message, I can deliver my own words to his ears. And perhaps later your corpse to his feet. I do not need you alive to ask an audience with the king under a parley of my own in the name of peace. Now you would do well to mind your tongue around us, lest I be further tempted to violate our contract and remove it for you. Or is it that you do not value your own life just as you value no other? If that is the case, then our contract is null. I cant safeguard a golem. Best to straiten up... Captain... Lest you find yourself stripped of more than simply your noble rank."

Lilim's words were increasingly more hostile toward Pentre, but it was the last she had time to say before they were within ear shot of the campfire and Lilim would hover quickly to Raven and hug her warmly, "Hey... Sorry I've been gone so long... There's someone here to see you and has a message for you..." she says before moving to float around Will and Robin, "Hey Will... Sorry about earlier... You feel better I hope?... Wow, Merry did a great job. You look completely reborn." she says in a complementing as well as apologetic tone, then racing back to a spot between them and Pentre, "Guys! May I announce the presence of the kings messenger and primitive savage at arms!" Lilim says loudly, going to announce his presence as he asked her to, but she had no interest in saying anything positive about him.

She'd be keeping a close eye on everyone at that point, though Pentre in particular. She'd flinch slightly as she sensed Raven's power spiking from the sight of the 'lord knight captain', and got ready to jump in between them as her danger sense began to go nuts, telling her that something bad was about to happen.

(( post removed ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus