Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Behind Stone Walls..

Voletta Lorelia (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((well he's supposed to be evil, cruel, and abusive. So it wouldn't be surprising XD))
Lilim (played anonymously)

(( -_-

Never realized it or never READ it?... I'm starting to feel REALLY insulted that no one has spent 5 minutes of their time looking into Lilim's profile without me first getting onto them about it...

I poured my heart into those web pages dangit!!))

((lilim....*hugs tightly to comfort*))
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

((Uh, I read your page as soon as you joined. I just didn't realize she was invulnerable. I must have missed that part. I'm getting old I guess.))

((I also never specified Lilim's bodily weak point because I want that to be something that is learned IC.))

((we're all getting older in a sense T-T))
((With so many options, choices, possibilities... Simon must be feeling overwhelmed. Everything hangs on his king and his generals / guards))

((true enough))
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

((Voletta, wanna PM Kaleidoscope? :)))

((yeah! If he doesn't respond by tomorrow, maybe Merthyr can post as the guards??))

((tus?? would you wanna post instead??))

((Simon?! Simon!!

Oh god, I feel like Erza at the Tower of Heaven. @_@ ))

((lol I'm just hoping this isn't dead))

((Everyone's just waiting on Simon.))
(( active players - Lilim / Voletta / The Hanged Man - see my group message and reply accordingly ))

((hoping this is continued!))
(( Resuming RP - due to a change of circumstance Simon Haydn (played by Thekaleidoscope) will not continue in the RP. I will try to borrow king Simon and keep him as much in character as I can, for the shortest time as I can ))
[Playing Simon - on behalf of TheKaleidoscope]

Simon had sent the generals away in order to disclose to his son, in the utmost secrecy, the issue at hand, the fact that Voletta was indeed his daughter and thus unsuited to marry Merthyr due to family ties.

No sooner the servants and generals had left the king alone with the prince, Simon motioned Merthyr forward and invited Merthyr to take a seat besides him, where the pair of them could speak to one another in privacy and confidence. Simon had a difficult task at hand and would approach it with the greatest of cares and thoughtfulness.

"Look, son, you cannot marry a slave, if you insist upon Voletta I will have to disown you altogether and find a better suited heir." warned Simon sternly "As you already know very well, our laws and customs do not permit royalty to marry commoners, so you must look to choose a high born damsel. Besides, in this particular case, there is a deeper issue at hand..." trailed off Simon cautiously exposing as many reasons as he could muster to make Merthyr understand he had to forfeit the girl.

It was at this point, mid conversation, that The Hanged Man's commanded orders came through the doors, the knight sounding clearly altered and barking loudly with an aura of command. "They have gone!" The Hanged Man thundered. "They are headed out by way of the underground passage! Quickly, t-to the dungeons! All of you!"

At such words, Merthyr immediately jumped to his feet to offer all assistance he could give. If there was trouble at the castle, it was the crown prince's duty to see that it was successfully resolved.

"Sire, I must go right away and ensure all is well... one can never take too many precautions where your safety is concerned, father" informed Merthyr in a sober and solemn if hasty voice "With your leave, I must go to assist the knights. I shall return shortly, that we may continue our talk" excused Merthyr rising to his feet quickly

Merthyr bowed before the king, leaving Simon sitting alone in the now empty dinning hall, the eventful situation allowing Merthyr to withdraw now that he knew what his father's firm stance concerning Voletta. He feared as much but hearing the words from Simon's lips still made him hurt within and it was improper for a prince to show emotions openly.

Retiring from the room altogether was indeed the wiser choice before the talks continued so Merthyr made haste to find The Hanged Man right away and occupy his mind with other matters.
[Playing Simon - on behalf of TheKaleidoscope]

Morgana was in her chambers, having been appointed the best chambers the castle had to offer. Morgana was royalty after all, unlike all the other noble women who were just high born ladies to varying degrees of nobility and power. This made Morgana a far stronger candidate and king Simon had not spared the least effort to keep his enemy's daughter well tended to during her stay, so as to not cause her the least offence and further reason for war.

Morgana had just finished sending word to her father Cenrid about the lack of announcement towards the formal engagement, something she had not taken too kindly. It was clear to her that the prince was stalling his decision altogether on account of a serving girl.

Morgana may have been quiet during the feast but she had indeed been listening into the prince's and king's every word, so she caught the prince's confession of feelings for a servant girl and his intention to propose to her instead. Morgana was far too proud to be humiliated in such a manner, being upstaged by a common maid no less, and vented her fury in a sharply written missive to Cenrid of Mercia which she dispatched right away.

Once the messenger was gone, with all the due precautions taken, she remained in the balcony gazing at the gardens and the city beyond the castle walls and she saw events unfold. From her balcony, Morgana had been able to see the 3 girls at the palace gates causing quite a stir, clearly attempting to leave the castle grounds. This was further proven when The Hanged Man passed by quickly, barking orders loud and clear that signalled an escape.

His alarm marked the perfect opportunity for Morgana to strike at the very heart of this enemy's kingdom. Morgana slipped passed the doors of her chambers, wrapped up in a cloak to conceal herself better and hurried to the dinning hall, often checking to ensure no one would have seen her go there.

Of course, there were neither guards nor servants at the time for king Simon had ordered them all to leave and sent them all away and Morgana found no difficulty letting herself into the room, bursting into the king Simon's presence

"Sire... I am so so sorry to disturb... but I am equally so frightened that I could not help myself. All these clashes of swords and steels, all these barks... I fear for my very life" pleaded Morgana looking anxious

7976bb36aa08b0b19194bf4b51dd641a--merlin-funny-cape-coat.jpg

Simon looked up and nodded in understanding motioning her closer

"I assure you princess Morgana of Mercia that you are very safe here and will remain so whilst you are our honoured guest" assured Simon "Why not help yourself to a drink to soothe your nerves?" prompted Simon watching Morgana smile in agreement

"You are much too kind your majesty... care to join me for a drink as well?" offered Morgana politely

Simon nodded in agreement knowing better than to refuse and upset her further thus he allowed Morgana to bring him the cup.

It was a cup that Morgana slowly filled up with wine from the jug and quickly laced it with poison, well concealed within her long pendant. She dropped the powder, watching it sink into the base of the cup and brought the goblet of red wine to Simon, keeping another into her hand.

"Sire, you do me great honours indeed, I shall toast to your kingdom's prosperity" praised Morgana

Simon, unsuspectant of foul play, took the goblet and toasted the good cause, drinking the contents. Soon after he grasped the throat, finding difficulty in breathing, never mind talking, a burning sensation causing him to cough persistently and soon after collapsed to the ground, growing unconscious and eventually dead, the goblet spilling from his hand onto the floor.

Morgana smiled at the success of her trickery.

Morgana-Season-2-morgana-37867305-500-333.jpg

"Sweet dreams, Conrad, sleep and never wake. Long live my father, king Cenrid of Mercia, of Celinao and the land of Broposan" smiled Morgana

Simon looked horrified as he gasped for air before he breathed no more, becoming still before he could even call for help

Morgana quickly left the dinning hall, unseen by all, returning to her chambers and replacing the cloak, before returning to stand at the balcony as if she had never left in the first place, her eyes following the altercation with interest. A little later, she turned to look on as Martha, her appointed handmaid, came out to the balcony to let her know the food and bath she had requested were finally ready.

"Ahh, thank you Martha, I must thank king Simon for granting me such a dutiful and dedicated handmaid" complimented Morgana as if nothing had gone wrong or changed at all coming inside to eat and bathe and go to sleep.
Merthyr finally reached The Hanged Man's presence, leaning forward a little to catch his breath before straightening up to address the knight.

"Sir Crow... what is happening? how can I assist?" asked Merthyr not assuming this man had any dealings into the escape.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Behind Stone Walls..

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus