Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Behind Stone Walls..

Simon Haydn (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Simon listened to the announcement and had to mentally hold back from holding his head in his hands with the naivety of it. He had postponed the feast and actual choice while at the same time showing a favorite. While he hoped and indeed believed that this move wasn't intentional he had to make sure, "Son, I'm going to ask you to quickly retract that as soon as possible. While postponing is fine, showing a favorite while doing so is really quite bad. It will make the other ladies and as a result, their parents who control the other kingdoms far worse disposed to us."

He thought for a few seconds, before giving his son an out. "If you quickly do personal announcements for each of the main kingdoms that would sort it out."

Having given this solution he would wait to see if Merthyr would take it or not, which in turn would reveal if this person was really his favorite or not. Any further reaction he had would be based on that knowledge, for if she was then he would have to bring her for a personal chat to see for himself if she would do.

While this was going on two other things were happening: Firstly Max in the outside corridors was positioning royal guards outside of every room in which the guests were to be staying. Their full armor only changing from regular sets y an easily exposed face place, which if needed could be removed within seconds to reveal the identity of the person within.

The heightened security was not unexpected for so many high ranking guests being crowded into the palace at once. Yet it would make moving about the place almost impossible to do without being immediately spotted by a guard.

Sariel, on the other hand, turned to face the guards before signaling them to leave the room and follow him into an outside corridor, where accompanied by Ellesa he would demand an explanation.
"Your grace I was merely concerned for young lady Elesa, whilst she is clearly too young for marriage, children often get tired sooner, get scared in the dark and tend to wander away into trouble when bored. Now, I was aware the young noble damsel and her elder sister Lilim wished to talk but alas I rather not delay their sleep and rest. There were no personal feelings attached to the comment.

"Still... I shall do as you suggest and personally approach each kingdom's fair damsels to bid them good night properly and equally so as to appease them but I must confess to you I have every intention to marry and declare my love for your slave Voletta.

Voletta and I have encountered each other quite a few times, I have been observing her for longer and she is everything I could ever want in a woman, a mother, a wife and a queen. She reminds me so much of my own mother, almost a spitting image too. But, let us not trouble ourselves with this, you and I can discuss this further in greater detail whilst we spend more time relaxing together as per your invitation to join you. First we must speak of that which you referred to earlier... marriage talks can wait to later" smiled Merthyr leaning close to Simon to let him know of his honest feelings and intentions, standing up and bowing before the king as he came to the main doors to bid each damsel and their chaperones good night and best wishes whilst his father brewed on Merthyr's already made decision on the marriage aspect.
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

It was good the Hanged man didn't have a drink--he would have done the spittake to end all spittakes when he overheard just one snippet from the prince. As it was, it was enough to make him falter in mid step, though he managed to keep himself from staring at Merthyr and Simon. Shaking himself, Crow hurried along. That certainly complicated things. Quite a bit.

All of the ladies filed out of the ballroom and towards the guest wing, where they had their heavily guarded accomodations. As they found Lilim's assigned chambers, Crow let the girls in first, eyeing the guardswoman posted up outside the door. He saluted her, then followed the girls in.

He wasn't sure how well the guardswoman would be able to hear them, so he didn't initiate any conversation, and moved slowly through the rooms to see if it was truly empty.

The two guards, once outside in the corridor, told their story. The generals might recognize them--the younger one was a heavyset blond by the name of Gerrald, while the elder was a beanpole of a fellow called Sweeney. Gerrald mostly listened while Sweeney explained. "We took the slave girl to her cell, as normal. We posted up, then ... I don't remember. I might have seen a girl ... next I know, Ger and I wake up in the Crow's quarters surrounded in booze." Sweeney spat on the ground, then, remembering the company he kept, quickly scuffed it out with his boot. "But we haven't had a sip of the creature, I swear!"

((This post is terrible but I'm 110% braindead sorry and literal flling asleep! Also, if Crow wouldn't ve able to overhear Merthyr, please feel free to disregard that part!))
Once Merthyr had rectified the misshap and personally offered excuses and well wishes to each of the honorable households, the damsels and the chaperones, which took some time in its own right given the sheer number of girls involved, he finally returned back to Simon keen and eager to spend time with his father to talk about the mistery Simon had earlier referred to and to talk about his girl

"Your grace, all the damsels were very sympathetic, properly excused and amends made to show no preference for any yet courtesy to all, with the utmost diligence" assured Merthyr

"Now then... are we going to talk about what you referred to earlier? I am curious to know..." admitted Merthyr with an honest smile "Once we have the important matters discussed we can then focus on the less important matters of mine, like this girl I happen to like and all the things I have learned about her... but that is not as important as whatever you wanted to share with me in the first place" assued Merthyr happy to leave the personal stuff to focus on the king's stuff instead.
Lilim (played anonymously)

Lilim would enter the room with Voletta, Elesa, and Crow close behind her. Once the door was closed, Lilim would sigh and whisper, "Well... That was unexpected... But now I do need to explain. Elesa? Please seal the room." she whispers calmly so the guards outside wouldn't overhear.

Elesa would nod and bring out a pair of her charms, "Seal of Ground... Mineral lock..." she whispers as she manipulates the door to be thoroughly secured shut with no way to get it open without thoroughly busting it down. Next was for the whole room, "Seal of Sound... Barrier of Silence..." she whispers again as she then ericts a barrier within the walls of the room that prevented sounds from within from leaving. The combination of these enchantments would see to it that the 4 of them had complete privacy.

Elesa would test the bubble and find it sealed tight as a drum, with no one on the outside the wiser, giving Lilim a nod. Lilim would sigh and speak as normal, "Ok... Now I can explain everything. But Sir Crow?... Please be aware that what I'm about to tell you is to remain our little secret. If you tell anyone else in the castle, I'll be forced to take action against you... You understand this I hope?..." she says calmly, hoping that she was clear.

Shaking her head, "Please dont get me wrong... I've grown very fond of you just as Elesa has, so I will not be doing you harm if you stand as an ally to Voletta, as that is what I aim to remain." She adds in quickly, just to make sure The Hanged Man had no reason to suspect that Lilim had any intent on doing Voletta or him any kind of harm.

Once the spells had been cast, the Hanged Man stormed over to the door and hammered on it with his fist. "Help! The duchess is being ab-abducted!" He waited for a moment, then: "And y-your mother's a pox-ridden stargazer!" Only when he was satisfied that the guards outside couldn't hear did he turn and round on Lilim. His eyes were untrusting, and he sneered when she said she'd grown fond of them.

"You needn't patronize us, my lady. We have known you for l-less than a day, so f-forgive my skepticism that you are 'fond' of us."

His lips thinned. The highborn interests were all at war with one another and Voletta was caught up in the middle with no voice of her own. They'd tear her to shreds. Lilim, Merthyr, and Simon all wanted to keep her for their own, though for different reasons, and Lilim's was the only one that Crow didn't understand. He lowered his voice on the off chance that the guards did hear, but were choosing to keep their silence. "You say you want to take Voletta. What is to become of her? Will she be your pampered pet? And ..."

Crow looked away. He had the demeanor of a cornered animal, pushed to the point of lashing out. He stepped over towards Voletta and stood protectively towards between her and Lilim.

"... and do you truly wish to start a war?"
Voletta Lorelia (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Voletta would watch as Elesa cast two spells on the room: One to seal it and one to make it soundproof. She would do a test of her own, letting out a high pitched, shrill scream to see if guards came running. When nobody came she would sigh in relief and rub her eyes, staring at Lilim as she explained she was fond of them, as well as their ally. Though she also watched Lilim threaten to take action against The Hanged Man if he stood in their way. She would stare between the three of them, pulling her knees to her chest as she watched them talk. She wanted to be free, but the three of them would use her for different reasons, even if she was unaware of Merthyr's future intentions to propose to her.

However, there was one thing she also wanted an answer to. She wanted to know what would happen to her once she was gone. To phrase it as The Hanged Man did, she wondered if she would be treated like an actual person, but the The Hanged Man said something that would grab her attention as he moved to stand between her and Lilim. Why would he say that taking Voletta away from here would start a war? As far as she knew, Voletta was just the king's favorite play thing. His favorite slave. She was used and abused, and she surely wouldn't be missed. So for The Hanged Man to say that Voletta's absence would start a war, thoroughly confuse her. She would look at The Hanged Man with a look of confusion and worry on her face.

"Crow...Why would me leaving start a war? I'm a nobody...I wouldn't be missed...besides, I want to leave and have my freedom...I've never been outside the castle walls. I want to feel the sun on my skin and run around in the grass and pick flowers and live the life I never got to...Are you really going to stop that from happening..."

Elesa would flinch as Crow snapped at Lilim, backing away and bringing herself to rest in a corner of the room. She'd start shivering as The Hanged Man seemed to lose all trust in them now that he could speak freely, and after a few moments, Elesa would huddle into a fetal position and start to cry.

Lilim would sigh calmly to The Hanged Man's words and take to her usual hover now that they were alone, approaching Elesa and picking her up to hug against her, using her Trans magic to change their outfits back to normal again, "Sir Crow... I fully understand your concerns, but allow me to explain..." she says calmly, moving to the table and chairs in the room to take a seat since she wasn't currently allowed to sit on the bed with Voletta.

After a moment of situating herself and Elesa in her lap, Lilim would show off her creamy flesh colored tail and continue speaking, "I have no intention on treating Voletta as any kind of pet. I want to free her from her life of enslavement and offer her a place with Elesa and myself... As a traveler. I myself am no longer associated with the kingdom of Biblia, nor do I call myself a princess from that kingdom anymore. I am no longer Princess Lilim Nebula Lilithia, daughter of the Immortal Goddess, Queen Lilith of Biblia... I am simply... Lilim, a traveling Succubus. And Elesa here is not my Duchess at all. She is a former slave from the kingdom of Vampira, where the now former Lord Shadow resides. A little over a year ago, I rescued Elesa from that place. And we've been traveling together ever since, and as you can see, I've done my absolute best to take care of Elesa, and to raise her the best I can. That is what I want to do for Voletta, Sir Crow... I want to give her the freedom she deserves and personally see to her needs and to help her grow as a person. I wish to treat her as an equal, and to give her the chance to outright say 'no' to things that are demanded of her." she says before pausing briefly, moving Elesa into the seat in her place as she gets up and takes to her hover again.

Turning to face The Hanged Man again, "And if giving her this freedom means I will be putting her into harms way, then I will protect her and I will prove that right now. Come at me, Sir Knight. Draw your sword and cut me down where I stand. Plant your blade in my shoulder and stain the room with my blood. I will demonstrate to you here and now that I do have power enough to protect Voletta as I have protected Elesa all this time. Strike me, Sir Crow... And bare witness to the power that is my natural magical armor." Lilim says confidently, opening her arms to allow Crow to strike her as she requested.

The Hanged Man's stony face weakened when Lilim declared that she was estranged from her kingdom. "I-I ..." He looked broken. When she announced her royalty in the dungeon, he had been angry at her deception, but had come around to it--it certainly had its uses, as was indicated by the stunts she'd pulled at the banquet. But now he realized that the reveal had been to manipulate him when he had posed his worries about the unconscious guards.

Horror suddenly electrified him and he began to pace, limping back and forth along the side of the bed and swearing softly. "B-bones ... bones and ashes, bones and bloody ashes ..." Simon was a cunning and calculating king--he wouldn't let just anyone into his castle. Any minute now some scribe would realize that there was no princess of Biblia set to attend their banquet, that this woman was some stranger, some impostor ... and they knew exactly where she was. The room had no windows, for safety, the only door was guarded ... the knight pulled off his gauntlet to expose his mangled hand and ran it through his hair as he paced.

qFjKGcr.png

Voletta's softly-spoken question made him pause, and he looked down at her with pain in his eyes. He was clearly stalling, nibbling his lip and wringing his hands. "V-Voletta, I ... you ... th-there is more to this than you know, I ... I know you desire f-freedom, but ..." He grasped her hand in his shaking, scarred one and rubbed the back of it with his thumb.

Crow paused when Lilim invited him to attack. He squinted at her incredulously, as if she had just denied that his blood was red. "What ... are ..." It took him a moment to formulate a response. "... do you jest, my la--mistress? Truly, in this dire hour?" He shook his head at her then turned back around to face Voletta, but he still spoke to the woman with the tail. "Y-you are about to be killed, Lilim, or imprisoned," he said, "and possibly us along with you. So for your sake, and Elesa's ... just do whatever it is you plan. Surely I cannot stop you." His hand fell limp, releasing Voletta's. "A-and Voletta ... you may do as you wish. I-I will cover your escape."

She would look to Lilim and watched with surprise as she offered for Crow to have a swing at her. He was to honorable for that, and if she knew him at all, she knew he would take offense to it...Though what Crow would do left her wondering and shocked. She stared up at him as he struggled to find the proper words, taking her hand in his, she would glance down to his scarred hand as he stroked his thumb over her hand. She would begin tearing up, wiping the tears with her free hand as she stared at him curiously.

"W....What do you mean there's more to this than I know....what....."

She says, stopping mid sentence as she stared at him, more tears filling in her eyes as she finally realized. She realized why The Hanged Man was the one who always stayed by her side, never let her out of his sight. And at his words that suggested at first that he was going to stop her from leaving, she would retract her hands out from his and just stare at him, her expression blank.

"There's a reason.....Isn't there....a reason that he keeps me so closely guarded and treats me horribly....and you know what it is...p-please....just tell me what it is...what do you know....what have you been hiding from me...."

She says, before looking at Lilim from where she stood. She knew that The Hanged Man would react this way, but what she didn't expect was what he would say next. Her eyes widened in shock as she stared at him. He was going to cover their escape, but something about this didn't sit well with her. Surely he would be dead or worse if she left, and she knew it. There was no way around it. He was supposed to watch her all hours of the day, so if she disappeared, they would know that he helped her escape. She shook her head and stood up, hugging him as tightly as she could as she cried into his breastplate.

"You have to come with us...you'll be killed if I go without you...Crow, your my best friend, and I can't leave without you....I won't leave without you knowing what will happen to you if I do....If you won't come then I'm staying to....we both deserve our freedom, don't you think??"

Lilim nods and slowly hovers closer to them both, "My thoughts exactly. Now, there's only one thing that could possibly stop us. And that's one of my dire weaknesses... The sun. I have no idea how much time is left in the night, but if we're going to go, we have to go while it's dark or I'll be out of commission... I cannot use my magic while I'm asleep, so while we've got the chance, we have to get somewhere safe before the sun comes up. Voletta, you're already in dire need of rest, and Elesa will have to sleep soon as well, and I have reasonable doubt that Sir Crow can carry all three of us. But I cannot help either of you at all unless you trust me... And Elesa too. Do you think you can?" Lilim asks as she holds out her hands slowly for Voletta and The Hanged Man to take.

Elesa would crawl out of the seat and look on while holding her breath, hoping that they'd both say yes and take Lilim's hands. The child held high hopes that the ones she saw as new friends would be willing to come with her and her adopted Big Sis and discover the freedom they deserved.

The Hanged Man flinched as Voletta gazed up at him dolefully, her eyes bleary and pained. "Voletta ..." He wasn't sure what to say. There were two truths unspoken, and they burned his tongue. "... you are important ... my lady," he finally said. "And now it's time to go."

He looked back at Lilim. Her plan seemed to be unraveling in front of them. It was probably around midnight, perhaps just after, which gave them around five hours to make their escape and get far enough away. There was no time to waste. He did not take her hand.

Voletta then flung herself at him, clinging to the unyielding steel of his breastplate. He placed his hands, one gauntleted and one not, upon her shoulderblades. "It's time to go, do you understand?" he repeated, voice very soft, before looking up to Lilim.

"T-tell me how you plan on escaping the castle grounds," he said to the succubus. "I will do what I can t-to ensure your success."

Voletta would feel his firm hands on her shoulder blades, and she would look up at him before wiping her eyes once more. He said she was important, and yet she had no idea how, or just how important she actually was. She looked to Lilim who was holding her hands out to them, and she would slowly take The Hanged Man's unarmored hand and placed it into Lilim's palm, giving him the look he knew all to well. It was the look that said she was going to have it her way or now way at all. Though he was set on helping them escape, but she didn't want to leave her best friend behind. The point of her placing his hand in Lilim's was to show him that he was going with them, whether he wanted it or not. Because she wasn't going to let him die by the feet of the king at her expense.

She would then place her own hand in Lilim's, but also thought back to what The Hanged Man had said. He would refer to her as "My Lady", and she hadn't heard him refer to anybody else like that other than royalty. Though she would try not to jump to conclusions, as her imagination ran rampant as it yearned for sleep. Though now wasn't the time. No. Now was the time for the four of them to escape. She would look at The Hanged Man sternly, taking his free hand in her own and gripping it tightly.

"Our success...If you think I'm leaving without you, then you are sorely mistaken..."

She says before looking at Lilim.

"What do we have to do..??"

Lilim smiled softly before looking to Voletta, "Grab the sheets off the bed. Where we're going, there's not gonna be any soft bedding for a while. Plus, I want to spoil you guys a little with the materials. When you're ready... Stand close together, take a deep breath, and close your eyes. And try to be silent again, Elesa's barricades are about to be let down. Elesa, please send me some Light and Psychic energies." Lilim says quickly.

Elesa would let out her breath and jumps excitedly as Voletta and Crow accepted Lilim's offer. Elesa would nod and gave the sound barrier one last dose of energy, then she acted to replace her charms and grab the ones Lilim asked of her.

Only when Voletta got the sheets gathered up and they seemed ready did Elesa chant into her seals and activate them, "Seal of Light... Seal of the Mind..." she whispers as she aims the charms at Lilim, sending the energies to her as she scooted closer to Voletta and Crow and did as Lilim instructed, taking a breath and holding it and shutting her eyes.

Lilim would make sure they were all ready before activating her spell, "By the combined energies of Light and Telekinesis... I envoke the spell of freedom... Evac..." Lilim chants quietly. As of the last word, Voletta and The Hanged Man would find themselves engulfed in a golden light, and when the light faded they'd find themselves standing just outside the palace gates where they had first met Elesa and found Lilim sound asleep in the covered wagon.

Elesa would giggle as she releases her breath and replaces her charms on her belt, "Heeheehee, I love doing that." the child whispers with a series of excited bounces, looking back to see the donkey and covered cart still waiting for them, "Alphys?... Wh-what are you still doing here?" Elesa asks curiously to the donkey, speaking to it as though it too was a friend.

((After this I think it's time to wait for Merthyr and Simon, who had plans for the guards I think? I'm trying to leave this post open for them to pick up, and I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes. <_<))

The Hanged Man's hand was forced into Lilim's, and he smiled down at it sadly. "I am t-trusting you," he told the succubus. He had none of his usual fluster, and there was a certain finality to his demeanor that Voletta would not recognize as normal.

As Lilim drew on her magic, so too did Crow, a faint tingle to prepare him for what was to come. The other three would feel the faintest press against their minds, the tingling sensation of being watched. Lilim spoke her words of power, but just as she uttered the final one, the knight twisted both of his hands free and stepped backwards out of the circle. His timing was impeccable. "Take care of her ..." His words warped and twisted in their ears as the spell finalized, sending them to the gates without him. Hopefully Lilim would do the sensible thing and take Voletta somewhere safe before the sun could rise.

It seemed so deathly quiet in the room after they left. Crow had the impression of where they had gone, and it made him curse softly. Maybe that was the only option--he didn't know how Lilim's magic worked. Muttering a swear, he focused on the ruse he was trying to spin. He jammed his armored thumb into the eternally half-healed scar under his eye, flinching as he broke the weak skin and made it bleed anew. He smeared it across his face, hopefully giving him the appearance of having been in a scrap. Then he flung open the doors and strode out into the hall, summoning all of his resolve to exude an aura of command. "They have gone!" he thundered. "They are headed out by way of the underground passage! Quickly, t-to the dungeons! All of you!"

Now that it was night, those front gates were heavily guarded, especially after Simon's orders. The sudden appearance of three girls caused quite a stir within the gatehouse, and the shouts of the men-at-arms began filling the night. Armored footfalls clattered down the gatehouse steps as they hastened to pursue the girls, though hopefully Crow's interference would cause enough chaos within the castle that reinforcements would be slow to arrive ... hopefully.
[Playing Simon - on behalf of TheKaleidoscope]

Simon had sent the generals away in order to disclose to his son, in the utmost secrecy, the issue at hand, the fact that Voletta was indeed his daughter and thus unsuited to marry Merthyr due to family ties.

No sooner the servants and generals had left the king alone with the prince, Simon motioned Merthyr forward and invited Merthyr to take a seat besides him, where the pair of them could speak to one another in privacy and confidence. Simon had a difficult task at hand and would approach it with the greatest of cares and thoughtfulness.

"Look, son, you cannot marry a slave, if you insist upon Voletta I will have to disown you altogether and find a better suited heir." warned Simon sternly "As you already know very well, our laws and customs do not permit royalty to marry commoners, so you must look to choose a high born damsel. Besides, in this particular case, there is a deeper issue at hand..." trailed off Simon cautiously exposing as many reasons as he could muster to make Merthyr understand he had to forfeit the girl.

It was at this point, mid conversation, that The Hanged Man's commanded orders came through the doors, the knight sounding clearly altered and barking loudly with an aura of command. "They have gone!" The Hanged Man thundered. "They are headed out by way of the underground passage! Quickly, t-to the dungeons! All of you!"

At such words, Merthyr immediately jumped to his feet to offer all assistance he could give. If there was trouble at the castle, it was the crown prince's duty to see that it was successfully resolved.

"Sire, I must go right away and ensure all is well... one can never take too many precautions where your safety is concerned, father" informed Merthyr in a sober and solemn if hasty voice "With your leave, I must go to assist the knights. I shall return shortly, that we may continue our talk" excused Merthyr rising to his feet quickly

Merthyr bowed before the king, leaving Simon sitting alone in the now empty dinning hall, the eventful situation allowing Merthyr to withdraw now that he knew what his father's firm stance concerning Voletta. He feared as much but hearing the words from Simon's lips still made him hurt within and it was improper for a prince to show emotions openly.

Retiring from the room altogether was indeed the wiser choice before the talks continued so Merthyr made haste to find The Hanged Man right away and occupy his mind with other matters.
[Playing Simon - on behalf of TheKaleidoscope]

Morgana was in her chambers, having been appointed the best chambers the castle had to offer. Morgana was royalty after all, unlike all the other noble women who were just high born ladies to varying degrees of nobility and power. This made Morgana a far stronger candidate and king Simon had not spared the least effort to keep his enemy's daughter well tended to during her stay, so as to not cause her the least offence and further reason for war.

Morgana had just finished sending word to her father Cenrid about the lack of announcement towards the formal engagement, something she had not taken too kindly. It was clear to her that the prince was stalling his decision altogether on account of a serving girl.

Morgana may have been quiet during the feast but she had indeed been listening into the prince's and king's every word, so she caught the prince's confession of feelings for a servant girl and his intention to propose to her instead. Morgana was far too proud to be humiliated in such a manner, being upstaged by a common maid no less, and vented her fury in a sharply written missive to Cenrid of Mercia which she dispatched right away.

Once the messenger was gone, with all the due precautions taken, she remained in the balcony gazing at the gardens and the city beyond the castle walls and she saw events unfold. From her balcony, Morgana had been able to see the 3 girls at the palace gates causing quite a stir, clearly attempting to leave the castle grounds. This was further proven when The Hanged Man passed by quickly, barking orders loud and clear that signalled an escape.

His alarm marked the perfect opportunity for Morgana to strike at the very heart of this enemy's kingdom. Morgana slipped passed the doors of her chambers, wrapped up in a cloak to conceal herself better and hurried to the dinning hall, often checking to ensure no one would have seen her go there.

Of course, there were neither guards nor servants at the time for king Simon had ordered them all to leave and sent them all away and Morgana found no difficulty letting herself into the room, bursting into the king Simon's presence

"Sire... I am so so sorry to disturb... but I am equally so frightened that I could not help myself. All these clashes of swords and steels, all these barks... I fear for my very life" pleaded Morgana looking anxious

7976bb36aa08b0b19194bf4b51dd641a--merlin-funny-cape-coat.jpg

Simon looked up and nodded in understanding motioning her closer

"I assure you princess Morgana of Mercia that you are very safe here and will remain so whilst you are our honoured guest" assured Simon "Why not help yourself to a drink to soothe your nerves?" prompted Simon watching Morgana smile in agreement

"You are much too kind your majesty... care to join me for a drink as well?" offered Morgana politely

Simon nodded in agreement knowing better than to refuse and upset her further thus he allowed Morgana to bring him the cup.

It was a cup that Morgana slowly filled up with wine from the jug and quickly laced it with poison, well concealed within her long pendant. She dropped the powder, watching it sink into the base of the cup and brought the goblet of red wine to Simon, keeping another into her hand.

"Sire, you do me great honours indeed, I shall toast to your kingdom's prosperity" praised Morgana

Simon, unsuspectant of foul play, took the goblet and toasted the good cause, drinking the contents. Soon after he grasped the throat, finding difficulty in breathing, never mind talking, a burning sensation causing him to cough persistently and soon after collapsed to the ground, growing unconscious and eventually dead, the goblet spilling from his hand onto the floor.

Morgana smiled at the success of her trickery.

Morgana-Season-2-morgana-37867305-500-333.jpg

"Sweet dreams, Conrad, sleep and never wake. Long live my father, king Cenrid of Mercia, of Celinao and the land of Broposan" smiled Morgana

Simon looked horrified as he gasped for air before he breathed no more, becoming still before he could even call for help

Morgana quickly left the dinning hall, unseen by all, returning to her chambers and replacing the cloak, before returning to stand at the balcony as if she had never left in the first place, her eyes following the altercation with interest. A little later, she turned to look on as Martha, her appointed handmaid, came out to the balcony to let her know the food and bath she had requested were finally ready.

"Ahh, thank you Martha, I must thank king Simon for granting me such a dutiful and dedicated handmaid" complimented Morgana as if nothing had gone wrong or changed at all coming inside to eat and bathe and go to sleep.
Merthyr finally reached The Hanged Man's presence, leaning forward a little to catch his breath before straightening up to address the knight.

"Sir Crow... what is happening? how can I assist?" asked Merthyr not assuming this man had any dealings into the escape.

The gate guards couldn't see who the girls were just yet, but the fact that they appeared out of thin air was enough to warrant an arrest--King Simon was not fond of magic. "Halt!" called someone from atop the barbican. "Halt in the name of the king!" As he issued the command, five guards emerged from the gatehouse, all armed. One carried a lantern as well. Without her royal attire, the guards didn't recognize Lilim or Elesa, and fanned out to surround the three of them. "Come on, kittens ... time to explain yourselves ..."

((I'm leaving this open ended so the girls can escape if you want! If not I'll keep NPCing the guards :3))

The Hanged Man turned to face Merthyr, heart thundering in his chest. Just one slip of the tongue and this entire web of lies would come unraveled too soon. Then again ... the prince was of kinder heart than the king.

"A-ah, my liege ..." The knight bowed immediately, trying to stall as long as he could, for the girls' sake. "The, ah--you must gather as many of your men-at-arms as you can and take them down to the dungeon. The Biblian royalty have been abducted ... and--and Voletta with them." Even though he was lying through his teeth, he couldn't bring himself to put blame on Lilim, and instead opted to invent some mysterious kidnapper. He knew his ruse wouldn't last too much longer. "I--he--I don't know who it was who took them, my lord."

As for the fate of King Simon, Crow was none the wiser ...

Voletta would do as she was told, and she would grab the sheets off the bed, and she would sling them over her arm as she takes The Hanged Man's hand and she would close her eyes, taking a deep breath as she tried to prepare herself mentally for the freedom she so desperately longed for. She would remain utterly silent, and she would be shaking almost as she waited for whatever Lilim was going to do to happen. Even with her eyes closed, she could see the blinding golden light through her closed eyelids, but that would soon become irrelevant as she felt hands jerked out of her own. She reached around, desperately trying to find The Hanged Man's hands, to no avail as they were teleported to the yard.

When they were in the yard, she would open her eyes and blink, taking a moment to take in everything that had just happened, before flinging the sheets into the wagon and running over to the gates, clinging to the bars as she cried, shouting out to deaf ears as nobody could hear her in that moment.

"Damn you Crow!! Why!? Why would you do something so foolish?! I was counting on you...your going to get yourself killed!! I'll be back for you! That's a promise!!"

She says before the guards starting rushing out and telling them to halt. She would step back, until she bumped into Lilim and Elesa, tears streaming down her face.

"G-Guys...we have company....if were going to leave, we need to do it now..."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Behind Stone Walls..

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus