Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

Lancelot watched as the warrior smirked pleased with himself at the wound he had caused that forced the knight to switch arms altogether.

He frowned darkly, not at all liking to be seen as part of a mindless sport, clearly, the youth was not getting the message across that he should not be defying those of greater strength, skill, age or authority, at random. A lesson had to be taught that might inspire fear in his heart, at least a tinge of it.

The lad, who looked the worse for wear with an unusuable wounded arm, stumbled back at the push back that he received. Lancelot took the chance to keep the youth pressed against the ground, a foot held against the young warrior's chest, pointing the sword to the lad's chest and neck.

"You are disarmed and wounded.... do you surrender?" demanded Lancelot sharply in a stern voice, speaking slowly to get the message across that this was no jesting matter, sure the boy would be able to feel the sting of the sharp end pick him

Glendale and Haldor and Rufus had heard the clash of swords and came to check up on their camp, alarmed to see sir Lancelot holding a disarmed scallywag on the ground.

"Archers, ready!" shouted Glendale taking charge of the situation.

"How dare a knight assault a bandit, our brother-in-arms in our forest" scoffed Rufus watching Haldor unsheathe the sword.

"You're surrounded, knight, disarm and surrender or you will be like a wine skin pierced through by arrows spilling red juice" warned Rufus meaning business.

Lancelot quickly glanced around and sighed. He was in fact surrounded by armed thugs.
He took a deep breath and removed the footing off Inai's chest, tossing the sword aside and kneeling before the young warrior in surrender.

Glendale came over quickly offering Inai a hand
"Are you hurt, comrade?" asked Glendale concerned, extending a helping hand for support and assistance

"You need not worry, brother, we have your foe well subdued... you want to keep this one as your captive or slave? You can come with us and sell him at the city for good money, at the slave's market, if you tire of him..." noted Rufus as he placed the naked blade on Lancelot's neck, touching it

Lancelot frowned but kept silent knowing better than to cross Aynor and his band of thugs, remaining still until he was ordered to remove his armour, if it came to that, or until he was shackled or whatever fate these bandits had in store for him

Merthyr looked at Ambrose with an inquisitive eye brow

"How exactly do you intend this war from within? My father is not a man who listens to reason, he can be quite stubborn and set on his ways and decisions" assured Merthyr straining to keep up the pace with his shackled feet

The chains, from his feet clambered up to his neck, slided down to his wrists and over to her ankles so that if she tripped it would inevitably cause the royal's downfall too.
Ambrose Acheron (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Ambrose would have looked back at Merthyr, but he was shackled behind her, his wrists bound to her ankles as her wrists were also bound to her ankles, as well as the silver sigil collar bound to her wrists. There was literally no room for escape. A precarious set up indeed. The two of them would be trudging slowly, with Ambrose leading the line of soon-to-be servants and Prince's being brought back home. She keeps her voice in a low whisper even still, as she glaces around with her eyes to the slavers, before speaking to Merthyr.

"I have a bond with my father, something we had set up before I left to wander the woods. Its an ancient tradition amongst us vampires, used in the old times of war. It hasn't been invoked in hundreds of years. I had hoped that it wouldn't come to it, and we would have only needed to set it up as a precautionary measure. Though with this collar around my neck, it's safe to assume your father is going to have his way with me, and I won't have any say in the matter. He will either use me as a display of power, make me into his pet, or turn me into a puppet. As I have grown to understand it, this collar makes us into puppets, our words and actions, possibly even our own thoughts and memories under the control of the one who places it on us. With that said, I won't be able to fight against them, meaning my father will have to come and do it in my stead when the time is right. That is all your getting out of me for now. I know you came to warn me, but you are also wearing the sigil collar, and should they learn that you know of my plan, they could order you to reveal it to them, which would ruin everything...my plan's must remain a secret given our circumstances....please try to understand..."

She says as she continues shuffling behind the slavers, Merthyr attached to the chains around her ankles and shuffling behind her. She would sigh and, having nothing better to do, would hum as they continued to walk and make their way to the kingdom.

((bump ^-^))
Merthyr looked at Ambrose with a puzzled eye brow

"What is a Sigil and what do you mean that they control me?" frowned Merthyr unawares, not liking the sound of it at all.

He glanced at Taff and Gawain and the four of them were wearing a similar looking neckcuff that he assumed to be the standard one in the region these people came from, the thought of magic inbued collars not even crossing his mind.

He was indeed most alarmed at this unexpected revelation from Ambrose that made him all the more weary
Those who travel acr (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Even when pushed to the floor, a blade at his throat Inai would do no such thing as surrender, for him the sense of pride in going down in a fight was far more important to him than to openly admit defeat. Yet in a twist of fate that he would both describe as despicable for robbing him of any chance for a comeback and lucky for saving him he never needed to. It was at this point his adrenaline decided to leave him, robbing him of the barrier between him and the pain felt by his left arm.

What started as a tiny niggle began to grow in volume and magnitude, becoming a beast the young fighter had never fought before. Faced with this unknown foe he went about dealing with it as he would any enemy, fighting it with no surrender. It almost won twice, but each time he was able to resist the urge to go under and fade into unconsciousness. It was after the second wave he came to the realisation he wouldn't survive the third and as such his mind went into overdrive. Searching for any way out, clearing itself one last time.

Through eyes which could hardly see he gazed in the direction from which he heard a voice he didn't understand. "My .... bag..... green potion .... please.... pour down thro....."

His voice failed him and he could do no more but fight his loosing battle.

Ambrose would raise an eyebrow, confused at the Prince. He surely was a mystery. Given that they were headed towards his father's kingdom, she was certain that he knew of this collar and its capabilities. She would continue leading the charge of prisoners, following behind the slavers as she had been doing, before speaking to him.

"This collar...It serves to put its wearer under its control....the one who places this collar on its victim can control their movements, their words, maybe even their thoughts/memories. I'm uncertain about that last part, but what I know for sure is that it can control their movements and words. It turns its wearer into a literal puppet, awaiting command from their master and unable to resist, their body and mind forced to obey the command..."

She says to Merthyr, hoping that her explanation would suffice in aiding his understanding of the collar. She looked up at the moon and sighed, knowing the sun would be coming up soon. If she were caught in the sunlight, it would mean holy hell on her, and her skin would start to smoke and smolder as it burned up under the sun's harsh rays. She could only hope they reached the kingdom before the sun came up.
Glendale the quick handed thief made quick work of the bag, finding the green vial and feeding the lad the potion.

"Carry your master scallywag" insisted Glendale taking the discarded weapons and bags and watching Lancelot gently lift and carry Inai, the head resting against his chest, protectively bringing the young man over to the rest of the group

"Well... spring to it... we have the others to catch up to" prompted Rufus impatient, making Lancelot not walk but quickly jog fast paced as if he were a hunting hound, carrying Inai in arms too for added tiredness and challenge, keeping the captive running until they caught up to Aynor and Robin, tripping with roots and almost thrown off balance by breathlessness and tiredness, his arms starting to feel aching at Inai's weight but managing not to drop the youth, falling to his knees instead and raising up to continue with the run

"Watch it now, drop your master, your head rolls" warned Haldor not about to be any more forgiving due to circumstances.

Once the group was reunited Glendale forced Lancelot to slow down, without allowing him to release Inai until the youth was awake and able to walk by himself.

Merthyr gawked at her explanation, struggling to tug the collar off his neck, the power of a crown prince was second to the king himself at times as high as his own father's command, it would be disasterous to have a thug like Aynor using Merthyr to get away with murder quite literally and the rest of it.

For more that he struggled and strained, the collar would not budge in the least. Then came the first rays of daylight to aggravate the situation for he knew of the harm this would bring to Ambrose.

He paused in time for Glendale, Haldor, Rufus, Lancelot and Inai to join them too, an inquisitive eye brow at Lancelot who ducked the head apologetically

"He challenged me to a duel your grace... there is little I could do on the matter..." muttered Lancelot as an explanation that could account for Inai's injuries, wincing at Merthyr's disgruntled grunt, knowing this most certainly meant further trouble for failing to protect the young warrior.

Merthyr dropped to his knees, head bowed lowly, his hand reaching for Arun-ja seeing the man was a sorcerer of sorts.

"Please... mercy... I need a dark cloak to conceal her before she runs into harm... I´ll pay whatever price and cost to protect her from the sun... anything... no hold backs..." grovelled Merthyr meekly.

Aynor rubbed his chin and looked Arun-ja

"Give her your cloak or summon one from your so called gods..." prompted Aynor wondering if the man was or not a magic wielder besides being a bard

Upon consumption of the green vial there would be no sound or movement from the young warrior. Nothing to even indicate that the man still lived. Inside however there was a soul which still burnt with the intensify of a roaring inferno, fighting back at the decaying flesh and winning.

Winning and changing, for slowly, almost imperceptibly at first the flesh around the destroyed left arm began to slough away. The arm looking less and less healthy every second until only slivers of gore splattered flesh and bones held it to the rest of the body. Even this however lasted but a second for with a loud crack a wooden spike shot outwards, consuming the shattered limb and taking it's form.

Within a minute the change was complete, now instead of an arm wounded beyond repair there was a fully formed wooden replacement. Inai willed and the arm obeyed, acting on his orders to move. The only thing differentiating it from a real limb was texture and a gentle crackle of wood. "Always wanted to see if this worked."

Ambrose would feel him struggling to take the collar off, and sighed heavily, knowing that his attempt would be futile. Though that would soon become the least of her worries, for the sun was starting to shine through the trees, and as the sun got higher, it's rays would intensify. The second one of the rays started shining down on her, she would let out a cry of pain as she looked down at her arm, only to see it slowly turning black and smoldering, black smoke coming from it. Then another ray would hit her. Then another. Soon the sun would be shining so highly and brightly overhead, it would reduce her onto her knees as curled into a failed attempt at the fetal position, still standing upright on her knees but hunched over as she kept her body close to her. Her skin would start turning black, and eventually it would start spreading, as her entire body began smoking. Though she would turn to Merthyr surprised that he would beg for her safety. She didn't know if he was doing this so they wouldn't be stuck there, or if he was doing it purely out of concern, but none the less, she stared at him in awe.

"Y-Your highness..."

She wouldn't get very far into her sentence before another ray of sunlight shone through the trees, causing her to cry out in pain even more. She wasn't typically one to beg, but if this continued on she would turn to ash before noon. She looked up between Aynor and Arun-ja, giving them both a pleading look as smoke emanated from her increasingly charred body.

"P-Please...j-just give me s-something to cover myself w-with...t-to keep the sun of m-me..."
Ricky (played by EeveeMaster)

((Uh, did anyone see my question at the bottom of page 5?))

((sorry, i must have forgotten about it. i dont really mind if you join..))
Aynor smirked seeing Merthyr grow all the more anxious and restless about the girl's hisses and smoke
Finally the prince had developed a weak point after all, by the looks of it.
Aynor nodded at Lancelot who was offering Ambrose his knightly hooded cloak that would surely keep away almost all sun from her

The was indeed getting hotter and more brighter as dawn turned to morning.
They were tired indeed but made to press forward by the captors who cared not in the least about slaves' exhaustion and tiredness, they had a sale to secure and fortune was knocking on the door awaiting them by the arms' full

Ambrose would look up to Lancelot, seeing that he was offering her the pitch black cloak. She nodded her appreciations, before taking it and trying to work it over herself, struggling against the chains to get it wrapped around her properly. After she finally got it on, she would start to heal almost instantly. The smoke would slowly disappear, and after some time her skin would go back to it's former glory. The white glow would come back to her skin and it would totally repair itself. She pulled the hood over her head, which would only help her even more as she would speak to Lancelot through labored breaths.

"Thank you..."

She says to him gratefully. After catching her breath, she stands up, waiting for the others to stand up, ready to continue their journey towards the kingdom.
Lancelot nodded at Ambrose with a respectful nod and turned to look at Inai surprised at his unusual wooden arm but not about to address his captor and master unless directly questioned or spoken to.

Merthyr sighed in relief to see her in better shape
"Thank you Lancelot, you have perhaps, you managed to save your position after all, with your quick thinking" muttered Merthyr turning to look at her

"Are you alright? will it be enough?" asked Merthyr in a low voice of concern, causing Aynor to chuckle.

"A slave at Conrad's grasp? Of course she won't be alright... but that's for you to argue with your father... if you survive his wrath" muttered Aynor with a sly smile

"I will be sure to report your closeness to the girl, to increase her value for sure" taunted Aynor causing Merthyr to close his eyes tightly and cringe

Ambrose would cringe as well, but at Aynor's comments about her not being ok in Conrad's grasp. Not to mention the fact they planned on revealing his fondness for her, which was sure to not only increase her value but potentially bring her more harm. She doubted his father would take out his frustrations on his own son. He cared to much for him to do that. Which only meant he would be taking out his frustrations on her. She closed her eyes and pulled the cape around her shoulders, letting it drape the front of her before nodding in response to Prince Merthyr's question.

"Normally I would walk around with a giant sun hat or an umbrella, but this will have to do for now...The sooner you can get me inside the better..."

She says, growing increasingly more tired. She was a creature of the night, and wasn't used to staying up during the day. To say the least, she was growing exhausted, but her captors wouldn't care. They would continue pressing them forward despite the exhaustion to secure the sale that was waiting them beyond the kingdom's borders.

((bump))

Feeling revitalised with a new arm and its power coursing through his veins, Inai began to actually take a proper look at the scene which surrounded him. The chained slaves, the taunting captors, then a quick look down at himself to take stock of his own situation. The new arm was an interesting sight, but not one which captivated his attention. What did, in fact, capture his attention was the gaping hole in his clothing.

Pursing his lips, the young warrior turned his gaze elsewhere, looking for something else to focus his mind on. The captives held his interest for a mere five seconds, he had no idea who they were and he didn't really care. It wasn't his business to know, particularly as the conversations pointed in the direction of slavers and politics.

He held no love for slavers with his opinion of them somewhere between disgust and contempt. In any normal circumstance, he would have rushed the nearest one, going in for the kill without a second thought. Yet having heard enough to know that these prisoners were political in nature he turned his back on them. Politics being the one thing he had vowed to never get involved with.

With nothing else to do, he chose to hang around the group for as long as he wished to, feeling happy in the choice that this way he wasn't tied to any obligation.
Merthyr stopped, causing the travel to halt yet again.

"The damsel is growing weary and tired, I demand a steed for the lady." frowned Merthyr

"Ahhh the crown prince of the realm sees it fit to issue demands among us outlaws... what say you comrade.. shall we take heed of the royal fool?" asked Glendale looking at Inai, letting the youngest among them make decision for all of the slaves and prisoners just to add insult to injury.

"If you lack clothing, you can have your slave's attire, Sir Lancelot here is a knight of the realm, I am sure his knightly robes will look much better on you though. I have slaves rags for the likes of him" mused Glendale seeing Inai's wrecked shirt.

Ambrose nearly tumbled forward as Merthyr stopped, stopping the entire party in their tracks. She was grateful for the rest, and used this moment to adjust the hood on her head further to hide her face, but would turn around to face Merthyr, a look of surprise on her face. The two of them hardly knew one another, and she would be genuinely surprised at the fact he was trying to look out for her like he was.

"Merthyr..."

She says to him, before turning to Inai and Glendale, scowling at the two of them. Despite the harsh daylight, her eyes could be seen glowing underneath the darkness of the hood, and she would have folded her arms if she could. But she merely flashed her fangs at them, scowling at the two of them before looking back at Merthyr.

"Thank you for looking out for me, but I will be fine. Surely your father must care for you...worst thing they could do right now is force your knight to give the honor less knight with the wooden arm his clothing, and force him to wear my dress while putting me in a slaves attire..."

She said, emphasizing that Inai held no honor in her eyes for standing idly by and letting these things happen to them. She would have no respect for him, and she would see him as an enemy in her eyes, should he encounter her in the future. She would drain him of all his blood if she could, but her morals and their situation would forbid it. Though she would remember his face, and he had better hope that they wouldn't encounter one another in the future.

Inai turned as he suddenly felt himself getting brought into the conflict between slavers and slaves. The actual initial question given to him was one he missed, yet he was able to pick up the general idea from context clues given among the ensuing sentences. "Whatever you do to him is of no concern to me, he's not my slaves and he's not my problem. My problem is finding a place that does clothes exactly like I want them."

With all this attention being brought to his clothing, the most attentive of the group would be able to see that underneath its ragged appearance lay a style that was clearly not one which was common or even sold in that land. Coming instead from somewhere far beyond the borders.

It was Ambrose's words that struck home however and the warrior turned to her with fire in his eyes. The words honourless and knight striking in his head and clashing with what he held dear. "Would it pain you dear lady to take a proper look and see I am no knight? Knights pledge their allegiance to some random figure, then get sent off to war and dies, just in time for the next poor sod to take their place. All for what? Some figure whose life they have given theirs up for can point to an even larger part of a map and say "THIS PART IS MINE"

He paused before looking down at his now wooden arm. "You know when I was little I read stories of these heroic knights, filled with honour... killing each other in the name of whatever self-important lord that decided such. Bet those that died felt really good they had a story written after them when they lay there rotting in a grave. Even then how many thousands of them or even the basic footsoldiers never got their own story eh? So if it takes being honourless to avoid being a part of that senseless waste of life then so be it. I refuse to be dragged into whatever stupid game of politics your playing and made a slave to it."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus