Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Once a God

Lupus 'Raziel' Shado (played by Lupus-Raziel-Shadows)

gl-77353-1507563459.jpg

Recrutment thread

Lupus stood behind the cash register of a small coffee shop near the edge of L.A. with a fake smile. It was rather convincing though, only people who knew him would tell that it was fake. In his mind reeled thoughts of the recent events that landed him here, working like a common mortal. After serving the last order in the past wave of customers, he leaned against the counter and closed his eyes to take a short breather, only to relive the event in his mind once more.

He stood before a great beast of a woman. She was solid black, with four red eyes and a terrifying grin. “What, your mother never told you of me? What a pity.” She would taunt the young white haired god, causing Lupus to lunge forward at her, only to be dodged and smacked to the ground. “Well, now that I have control of her body again, I’m going to have some fun. First, let’s see how you do as a common mortal.” She spoke again, accompanied by a wild laugh. She held her hands towards him as he turned to look, sending a beam of dark magic his way. Then all was black.

The white haired man was brought back from his thoughts by the ring of the bell at the door. “Hello, welcome to Ray’s Coffee and Latte,” He would say in an almost painfully cheery voice. And the routine would begin again.

Hours later, he walked out of the shop, flipping the open sign to close as he did so. He pulled his black leather jacket on over his white tank top as he began to walk down the street. His black boots clacked against the pavement, echoing in the strangely empty street. In time he finally reached to forest at the edge of the city, not far from his own apartment. He would venture into the trees, finding a clearing and sitting crosslegged in the middle. He held his hands cupped in front of him, focusing on his palms. A small white and purple flame would flicker into existence, the flicker out just as fast. It enticed an exasperated sigh from the man, who would flop on his back in the grass.
“Why did it have to be me!?” He called to the sky.
Aelrindal (played by Ronan)

"Why did wha’ ‘ave to be ya?" Aelrindal shouted back, hopefully in the general direction of the disembodied voice.

Perhaps the floating portal he'd found had led him to a world where the trees could talk. That would be awesome. And, yeah, maybe running into giant, glowing objects isn't the most sensible pass time, but everyone has hobbies! Actually it's less of a hobby and more of an ill advised way to escape angry, screaming mobs. Not that he's done it before. They really should make a safety pamphlet about this sort of thing.

He glanced behind him and, upon finding no plausible way to get back to his world, decided to go look for the mystery guy. If they're hanging around in the woods at night then they probably aren't normal. Then again, anything could be normal in this world. Cross-dimentional travel without preparation should be put in the 'don't' column of the pamphlet.
Lupus 'Raziel' Shado (played by Lupus-Raziel-Shadows) Topic Starter

((It's all good y'all, sorry it took awhile, was trying to recruit a few more people.))

Lupus immediately looked up, and jumped to his feet. He did not see who had called back at him. He spun around, looking about the clearing in the dimming light of the day. Soon night would fall, and he would have to leave. On thing he learned about living in this rather mundane world, as a rather mundane person is that is was not a good idea to stay out after dark.

"Who's there?" He replied, yelling out into the growing darkness. Given that he could not use his abilities, nor no long has access to his super strength, he was still a skilled fighter. He would fight if he had to, but he decided it would be best to try and talk first.

Who’s there?” came the same diembodied voice as before.

Aelrindal blinked, assessing where it came from, before realising he had been wondering in the complete wrong direction. He twisted round and crashed towards the voice, not meaning to make as much noise as he did. It was unfamiliar terrain and he was exhausted and disorientated. Not that he’d let it show. Much.

“Heard ya shout!” He yelled back, acutely aware that he had absolutely no idea where he was, “And I’m’a tad lost! Was wonderin’ if ya could help?”
Aramaya (played by Dallaspcrp)

Just then a beautifully pinkish red centaur with a twinkling horn on her forehead walked through the door into the shop. Her red hair came to her mid back and lighting her pinkish toned skin were tiny freckles. Her bright green eyes looked around the establishment taking in her surroundings of humans and those of different descendants.

Carefully she walked towards the counter waiting in line to place her order. Her white spring dress flowed around her front hooves and lay on her hindquarters.
Renai (played by JinxVoid)

Afterwords a small fox like creature looked through the window of the shop at the humans and horse that was in the shop

Aelrindal wrote:

Aelrindal blinked, assessing where it came from, before realising he had been wondering in the complete wrong direction. He twisted round and crashed towards the voice, not meaning to make as much noise as he did. It was unfamiliar terrain and he was exhausted and disorientated. Not that he’d let it show. Much.

“Heard ya shout!” He yelled back, acutely aware that he had absolutely no idea where he was, “And I’m’a tad lost! Was wonderin’ if ya could help?”

"Follow my voice, though I don't see how you could get lost out here. This forest isn't all that big."
Lupus would roll his eyes, the red irises still glowed slightly despite the lack of magic. Some people in this world actually amused him to certain extents. His white hair, on the other hand, stood out in the dark like a sour thumb.

Lupus wrote:
Aelrindal wrote:

"Follow my voice, though I don't see how you could get lost out here. This forest isn't all that big."
Lupus would roll his eyes, the red irises still glowed slightly despite the lack of magic. Some people in this world actually amused him to certain extents. His white hair, on the other hand, stood out in the dark like a sour thumb.

“Ah’am! It jus’ echos,” Aelrindal retorted as he continued crashing through the foliage. He was pleased to hear the voice louder, which meant he head now heading in the right direction. What direction that is, well, anyome other than him knows. Going through the portal (admittedly not a smart move) had scrambled his sense of direction.

There was a tiny flash of colour ahead. Bright white and dim, glowing red. Hopefully this is the guy and, with any luck, magic existed in this world.

“‘Ello there, mi ami - acquain’ance. Ah h‘eard ya yell, then ya heard me yell an’ ah wanned ta say...” Aelrindal barrelled through into a small clearing where a white haired, red eyed man was standing.
Ares remained patiently leaning against the trees, up to this point he did not make his presence known at all but by now boredom had taken over and decided to show himself up.

"Well, well, well... the lord of revenge, reduced to serving humans their grub... how does you new fate suit you?" quizzed Ares with a sly smile, the god of war now held revenge powers and he had to admit it felt great

His eyes were currently on the man who burst from the trees, yet when he was about to answer another man showed himself. Someone who somehow knew who he was. Lupus was confused, he had never seen him before in his life.

"How do you know me?"
He asked, narrowing his eyes. For now he thought that this man was more import to answer.
Ares looked at Lupus meaningfully, wondering if Lupus had entirely lost his memories from when he lived among gods now that he was reduced to humanity or whether he was simply playing the ignorant card, but he played along all the same answering the question.

deliverer56_1024.jpg

"Well... I am Ares... the god of war and lord of discord... and now the new god of Retribution too, if such word rings a bell..." trailed off briefly

"As for how I knew you... well... your powers know its former master for sure, I would notice you even if you stood at the furthest end of this living world" pointed out Ares

"I am here to be your companion, your new judge and somewhat your minder, when you can prove yourself worthy, you may get your powers back... for now... seems rather distant a reward. I mean, clearly, you struggle to navigate home without the least distraction and have completely forgotten the deities altogether, you shall have to learn about them all over again before you can rejoin them. They might otherwise take offence" mused Ares thoughtfully

"Don't tell me that beastCyn sent you."
He said warningly. In fact, he had not forgot the gods, but whatever gods this man spoke of, he did not know. Probably gods of this wretched planet he was stuck on for now. Lupus crossed his arms, he was clearly not amused.
"I know not what 'gods' you speak of, but I know where I come from, I know the deities of my realm."
"Now now, Lupus, do not call her beast... Cyn is a goddess... a powerful delightfully mischievous goddess" corrected Ares throwing his arms up in the air

"With such commentry as this from your lips, you will be cleaning dishes far longer than I envisaged. I must admit that childminding mortals is hardly amusing past time for a warrior as I am, you get damaged far too easily, so maybe you should try to keep yourself out of gods' wraths, deadly encounters... avoid danger, you know, what you humans call survival" muttered Ares rubbing the back of his neck uncomfortably

"I have the task to watch over you but don't expect aid if you go offending Cyn calling her such names. You have to be careful with what you say, you do know all the gods can hear the living? This living world is the only dimension where all gods from all dominions can meet up and cause a rucus, so you should be cautious... I was acknowledged by these mortals in times of the fearless Greeks and the mighty Romans. Clearly overtime our worship has died down if you no longer even knew us, but still, it is equally pleasing to roam the earth once again and see our sculptures, paintings still spread around the world" assured Ares.

"So... how is... mortality... coming along?" quizzed Ares with a small smile
Talia (played by MoonKunoichi)

Talia heard their voices as they argued, tried to hold onto their words in her head, make sense of it all. But her distress was mounting. Impatient, anxious and torn; The man with the white hair was a God.

She had followed him on a whim; He had been the first real person she had seen with white hair like hers, the others she had seen were in faded memories of a time she did not remember. Had that even existed or was it some form of reoccurring memory that all fateweaver's possessed?

Still, Talia had hope, had wished that the man she followed carefully was the same as she. The powers of fate did not belong in her hands for Talia did not believe she was a Goddess. But then who else could posses such a thing? Surely, she hoped, that she was merely a fateweaver and nothing more.

Straining to hear what else they spoke of and to gain a better understanding, Talia took a step forward and without warning her tattoo began to flare up, bathing the forestry around her in Azure blue light. Panicking in the fear of being caught She tumbled even more and snapped several twigs beneath her feet.

It was definitely the opposite of what she had in mind. The powers of fate were always screwing her over. Maybe they wouldn't notice...

"I assure you I am no human."
He clenched his fist in slight anger. Momentarily he reformed the connection to his magic, causing his eyes to glow solid red as they should. Yet the connection would be short lived, and the glow would fade. Once more his power would be locked away deep within himself. Yet before he could answer the god of war's question, something else caught his attention. A blue glow and the sound of snapping twigs. He turned to look at the cause of these events, unsure of what it may be.
Ares chuckled at the insistence and smiled broadly at Lupus, a quizzical raised eye brow as the red glowing eyes were but a passing flickering feat.

"So... you are no human, eh? very well then, prove yourself, light up fire for us all to see, that is... after all... the simplest of all spells. Summon flames and keep them burning, if you can even manage that" challenged Ares having already seen him miserably fail at that and expecting no better this time round, keen to make the youth understand he was more than human than he dared admit
Talia (played by MoonKunoichi)

Talia did her very best to stay completely still, even managing to hold her breath as saw the man with the red eyes cut his gaze in her general direction. Slowly but surely, the light from her tattoo faded and she let out her breath when the other entity didn't notice her. Talia wasn't too sure what would be done to her if she was found out but she hoped that the white haired man would stay distracted and focused on the other man in front of him.

What use would a fateweaver have on an apparent fallen God? Could the fates of Gods even be tampered with?

Swallowing around the lump in her throat, Talia clenched and unclenched her hands. Her palms were sweating and her mouth felt extremely dry. Carefully, she weighed her options and quickly peered around the tree trunk she had chosen to hide behind. She could either run and act like this event had never happened or she could face it up front. Switching her gaze between the two men, Talia chewed upon her lip. Neither option was too appealing and Talia knew that she could not just turn away.

These God's were interesting and for now, she merely watched.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Once a God

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus