Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

Lancelot didn't linger too long for Inai to reply to his proposal grabbing two of his three daggers and proceeding to throw them at Merthyr, looking wide eyed in dismay as two of three shots where wasted and almost caused the king injury.

Merthyr shuddered at the close shots that were missed and landed too close to his neck for comfort.

"Your final shot traveller... if you think you can better the knight, proceed... his last will be after yours" invited Morgan letting Inai have his last throw and causing Merthyr to look up wide eyed and horrified that this seemingly unskilled boy could easily get his throat instead

If Lancelot of all people missed, no way this boy could be any better. To make matters worse, his jaw was growing sore and tired from biting into the apple as well. He definitely rather fight the boy on a fair duel than strapped with an apple in the mouth like a helpless pigglet ready for roasting.
Those who travel acr (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Inai nodded along to the proposal, agreeing to its terms. It was exactly what he wanted: A no holds barred fight against someone who claimed to be a good fighter and a fair one at that. It would give him the perfect opportunity to test out the capabilities of his new wooden arm. He looked up at the man, "This isn't about proving anything to myself, I merely wish to fight the best warriors I can. Seeking them out and dueling them is merely part of my life."

A small cry of surprise slipped from his lips as Lancelot suddenly butted in and took two shots before he had even had the chance to protest. "Hey! My shot is next!"

He had finally got the chance of actually pulling a royal into a battle and a fair one at that. This was not something he was going to give up on lightly, he had no regard for any consequences of this, since as far as he was concerned, the second it ended he could simply leave the kingdom.
Lancelot held the third dagger temptingly, certain his next shot would definitely hit now that he had calculated the distance and force but reluctantly released the dagger back onto the table in surrender as Inai demanded his final shot first.

"Very well, my liege... your final shot is next" accepted Lancelot yielding right away and letting Inai take his throw, stepping aside to give the youth maximum time and space to execute his task, well aware a mishap could lead to serious injury thus the king was better served by giving the contestant no distractions and ample opportunity to throw well.

Merthyr steeled himself ready for the daggers being thrown his way.

It was quite unnerving to see the danger coming yet be unable to evade any of it, with some luck Inai would miss again and with greater one Lancelot would not.

In the meantime he gazed at Ambrose forcing a reassuring smile as if to reassure the young princess that all was well
Morgan looked on with interest, far more focused on the bets and contestant skills rather than customers.
He already had workers tending to those and their orders after all.

It was far more amusing to see the most renowned knight miss the target twice and this rather young stranger seemingly displaying an extraordinary good aim.

Whether his skill was good enough to hit the apple, reckless enough to wound the king or lacking enough to miss the target, that remained to be seen and these possibilities all equally plausible kept the bets raising and the mead and ale flowing.
Erga Kenesis Di Raskreia (played anonymously)

Raskreia watched the scene through an open window, disgusted by the "favorite past-time" of humans.
"Is there even a point to all this?" She sighed. She continued to watch unnoticed until it would be time for her to intervene.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus