Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Dystopian RP

TheLily

Once upon a time, we were a thriving nation. We were built on the dimensions of a book written by a man named Plato. We were to have three classes – the common citizen, the soldiers and the rulers. The Rulers were philosophers, like Plato himself. They were wise men, but given none of what the solders might have and of course none of what the common man might have.

They had no wealth, no wives, and the children they conceived were never raised by them. Their lack made them strong for the rest of the city. They told us only stories that had the right morals for us, and at first we listened to music, looked at art, we learned poetry. We did physical activities.

It was the fables that went first. Then poetry. Art. Music. Only the books meant to teach about Socrates and Plato were kept – but heavily censored. No one had any luxuries, we were only given what we needed. The soldiers were given more than us. They needed it more. The Rulers, philosophers kept what little they had.

Soon, the soldiers were given only what they needed.

It was all we got.

Some of us, though, we kept books. Paintings. Small statues. We hid them away. We talked amongst our families, we read the stories. We looked at the art. We listened to each other’s singing voices. We had saved the luxuries, but sometimes we were caught.

When we were, we were killed.

It was a risk worth taking.

Characters would take the role of regular citizens, perhaps soldiers. They will be rebels, using arts to keep their humanity in a clean, cold world.

Let me know if you're interested.
INTERESTED!
I think I could come up with a character for this
TheLily Topic Starter

I'll work on a character tonight. :)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Dystopian RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus