Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Over the Seas and Far Away (Closed)

Jess (played by koroni)

"But- my hat, my jacket-" cried Jess, as if this was a viable excuse.
She stared into the water like she was considering if it was dangerous or not, then she swore under her breath and took the rope. "Can't fight the ocean," she cursed, shaking her head and looking rather upset.
"Believe me, even if you had kept them on you, those brigands up there would have removed it all the same" muttered Morgan as if it were any consolation pointing Jess to the ropes to get going aboard the ship as per the pirate's instructions

"Compliance is survival after all..." reminded Morgan sharply, letting the bard to go next, then the prince and last himself
Sings-With-Heart (played by Arcol) Topic Starter

"What dimension is this that there are strange things like these?' Sings realized, just noticing that he was no longer in Tamriel, but somewhere else. Although the whistle had worked, it still didn't justify that he still dwelt in his homeland. He then contemplated his part in where he stood, with advanced weaponry and this talk of Capital City. Whatever happened to the Imperial City, or to Black Marsh, or anywhere he had sailed? For now, he decided, he would play along with the events happening in this confusing world he somehow ended up in. He had gotten in the smaller boat, but the recent treasure he had obtained, a jeweled ring, was lost to the depths.
Calico Jack and Blackbeard waited for the castaways to reach the decks, his men rounding them off on deck and ensuring they were all disarmed as they were pushed into a circle, well surrounded and watch

"Right then... I want names, and I want ranks, preferrably the truth... anyone caught lying will be severely dealt with" informed Calico his eyes gazing upon the new arrivals awaiting answers, his eyes trailing off towards the bard.
Jess (played by koroni)

Jess glanced sideways at Sings and smiled. "Wow. Haven't heard someone say something that weird in years. If you're telling the truth, buddy... Stay quiet and don't cause any trouble or you'll be dead before you figure out what's going on."

She climbed aboard the pirate's ship and let them remove her daggers, though she quietly remarked to one, "I'm gonna want those back later, so if you toss 'em overboard, you're next."
She crossed her arms, watching Calico Jack with the barest of interest. She raised a hand in greeting and simply said, "I'm Jess."
"By Neptune Jess... how long has it been since I last heard of you" chuckled Rufus from behind him handing the daggers back "Here, here, your precious, you certainly haven't changed one bit" smiled Rufus

"What on these wretched waters are you doing mingling with righteous riff raff?" quizzed Rufus baffled, patting her back

"Lass... you should certainly choose better company for your journey" chuckled Rufus pushing her aside and away from the rest "

"'tis one's good, capt'n 'tis lass be one of us" assured Rufus with confidence going to fetch a mug of rum

"Your unique markings make you stand out like a sore thumb, it has been years since our ships crossed paths near Black Marsh, remember me? Well maybe you don't it´s been a while..." trailed off Rufus happy to find a lost comrade after all these years and giving her the special treatment

"This has got to be the strangest dealing I've had on the ocean." he whispered to no one in particular. He noticed the pirates staring at his skin, green and reptilian, his tail poking from the back of his attire. Two scimitars hung from his belt, a lute on his back, and a cloak which covered half of his face. The hood, of course, was taken off, revealing the Argonian he was, feathers and horns cresting his head, two holes and two gills on the side of his face, the holes for hearing, and the gills for breathing beneath water.
Jess (played by koroni)

"Oh, thank the lord," sighed Jess. "I'll be honest, sir, I've got no recollection of who you are, but honestly? I'll take it." She stuck a knife back into her belt. "I needed to travel. I wanted a quiet ride. Rides with pirates ain't quiet." She pointed the knife at him casually. "You and your friends've ruined that plan, and cost me my very nice hat and jacket."

She leaned on the side of the ship and removed her hair from its tail, then pointed her knife at Sings-With-Heart. "You might want to leave that one alive." She pointed it to the prince, next. "And that one."
She hesitated, then pointed at the Captain. "Annnd because I promised a friend I'd try to be a good person, how about you don't kill anyone else, actually?"
Calico chuckled patting Jess on the shoulder. "We do not kill anyone usually, unless the captives refuse or are defiant to given orders. We need slaves to row, more slaves, more rowers, the faster the journey is" grinned Calico having Rufus to take the fifty army men that managed to make it to safety of the ship over to the oars, leaving the three Jess had singled out on deck for now

"Jess... I leave these three under your care and watch. Have these three stripped, give them those sack clothing tunics and shackle them well to the oars by the foot with an anklecuff, like all other rowing slaves are, until chores need to be done" instructed Blackbeard trusting the woman as one more man of the crew because Rufus vouched for her.

Morgan's face paled at the information given, not only were they prisoners but they would have their clothes and dignity removed as well as their freedom

He turned his attetion at Sings-With-Heart muttering a soft apology for the troubles and misshap and looking rather beaten at the turn of events

"Once we are rowing I will certainly need a cheery tune... if you happen to have one, despite the grim occasion" asked Morgan stressed out at the terrible turn of events.

"I do," he replied, "But I cannot play without my lute." He appeared forlorn at their current situation, a slave once more to foolish men, like his ancestors before. "I do however have a few good tunes to sing, if we have the time and permission."
"I will work hard to earn you that flute back, my friend..." assured Merthyr seeing how saddened the bard was

He wasn't particularly keen on sailing with pirates, never mind as a slave under their command but the bard had done his earnest to help them out and Merthyr felt obliged to do his part to return the favour, even if the serpent's outcome was not exactly what they had foreseen
Jess (played by koroni)

"Yessir," replied Jess simply to the captain, and she nodded at the three men and went to lead them somewhere quiet. It took a bit of exploring before she found somewhere relatively quiet. Then she turned to face the three and crossed her arms.
"So," she started, voice low, "let's get straight to the point: I have no interest in staying on this ship. I'm not interested in piratehood right now. All I wanted was to get to the Capitol. So if one of you lot comes up with a plan that's not punching our way out of here, which will not end well for the three of you, I'll do my best to help. Sound good?"
Morgan looked at her

"We're slaves, any slave tries to leave that's the surest death sentence, there is something you can do though. These men are proper pirates and one thing I learnt from them is that they love and gambling as much as they like a good fight.

Perhaps with dice and lady Luck on your side, you can barter us against them I rather be your slave than theirs" pointed out Morgan

"For at the next port you will be allowed to leave, with your slaves, whilst those on this ship will sail away still chained by the ankle cuff" mused Morgan

(Is anyone still there?)
((OOC Host main account has been deleted - RP dormant / no longer active ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Over the Seas and Far Away (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus