Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Searching for RP (RPR or Furcadia)

Mithras (played anonymously)

How do you do, RPR? :)

I'm here because RP has hit a serious lull for me. I've found some really good ones since I made up my character here, and I've made a few good friends, both IC-ly and OOC-ly, but I've sort of resigned myself to just talking OOC on Furcadia. I'd really love to find a new RP to put myself in, but let me specify a little what I'm looking for:

• I'm not looking for adult-themed RP. My character has a sworn vow of chastity, and I do not intend for him to break that vow easily, or after only a little character development. I know what my always/never chart says, but believe me, I'm really not looking to have that change happen to my character right now.
  • I am looking for a well-written, thoughtful RP. I'll keep my posts as short as a paragraph, as long as several, and I'll police my work for typos or awkward phrases. I'd really enjoy the RP so much more if you could do the same at your end, although if the RP was to occur over Furcadia, obviously these would be relaxed to some degree, at least on the post length; I'd still like to be able to understand what's being written on Furcadia.
  • I am looking for medieval/fantasy RP. Dragons, faeries, knights, mages, the whole nine yards; as long as it's conducive to having an anthropomorphic lion paladin with gryphon wings, I'm interested. Modern RPs, sci-fi RPs, even mundane medieval RPs, not so much. If it's a group RP on Furcadia, though, please let me know what sort of rules/guidelines that are in place. I know that some dreams have very strict rules, and I would like to avoid having to alter either my character or skirt around the rules to fit in.
  • I'm not looking for OOC actions or persona play. Please keep in mind that I'm looking for RP for my character, not for me. If you'd like to get in touch with me, not my character, you can send my character a PM and label it as being to me, the player, or you can find my Furre (same name and everything) on Furcadia, probably around Naia Green, and talk to me OOC-ly there. When in the RP, though, I expect my character to be interacted with by your character, not you.
  • I am looking for frequent, reliable posts. Whether we're RPing here, on RPR, or in Furcadia, I'd really like to avoid being left hanging on a post. If you have to go out for a few hours, or you don't wish to continue the RP, just let me know. I won't hold it against you, trust me; I've had RPs that I've lost interest in, and I've had things come up where I had to go. If your situation causes you to only be able to post a few hours out of the day, let me know and I'll see if I can't get something working; if you've got a good idea or character, but can only post once a day, I'll make sacrifices for that one post a day. :)
  • I'm not looking for a specific medium. I can be flexible with the guidelines that are given me, so if we have the RP here on the forums, or through PM, or even in a private group, I'm alright with that. Similarly, on Furcadia, I'm fine with holding the RP in anything from Teen+ and up; if there's special guidelines on content in a particular dream, I'll do my very best to follow them. But, I'm neither a particularly violent nor a particularly explicit person; just because the setting allows for a lot of questionable content doesn't mean that I'm going to give a lot of questionable content.
I know that there's a lot of stuff here, but really, if you're interested in the character, give me a post, or a PM, or a whisper over in Furcadia (Mithras is the alt name) letting me know what you've got in mind. And, if you have a group or a dream that might be up my alley, let me know where I can look it up. Thanks for your sweetly-faked attention, and I hope that we can make some great RP together. :D
I would love to set up a 1x1 with you! :) I can only do via RPR however, and my posting hours are generally limited to evening (like right now) because I have classes in the morning/afternoon. I haven't done some well-thought-out, long posts in a while, so I think it'd be great for me to start working on that again! If you want, we can PM and discuss it further? :)
Mithras (played anonymously) Topic Starter

I've still got plenty of room in my schedule for RP, so if anyone else has an interest, please don't hesitate to let me know through the various channels. I'm a player who can have multiple RPs at once. :)
Mithras (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Scratch that. I have effectively no room in my schedule for RP. I'll be more than happy to set something tentative and far, far away in the future when I have free time again, but for the present and foreseeable future, I simply can't get into anything.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Searching for RP (RPR or Furcadia)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus