Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Cowboy and The Angel(CLOSED 1X1)

Rose (played by StillDoll)

Rose folded her wings tightly against her back as she stood in her bedroom before her full length mirror. Wearing a red and white checkered button down short sleeved shirt, very short skin tight faded blue jean shorts, and black cowgirl boots. Inspecting her outfit, she nodded once she was satisfied and picked up her white cowgirl hat that was folded up carefully on the sides. Settling it down on her head, her cotton candy pink hair fell in curls down her shoulders and stopped just before the middle of her chest. Hiding her white fethered wings in her shirt so the humans wouldnt notice, she grabbed her dodge ram truck keys.

Then she walked out of her house and took in a deep breath of Wyoming, country air. Summer was coming to a close and a slight chill was on the wind but it wasnt cold enough to stop Rose from wearing shorts. Turning and locking her front door, she slid her green camo wallet into her back pocket then her purple cased phone into her front pocket. Heading to her truck, she hopped in since it was a good foot or two off the ground. Sliding into the drivers seat, she started up her truck and backed up before turning the truck around. Driving out of her property took a good five minutes, she turned on country music and turned it up pretty loud.

Driving into town, she parked in the parking lot beside the feed store. Turning off her truck and hopping out, she shut the drivers side door and headed inside the feed store. Going right up to the counter, she smiled at the man behind the counter and leaned onto the counter. "Hey Jack. I need the usual amount of feed this week instead of next week. Then i need to place in a order for fifty bales of hay," she told him. Her voice as smooth as honey and as sweet as sugar. Jack grinned and wrote it all down. "Well i will certainly get all that done for you Ms. Rose," he said, checking her out. Rose put her finger under his chin and gently lifted his head to look her in the eyes. "Jack. My eyes would be up here," she teased then took her wallet from her back pocket and payed for the feed in cash. "Oh i will also need help getting the feed into my truck," she said as she placed her wallet back then turned and walked out of the feed store.

Walking out to her truck, she started it up an brought it around the backside of the feed store. Getting out, she pulled the latch and a faint click was heard as the tailgate opened and she gently put it down. Two men were loading up the feed as she walked back to the drivers side. "Jack. Im going for a stroll while you take care of this. Heres my car keys and just park my truck back out in the parking lot," she said while handing him the keys. Then she turned and walked down the town's sand covered sidewalk, glancing into store windows occassionally.

(Need a male cowboy character for this. Thank you)
Tiberius (played by berserker544)

When she left, a sliver truck pulled into the truck, with a black horse trailer on the back. The door opened and a big boot came out and stepped onto the pavement. It was a dark brown cowboy, the top was covered in a dark blue pair of jeans. The door closed and a man stood there, he had on a a dark blue plaid shirt as well. And finally a dark brown cowboy hat that looked to be 100 years old at the very least. the man looked around then walked into the shop and came out, holding a bag of horse feed, and a few apples on the top. He opened the back of the trailer and started to pour the food inside, clearly for an animal in the back
Rose (played by StillDoll) Topic Starter

When Rose was finished walking, she turned and headed back. On her way to the back of the store, she stopped beside a black horse trailer hearing the horse inside. Not noticing that the back was open or a man was working behind it. She reached through the metal bars across the top and gently pet the horses muzzle. "Hey there. Aww does your owner have you locked up in here all alone?" she asked the horse, clearly not knowing the owner was standing behind the trailer and close enough to hear her.

Taking half an apple from her hand, she fed it to the horse with a smile. "Your just te sweetest arent you? Pretty too," she said with a smile. Petting the horse's head then pulling away and tilting her hat back a bit. Watching the horse curiously, she then looked at the truck and realized she had never seen it before. So this guy was new then, maybe just passing through.

Tiberius peered from around the back of the trailer, and saw the girl "In the trailer, yes, alone, no." he said standing up and walking around "His name is Arthur." he explained

Arthur was a huge horse, standing at 17 hands tall, he was light brown and had white stockings with a white diamond on his forehead

"Can I help you?" he asked the girl, he didn't mind it too much, but she really shouldn't be petting someone's horse without knowing it

Rose jumped and turned to him rather quickly, a light blush spreading across her cheeks. "Oh. I didnt know you were um standing behind the trailer..sorry but there really isnt anything you can help me with. I just thought your horse was pretty so i decided to stop and give it some loving attention," she replied with a shrug. Then she smiled and held out her hand. "Hey. Im Rose," she introduced herself. Thinking that maybe this guy would need a job, she did in fact have a need for a ranch hand.

he nodded, and took her hand gently, his hand rough from working "Tiberius Anderson. It's nice to meet you Rose. I'm sure I speak for both of us." he said, nodding at the trailer, meaning Arthur. He let go and went back to finishing up filling Arhtur's feeding bucket and closed the door. He was getting ready to leave.

Rose smiled then quickly caught his arm before he climbed into his truck. "Hold on a sec. I dont know if your in need of a job or not but i need to hire a ranch hand. There is some heavy duty work that needs to be done but i cant do it all myself. I'll pay for supplies and you can use the extra bedroom in my house. It pays a good thousand a month," she said and looked up at him hopefully. He looked strong enough to get the job done so she figured why not. "Arthur can have his own pasture if he needs it. Or he can stay with my horses," she added.

'wow...old school job offer huh?' he thought "Well...I would have to see the place first..." he said to her, "I need to make sure that these pastures are good enough for Arthur."

Rose grinned and turned on her heel, starting to walk to her truck. "Be right back. Follow my truck back out to my ranch," she said over her shoulder as she made her way to her silver dodge ram. Taking the keys from Jack as he stood leanin on the truck. He tried to make a move on her but she literally pushed him away before hopping into her truck that was a bit high off the ground for her. But thats the way she liked it.

Starting up her truck, she drove out of the parking lot and made sure Tiberius was following before continuing out to her ranch which was a good thirty minutes out of town. Then she pulled onto a long stretch of dirt road and two wooden gates blocked the entrance. Hopping out of her truck, she opened them wide then climbed back into her truk and started down the road. The fields on either side were a lush green and stretched on for miles in every direction except behind them. It took five minutes to come to a two story country house with rose bushes lining the house except for the steps onto her porch. Turning off her truck, she slipped out and waited with a smile. "So? What do you think?" she asked when he got out of his truck.

Tiberius got out, and looked around "Well...I'm impressed." he said whistling a bit "I think I can work here." he said nodding. "As long as Arthur is well cared for of course." he said, and opened the back of the trailer and lead Arthur out and lead him to a field, and letting him go out to explore. "So then...where do you want me to start?" he asked her

Rose smiled as he whistled and her eyes lit up with his approval. She hadnt really had anyone at the ranch other than her brother. Who really wasnt her brother but was so close a friend that she called him that. He didnt mind though. Watching as Tiberius put Arthur out in a pasture, she motioned for the house. "Grab what things you have and i will show you to your room," she said, not giving him a job just yet.

Once he had his stuff, Rose led him inside then upstairs and down the hall to the last room. Opening the door, she walked in and showed him his room. It was a caramel color and had a window that overlooked the pasture Arthur was in. It had a full size bed with a dark polished oak wood bedframe, a nightstand, a lamp, a dresser, a closet, and a bathroom. It was a pretty roomy room otherwise. "So this is your room and my room is down the hall, two doors down, and to your left. So if you need anything let me know. Oh and i need the feed unloaded from the back of my truck. The barn is around the right side of the house. Dont be afraid to drive my truck over there if its a bit too far. Heres my truck keys and the feed will go onthe far side in the right hand corner," she instructed, handing him the truck keys then smiled and left his room. It was still early so he had time to get the job done as well as set up his room.

Tiberius nodded as she left. He unpacked his things, putting a rifle case into the closest. He unpacked some of his clothes, then walked out. His first job: Empty the truck. He walked down and out to the truck, and drove the truck over to the barn, he had a much easier time getting into the truck than Rose, being taller than her and all. He then pulled the bags off and placed them in the back right, piling them neatly in a stack. After he made sure that was all the bags, he drove the truck back to beside his own truck. Before he went back into the house, Tiberius un-hooked his trailer, to take the weight off of his truck. After he was done that, he walked inside "Miss.Rose?" he called into the house "Miss.Rose, I'm done unloading your truck, what else can I do for you?"

Rose was in her bedroom, talking to her brother on the phone. After a few minutes, she heard Tiberius and told her brother bye before hanging up. Slipping her phone into her pocket, she headed down stairs and smiled when she saw him. "You can call me Rose, Tiberius." she said and stood in front of him. "Well saddle up Arthur and i'll take you for a ride out around the perimeter. Your gonna need to know it in case i need you to fix the fence. As it is, i do need you to fix a small section on the far east side," she said while walking past him and outside. Waiting for him for a minute, she watched her tame horses walk about in the pasture opposite of Arthur's.

"Meet me behind the house. I'll wait for ya," Rose said as she made her way over to the barn. Grabbing a saddle, she walked down to the last stall where a pure black mare with white hair was standing. Going inside her stall, she saddeled her up and hopped on. Grabbing the reins, she softly tapped the horses flank and walked her out behind the house.

Tiberius walked quickly out to his trailer. He had two saddles, a ranch and a Mounted Shooting saddle. The difference being in the names. He pulled out his Ranch saddle, the leather, showing much age, but much care to go with it, and called Arthur over. He put a horse blanket on him then the saddle, and strapped him in. Tiberius hoped on and then took off around the house to meet Rose behind the house.

Rose waited and gently pat her horses neck. Lightly tapping her flanks to get her moving along the barbed wire fence as Tiberius came around the corner of the house. When he caught up to her, she looked over at him and smiled. "This is Luna. The fastest and prettiest of all my tame horses. I have a herd of wild horses that i keep inside my perimeter. I let them do as they please but i keep them protected from other people as well. I think its a herd of one hundred and fifty but i could be wrong. They dont stay still long enough for me to get a good count," she said as they walked along the fence.

"Wild huh?" he asked as they started to walk "Not many wild horses left...and I don't they're considered wild if they are kept inside of a fence Miss.Rose." he said Miss again, old habits, plus she was his boss, it was only right. "To be wild, they would be able to do as they please and go as they please." he said looking out at the pasture "All they are now are untrained horses."

Rose smiled and looked at Tiberius, pulling Luna to a stop. "I suppose so. But i mean they go anywhere they want on the two hundred acres i own. Though they only travel a good hundred of it. Most of the property hasnt been touched by them. They usually stay on the inside of it but an ocassional one will wander out of their usual territorry. But i suppose your right," she said with a shrug then tapped Luna's flank and continued on without another word. Soon she came to a stop again and got off of Luna. Cursing quietly under her breath when she saw the barbed wire cut and fresh tire tracks in the grass. Looking into the pasture, she frowned and quickly swung back onto Luna. Turning her horse sharply, she started back to the house at a quick walk. "Sorry we will have to continue this at a later date," she said to Tiberius.

Pulling out her phone, she dialed a number and put her phone to her ear. "Craig! They did it again. They cut through my fence and drove theyre damned trailors into my pasture and took some of my horses. If you dont get this fixed soon i will sue them for everything your worth. I'll get them too while im at it," she said in pissed off tone. "I dont care if they own half the town. Theyre stealing my horses damn it," she replied to the man on the other end. "Get it fixed Craig," she said with finality and ended the call by closing her phone. Slipping it back into her pocket, she glanced at Tiberius and gave a sheepish smile. "Sorry bout that. But today you can do whatever. I'll show you the far east side tommorow and you can get it done then," she said.

"Is there a problem Miss.Rose?" he asked her. He knew there was a problem, but he didn't have all the details.Someone stealing her horses? "Whats going on?" he asked her looking worried as he leaned forward on his saddle

Rose pulled Luna to a stop and a small frown flitted across her features. "Just an old rivarly. Been going on for three years now. But i need you to watch this side often. Dont hesitate to shoot anyone you see," she said as she urged Luna on again. Once she got back to the house, she led Luna to the barn. Then unsaddeled her and brushed her down quickly before leaving. Going back into the house, she paused to look for Tiberius. Once she found him, she walked over to him and gently nudged him. "Dinner is at six which is another hour or so. You can come help cook if you want," she offered with a smile.

"umm...sure...but you mind explaining the whole shooting thing? I mean, in this day and age, we can't just shoot someone..." he said, following her into the house. "I have two guns upstairs, a rifle and pistol, but I'm not willing to shoot someone with them just yet, without good reason."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Cowboy and The Angel(CLOSED 1X1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus