Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

Ambrose Acheron (played anonymously) Topic Starter

While the 5 leaders seemed to be preoccupied with Arun, she would move to stand besides Merthyr and Taff, keeping her voice lowered to a whisper. Her bakgs would fall in front of her face, but she would remain calm and collected, despite their current situation. She would glance at the two of them through strands of her hair before speaking to them.

"It appears that we are on the same boat. But tell me, if we are headed back to your father's kingdom, then why would they bind you with the silver collar as well..."

She says before looking at Arun. He should consider himself lucky he even had a choice, as the group had rendered the the rest of them nothing more than puppets awaiting orders. She would stare at the ground, waiting for an answer.
"Aynor is an outlaw, the most sought bandit in the realm, he has far more execution orders against his name than parchments at the royal library. Who knows what he has in store for me to force my or my father's hand for the matter and I honestly dread to find out altogether" muttered Merthyr wearily

Robin frowned at Arun "I could consider that an offensive rebellion of sorts, get singing or I will cut out the useless tongue that won't serve its masters" warned Robin in a no nonsense tone

"oh...great...do me a favor, keep who I am to yourself...my father has a plan, and I'm trying to see it through..."

She says before looking up and staring at the five captors. She shakes her head and sighs, bringing her arms in front of her and staring at them, her eyes glowing much brighter.

"You lot are truly a sad bunch, aren't you..."

She says before taking a seat on the ground. She would presume that they were going to rest, given that they had mentioned they were famished, and wondered if they still planned on making her cook. She would simply shake her head though, pulling her body closer to her as she waited to see what her captors would make her say and do next.
Arun-Ja (played by Arcol)

"I've braved the depths of Coldharbour, walked through fire and death, seen the horrors of nightmares, endured the loss of my family to Molag Bal, and defeated the same in a duel. My tongue is part of my soul, and shall you cut it from me, my mistresses, Azura and Meridia, shall restore it all the same. Do what you will, but I shall not become enslaved by measly bandits, when the Daedric lords have already sought my life for their own." He spat on Robin's face, tempting him further. "Come now, fool," he shouted with confidence, "Let us see the results of your ignorance."
"Well that was an impressive enough narrative... see? You can do your job with some prompting by the looks of it" nodded Robin quite liking the explanation "These gods of yours are they menacing and powerful? or whelps that idle among flowers and beauty ignoring mortals prayers and pleas?" quizzed Robin

"Robin... hush now... you and I are taking these back to the city, up to the king what to do with the bard so no maiming him, you cannot present to him a mangled offering. You know his majesty has a distinct taste for these exotic stories of myth and might, he wouldn't take it kindly if you were to remove this one's tongue and spoil his chance to hear more of it" explained Aynor watching Robin sheathe the dagger he had taken out to make good on the threat.

"You heard... the king wants to hear you... so get marching, the lot of you" muttered Robin nudging the man forward and the rest of the group.

"We can dine with the king... the least he can do for finding his precious son... unharmed..." smirked Aynor with a glint of mischief in his eye as he stared at Merthyr.

Ambrose would stumble as she was nudged, walking alongside the rest of the group as they traveled. She sighed as she looked down at her shackles that gleamed in the moonlight. She would trudge forward as best she could, disgusted that they were gonna sell the prince back to his own father like property. She would shake her head in disgust and quietly hum an eerie melody to herself to pass the time, taking care that this was done under her breath so she wouldn't accidentally entertain the others. She would continue to do this as they walked, before eventually turning to Prince Merthyr.

"What is this kingdom of yours like..."
"As a slave it can be most unpleasant, as a visiting royalty it would be not too bad. As a bandit it would be dangerous if deadly roaming the lands with a death warrant against your name, as a law abiding citizen, it is a prosperous wealty country with plenty of opportunity to live well and make wealth" admitted Merthyr in full honesty

"Now tell me, what is this plan of yours that you are working on?" asked Merthyr concerned that she might be plotting harm against his father or knights
Lancelot saw Inai prepare for battle sword unsheathed and extended but the lad had held it much too low to be able to parry his attack effective or efficiently

With the quick speed, the thrust forward and the step forward he hoped to close the distance between them and secure the strike in a very well timed manner.

Lancelot hoped to get Inai wounded enough to stop fighting altogether but not serious enough as to be a permanent or life threatening injury, it should still render the boy unable to carry on with the fight or painfully impede him to fight well thus giving himself a serious advantage whilst shortening the duel
Those who travel acr (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Inai saw the blade coming and with an almost reckless abandon for his own life rushed forward, knowing full well that a deflection of his opponents blade would not be possible. So he simply didn't try.

Instead he aimed to put everything behind a counter-attack, one which would offset damage equally between the two. With this knowledge and that of the pure adrenaline coursing through his veins he almost didn't notice when his opponents blade sunk into his flesh. While Lancelot had aimed for a flesh wound it went much deeper into his left arm, bitting deeply into the flesh there.

Turning the other half of his body he brought his blade round and swung towards the knights armoured side with all his strength.
Lancelot cringed as his well aimed blow meant to do a small slice on the upper shoulder to scare the lad into backing off, ended up causing a major injury leaving Inai's arm unusuable altogether as this wreckless youth decided to come close and forward without making any effort to parry the blow at all. He had to admit to himself that the youth may have lacked the training in defence techniques but he was indeed brave if wreckless for not cowering against the incoming strike.

In all but a moment he noticed Inai's sword slash at him sideways, which was an unexpected move too, Lancelot having counted on a parry rather than a counter attack instead.
The blade skid over the armour plunging right into the upper arm and causing a wound of his own.

He kicked the lad backwards with his boot to create distance from the blade and give himself the chance to switch sides, now holding the sword with his left arm instead, given Lancelot was equally ambidexterous. He had hoped the push back would add distance and give each other sufficient time to prepare for the next strike

Ambrose would look towards Merthyr, her skin glowing in the moonlight as she trudged alongside of them, led by the band of slavers. Though she kept her head lowered to the ground, in a false sign of compliance while she walked, though maintaining her composure. She would keep her voice in a low whisper before moving to be closer to Prince Merthyr, speaking in hushed tones.

"I plan on stopping this war from within it's own walls..."

She says, going silent after. She wouldn't risk the others hearing, and Prince Merthyr's description made her worried to say the least, but she wouldn't let that scare her. At least, not until they reached the castle. She would continue walking alongside him, waiting for the inevitable moment she would be "sold" like property and cattle.

With eyes dripping in satisfaction Inai watched his blade bite into the knight's shoulder, drawing on another well of sickly crimson liquid to add that already drawn. The wound was nowhere near as deadly or destructive than the one inflicted on himself but that didn't really matter. He'd scored a hit.

This he realised was what he lived for, this sense of thrill and rush when it came to the fight. The life or death struggle of warriors locked in combat and for that, he thanked his opponent. Yet beyond that, there was no more thought given to the identity of whom he was fighting or anything else about him. It just simply didn't matter.

That same sense of elation was vanquished a moment later, as the boot which he'd never seen coming landed squarely on the front of his chest. Sending the younger fighter reeling backwards and unable to stay upright, taking only two steps before changing a whole 90 degrees in verticality.
Lancelot watched as the warrior smirked pleased with himself at the wound he had caused that forced the knight to switch arms altogether.

He frowned darkly, not at all liking to be seen as part of a mindless sport, clearly, the youth was not getting the message across that he should not be defying those of greater strength, skill, age or authority, at random. A lesson had to be taught that might inspire fear in his heart, at least a tinge of it.

The lad, who looked the worse for wear with an unusuable wounded arm, stumbled back at the push back that he received. Lancelot took the chance to keep the youth pressed against the ground, a foot held against the young warrior's chest, pointing the sword to the lad's chest and neck.

"You are disarmed and wounded.... do you surrender?" demanded Lancelot sharply in a stern voice, speaking slowly to get the message across that this was no jesting matter, sure the boy would be able to feel the sting of the sharp end pick him

Glendale and Haldor and Rufus had heard the clash of swords and came to check up on their camp, alarmed to see sir Lancelot holding a disarmed scallywag on the ground.

"Archers, ready!" shouted Glendale taking charge of the situation.

"How dare a knight assault a bandit, our brother-in-arms in our forest" scoffed Rufus watching Haldor unsheathe the sword.

"You're surrounded, knight, disarm and surrender or you will be like a wine skin pierced through by arrows spilling red juice" warned Rufus meaning business.

Lancelot quickly glanced around and sighed. He was in fact surrounded by armed thugs.
He took a deep breath and removed the footing off Inai's chest, tossing the sword aside and kneeling before the young warrior in surrender.

Glendale came over quickly offering Inai a hand
"Are you hurt, comrade?" asked Glendale concerned, extending a helping hand for support and assistance

"You need not worry, brother, we have your foe well subdued... you want to keep this one as your captive or slave? You can come with us and sell him at the city for good money, at the slave's market, if you tire of him..." noted Rufus as he placed the naked blade on Lancelot's neck, touching it

Lancelot frowned but kept silent knowing better than to cross Aynor and his band of thugs, remaining still until he was ordered to remove his armour, if it came to that, or until he was shackled or whatever fate these bandits had in store for him

Merthyr looked at Ambrose with an inquisitive eye brow

"How exactly do you intend this war from within? My father is not a man who listens to reason, he can be quite stubborn and set on his ways and decisions" assured Merthyr straining to keep up the pace with his shackled feet

The chains, from his feet clambered up to his neck, slided down to his wrists and over to her ankles so that if she tripped it would inevitably cause the royal's downfall too.

Ambrose would have looked back at Merthyr, but he was shackled behind her, his wrists bound to her ankles as her wrists were also bound to her ankles, as well as the silver sigil collar bound to her wrists. There was literally no room for escape. A precarious set up indeed. The two of them would be trudging slowly, with Ambrose leading the line of soon-to-be servants and Prince's being brought back home. She keeps her voice in a low whisper even still, as she glaces around with her eyes to the slavers, before speaking to Merthyr.

"I have a bond with my father, something we had set up before I left to wander the woods. Its an ancient tradition amongst us vampires, used in the old times of war. It hasn't been invoked in hundreds of years. I had hoped that it wouldn't come to it, and we would have only needed to set it up as a precautionary measure. Though with this collar around my neck, it's safe to assume your father is going to have his way with me, and I won't have any say in the matter. He will either use me as a display of power, make me into his pet, or turn me into a puppet. As I have grown to understand it, this collar makes us into puppets, our words and actions, possibly even our own thoughts and memories under the control of the one who places it on us. With that said, I won't be able to fight against them, meaning my father will have to come and do it in my stead when the time is right. That is all your getting out of me for now. I know you came to warn me, but you are also wearing the sigil collar, and should they learn that you know of my plan, they could order you to reveal it to them, which would ruin everything...my plan's must remain a secret given our circumstances....please try to understand..."

She says as she continues shuffling behind the slavers, Merthyr attached to the chains around her ankles and shuffling behind her. She would sigh and, having nothing better to do, would hum as they continued to walk and make their way to the kingdom.
Merthyr looked at Ambrose with a puzzled eye brow

"What is a Sigil and what do you mean that they control me?" frowned Merthyr unawares, not liking the sound of it at all.

He glanced at Taff and Gawain and the four of them were wearing a similar looking neckcuff that he assumed to be the standard one in the region these people came from, the thought of magic inbued collars not even crossing his mind.

He was indeed most alarmed at this unexpected revelation from Ambrose that made him all the more weary

Even when pushed to the floor, a blade at his throat Inai would do no such thing as surrender, for him the sense of pride in going down in a fight was far more important to him than to openly admit defeat. Yet in a twist of fate that he would both describe as despicable for robbing him of any chance for a comeback and lucky for saving him he never needed to. It was at this point his adrenaline decided to leave him, robbing him of the barrier between him and the pain felt by his left arm.

What started as a tiny niggle began to grow in volume and magnitude, becoming a beast the young fighter had never fought before. Faced with this unknown foe he went about dealing with it as he would any enemy, fighting it with no surrender. It almost won twice, but each time he was able to resist the urge to go under and fade into unconsciousness. It was after the second wave he came to the realisation he wouldn't survive the third and as such his mind went into overdrive. Searching for any way out, clearing itself one last time.

Through eyes which could hardly see he gazed in the direction from which he heard a voice he didn't understand. "My .... bag..... green potion .... please.... pour down thro....."

His voice failed him and he could do no more but fight his loosing battle.

Ambrose would raise an eyebrow, confused at the Prince. He surely was a mystery. Given that they were headed towards his father's kingdom, she was certain that he knew of this collar and its capabilities. She would continue leading the charge of prisoners, following behind the slavers as she had been doing, before speaking to him.

"This collar...It serves to put its wearer under its control....the one who places this collar on its victim can control their movements, their words, maybe even their thoughts/memories. I'm uncertain about that last part, but what I know for sure is that it can control their movements and words. It turns its wearer into a literal puppet, awaiting command from their master and unable to resist, their body and mind forced to obey the command..."

She says to Merthyr, hoping that her explanation would suffice in aiding his understanding of the collar. She looked up at the moon and sighed, knowing the sun would be coming up soon. If she were caught in the sunlight, it would mean holy hell on her, and her skin would start to smoke and smolder as it burned up under the sun's harsh rays. She could only hope they reached the kingdom before the sun came up.
Glendale the quick handed thief made quick work of the bag, finding the green vial and feeding the lad the potion.

"Carry your master scallywag" insisted Glendale taking the discarded weapons and bags and watching Lancelot gently lift and carry Inai, the head resting against his chest, protectively bringing the young man over to the rest of the group

"Well... spring to it... we have the others to catch up to" prompted Rufus impatient, making Lancelot not walk but quickly jog fast paced as if he were a hunting hound, carrying Inai in arms too for added tiredness and challenge, keeping the captive running until they caught up to Aynor and Robin, tripping with roots and almost thrown off balance by breathlessness and tiredness, his arms starting to feel aching at Inai's weight but managing not to drop the youth, falling to his knees instead and raising up to continue with the run

"Watch it now, drop your master, your head rolls" warned Haldor not about to be any more forgiving due to circumstances.

Once the group was reunited Glendale forced Lancelot to slow down, without allowing him to release Inai until the youth was awake and able to walk by himself.

Merthyr gawked at her explanation, struggling to tug the collar off his neck, the power of a crown prince was second to the king himself at times as high as his own father's command, it would be disasterous to have a thug like Aynor using Merthyr to get away with murder quite literally and the rest of it.

For more that he struggled and strained, the collar would not budge in the least. Then came the first rays of daylight to aggravate the situation for he knew of the harm this would bring to Ambrose.

He paused in time for Glendale, Haldor, Rufus, Lancelot and Inai to join them too, an inquisitive eye brow at Lancelot who ducked the head apologetically

"He challenged me to a duel your grace... there is little I could do on the matter..." muttered Lancelot as an explanation that could account for Inai's injuries, wincing at Merthyr's disgruntled grunt, knowing this most certainly meant further trouble for failing to protect the young warrior.

Merthyr dropped to his knees, head bowed lowly, his hand reaching for Arun-ja seeing the man was a sorcerer of sorts.

"Please... mercy... I need a dark cloak to conceal her before she runs into harm... I´ll pay whatever price and cost to protect her from the sun... anything... no hold backs..." grovelled Merthyr meekly.

Aynor rubbed his chin and looked Arun-ja

"Give her your cloak or summon one from your so called gods..." prompted Aynor wondering if the man was or not a magic wielder besides being a bard

Upon consumption of the green vial there would be no sound or movement from the young warrior. Nothing to even indicate that the man still lived. Inside however there was a soul which still burnt with the intensify of a roaring inferno, fighting back at the decaying flesh and winning.

Winning and changing, for slowly, almost imperceptibly at first the flesh around the destroyed left arm began to slough away. The arm looking less and less healthy every second until only slivers of gore splattered flesh and bones held it to the rest of the body. Even this however lasted but a second for with a loud crack a wooden spike shot outwards, consuming the shattered limb and taking it's form.

Within a minute the change was complete, now instead of an arm wounded beyond repair there was a fully formed wooden replacement. Inai willed and the arm obeyed, acting on his orders to move. The only thing differentiating it from a real limb was texture and a gentle crackle of wood. "Always wanted to see if this worked."

Ambrose would feel him struggling to take the collar off, and sighed heavily, knowing that his attempt would be futile. Though that would soon become the least of her worries, for the sun was starting to shine through the trees, and as the sun got higher, it's rays would intensify. The second one of the rays started shining down on her, she would let out a cry of pain as she looked down at her arm, only to see it slowly turning black and smoldering, black smoke coming from it. Then another ray would hit her. Then another. Soon the sun would be shining so highly and brightly overhead, it would reduce her onto her knees as curled into a failed attempt at the fetal position, still standing upright on her knees but hunched over as she kept her body close to her. Her skin would start turning black, and eventually it would start spreading, as her entire body began smoking. Though she would turn to Merthyr surprised that he would beg for her safety. She didn't know if he was doing this so they wouldn't be stuck there, or if he was doing it purely out of concern, but none the less, she stared at him in awe.

"Y-Your highness..."

She wouldn't get very far into her sentence before another ray of sunlight shone through the trees, causing her to cry out in pain even more. She wasn't typically one to beg, but if this continued on she would turn to ash before noon. She looked up between Aynor and Arun-ja, giving them both a pleading look as smoke emanated from her increasingly charred body.

"P-Please...j-just give me s-something to cover myself w-with...t-to keep the sun of m-me..."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus