Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Oh, hi!

Hello~ I'm Momiko. c:

I've never been apart of a site like this, so I've very interested to see how everything works and of what wonders I can discover. :D I really love the idea of being able to flesh out my characters and have them readily available for others to view. (I don't, however, have art of my characters. Will this affect how people may view them?)

I've been role playing for...a good while. I can't actually remember how old I was when I started, so let's say six or seven years and be done with it, eh? I love to tell a story, I love to create a story and I love to see others enjoy that story. c:

I mostly role play urban fantasy or high fantasy genres with a sprinkling of romance to top it off. (What can I say? I'm sappy.) I occasionally want something dark and gritty - something that really gets you thinking and pulls your heart strings every which way. I also, sometimes, crave all kinds of tragedy and painful emotions. :B Yeah, a bit of this or that.

< n < I love vampires, guize. I've been gettin' pushed around and shunned a little for that, but you guys seem like a pretty accepting and varied group of people. I like that. So let's rejoice in the vampires! (And werewolves and shifters and demons and things that go bump in the night!)

Okay - I rambled enough! XD;

- Mo
Minerva

I play plenty in the field of both modern fantasy and high fantasy. Modern high fantasy is like ... Luci, Ferous, Ash. Modern low fantasy (ala comic book style nananananana batman) is Rafe. Auroch is any genre. --Actually the modern-high-fantasy trio can be any genre but they're most established in modern. Rumea, Zenthus, Rudianos are multiplanar high fantasy, sourced from a medieval world but capable of being inserted anywhere, etc! I'm certain you and I can find something to do together.

That said, profile images aren't that important to some people. Actually, I'm quite impressed that you didn't reflexively run to google or deviantart and type the first convenient thing into a search engine. A lot of people do that and I find it offensive to original artists (no offense to anyone here who does it.) That said, there's a lot of artists around here that will do custom work for varying prices and qualities. Come this Christmas I'll have a scanner again and I run 7$ on average for a color full-body piece. If that appeals, maybe we can work something out!

I will warn I don't do much in romance but surely you can have someone else fulfill that. Ash has a harem which not many people like falling into, Luci's a heartbreaker, Ferous is uninterested, Zenthus uses servants, so on and so forth. Buuut I love adventure, and gritty things, and I love meeting experienced RPers.

All in all, you're right, RPR is an excessively friendly place so you shouldn't have anything to really worry about!
Sanne Moderator

Hi there!! :3

Welcome to RPR. First thing first, I really like your introduction. :) I have a feeling you won't just be able to get along with us just fine, but perhaps even become one of our awesome long term members of Awesome. :D You will feel like a fish in the water!

Art isn't a huge issue. You're not allowed to use copyrighted material (we take that down when the artist requests it from us and that can get you into trouble) but there are many places that can help you get something started! Dollmakers are popular and just require you to toss a link back with the image. If you want human facial references, MorphThing is pretty darn handy!

I like your 'I like a little bit of everything' and oh god YES sappiness! I'm such a huge sucker for it myself. XD Drama, intensity; when a roleplay can make me feel super excited, or sad, or generally screws around with my feelings it's just amazing. I hear you there!

Vampires are awesome! I don't much like the sparkly variant myself, but I won't shun you if you do. Heck, might even be fun to do some crazy sparkle versus nonsparkle roleplay for a good laugh. XD

Don't be afraid to let us know if you have any questions about the site or need help finetuning your character profiles. :)
Hey there! Welcome to RPR, this place is actually pretty cool! I don't think not having art will be a big issue for you, in fact before I joined up on RPR it never occurred to me to pay someone to draw my characters XD

I know just what you mean about vampires! I love them too, but don't talk about it much because people just automatically assume that I like Twilight :p

Hope you have a great time here, sounds like you'll fit in just fine :)
Ooooooooh! Welcome! You sound fantastically awesomely amazingly great! Also I love rp and RPR soooooo that means I need to give you ALL the loves and welcomes!

That sounds wrong...I shall fix this with cookies. Do you like cookies? I do hope so...

WELCOME TO RPR! * FANFARE*

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Oh, hi!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus