Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

Ambrose Acheron (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((bump))
Morgan leaned closer to Inai curious about the man

"So... why would a bandit hang with a knight, flirt with assassin and fail so miserably yet expertly at hitting the target?" asked Morgan

"Do you even have what it takes to make a man bleed? Are you a thief or a warrior?" asked Morgan "Thieves tend to have perfect handle of the daggers, they use them to climp up walls and pick locks, not sure if you have stomach to scratch anyone though" mused Morgan

"I´ll bet one hundred gold you lack the guts to harm the royal, despite your blatant claims of displeasure" smirked Morgan placing the pouch of one hundred pieces not caring a few scattered about.

Ambrose watched as the woman walked away, stunned by her words of warning and her offer of help. Her eyes widened and she just gawked as the woman walked out. The woman had given her a lot to think about, not to mention she had a point. Though this was part of her father's plan to end the war, and she had faith in her father. Though for now, she would heed the woman's warning and not do anything to the human's. Though she had to question what the woman was or why she was here. She wanted to know what the woman was planning, but for now she would listen.

However, she couldn't do anything about the collar around her neck. Though her father would. The collar was limited in its capabilities, and her father was secretly watching everything that was happening to her, and watching those around her from a different plane. She would look around and sigh, before going back to taking orders and delivering orders. More men would grab at her, but none would request her presence in the back. Not yet anyway. Though they would tip her nicely, and she would continue putting on a friendly front while she served the rest of them.
Erga Kenesis Di Raskreia (played anonymously)

(( I'm just going to see how the rest plays out until I think Raskreia will fit back in))
Those who travel acr (played by Thekaleidoscope)

For Inai, this was a small little moment of clarification, he knew what he wanted. A fight on equal footing, not some game where he could simply cripple his opponent with no challenge. While many things brought him to that decision it was two in particular: first his love for duels upon which his life was on the line and the second being that he despised using power over another to get ones way.

Turning back to the man who had given him the new bet, he didn't remember the name since he didn't see him as worthy of leaning it and smiled softly. "Should I hit the apple and "win" this game I request a different victory condition. The right to one on one combat with this prince. There you will properly see how much willingness to harm I have."

The indignation of being called a thief stung him slightly, so did being called a bandit. The only thing he ever thought of himself as was a warrior and a wandering one with no home at that. Not some petty criminal.
Morgan nodded at Inai's demand

"I can grant you such duel instead of the gold. We will pay his master the reward and get you your coveted fair fight, this is what is all about, right? Prove between you two who is the better fighter?" quizzed Morgan having seen enough righteous warriors like Inai drop by his tavern before and not untoward such a request

"Tell you what I'll bet fifty gold in your favour... first... though you have to have sufficient skill to knock that apple and few men can. If you do manage though... yours will be a fair fight, two equal swords of my choosing, no furniture to disturb you two, a fight till either surrenders" granted Morgan no sooner Aynor nodded his consent

"Anyone tries to interfere I will personally remove the obstructions, if either of you two play foul I will calmly run you through with my sword for cheating" mused Morgan quite looking forward to a decent fair fight for a change too used to common squabbling and dirty play that Inai had light up curiosity and honorability from a long gone past
Lancelot frowned at the words, wide eyed that Morgan was so agreeable

"I must intervene, my liege. These thugs may well grant you your demanded prize instead of the gold and, honestly, I neither wish to see you harmed further nor do I wish to see the prince injured, besides such is high treason in this kingdom and soil, it would only get us all into greater trouble with the law. I know he offered the duel but best we forget about that altogether..." trailed off Lancelot looking at Inai for permission

"If you allow I shall take my three shots right away, if I were to miss for some unphatomable reason, you always have that last shot to try for the apple and earn your duel but not without my every effort to spare you both from such an encounter" interjected Lancelot alarmed at Inai's demand.

Morgan, Lancelot and Aynor looked at Inai wondering if the youth would consent to hold off on his last throw or not curious even as to how Inai would react to that request.

(( Bump))
((waiting for Inai to respond))

(( It'd be awkward if he never did...))
(( OOC I sent Kalei a message, if not I´ll just post later today))

okie!!!

(( Bump. I'd like this RP not to die just yet))

(I'm sorry, just give a bit longer and I can hope to get a reply out)
Lancelot didn't linger too long for Inai to reply to his proposal grabbing two of his three daggers and proceeding to throw them at Merthyr, looking wide eyed in dismay as two of three shots where wasted and almost caused the king injury.

Merthyr shuddered at the close shots that were missed and landed too close to his neck for comfort.

"Your final shot traveller... if you think you can better the knight, proceed... his last will be after yours" invited Morgan letting Inai have his last throw and causing Merthyr to look up wide eyed and horrified that this seemingly unskilled boy could easily get his throat instead

If Lancelot of all people missed, no way this boy could be any better. To make matters worse, his jaw was growing sore and tired from biting into the apple as well. He definitely rather fight the boy on a fair duel than strapped with an apple in the mouth like a helpless pigglet ready for roasting.

Inai nodded along to the proposal, agreeing to its terms. It was exactly what he wanted: A no holds barred fight against someone who claimed to be a good fighter and a fair one at that. It would give him the perfect opportunity to test out the capabilities of his new wooden arm. He looked up at the man, "This isn't about proving anything to myself, I merely wish to fight the best warriors I can. Seeking them out and dueling them is merely part of my life."

A small cry of surprise slipped from his lips as Lancelot suddenly butted in and took two shots before he had even had the chance to protest. "Hey! My shot is next!"

He had finally got the chance of actually pulling a royal into a battle and a fair one at that. This was not something he was going to give up on lightly, he had no regard for any consequences of this, since as far as he was concerned, the second it ended he could simply leave the kingdom.
Lancelot held the third dagger temptingly, certain his next shot would definitely hit now that he had calculated the distance and force but reluctantly released the dagger back onto the table in surrender as Inai demanded his final shot first.

"Very well, my liege... your final shot is next" accepted Lancelot yielding right away and letting Inai take his throw, stepping aside to give the youth maximum time and space to execute his task, well aware a mishap could lead to serious injury thus the king was better served by giving the contestant no distractions and ample opportunity to throw well.

Merthyr steeled himself ready for the daggers being thrown his way.

It was quite unnerving to see the danger coming yet be unable to evade any of it, with some luck Inai would miss again and with greater one Lancelot would not.

In the meantime he gazed at Ambrose forcing a reassuring smile as if to reassure the young princess that all was well
Morgan looked on with interest, far more focused on the bets and contestant skills rather than customers.
He already had workers tending to those and their orders after all.

It was far more amusing to see the most renowned knight miss the target twice and this rather young stranger seemingly displaying an extraordinary good aim.

Whether his skill was good enough to hit the apple, reckless enough to wound the king or lacking enough to miss the target, that remained to be seen and these possibilities all equally plausible kept the bets raising and the mead and ale flowing.

Raskreia watched the scene through an open window, disgusted by the "favorite past-time" of humans.
"Is there even a point to all this?" She sighed. She continued to watch unnoticed until it would be time for her to intervene.
(( OOC - This RP has not been active since October 2017 so I consider it over/ discontinued.

FYI, I have personally dropped out of this RP altogether and will not return, alongside any of my characters. However, if you are interested in the plot itself send me a PM and we can replay something similar elsewhere ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus