Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Let Me Be Closer to the Sun [private roleplay]

Nakir (played by sahloknir) Topic Starter

"Echo," Nakir repeated quietly, nodding slightly as he watched her. She was the only one he'd met so far, but he liked to repeat the name anyway, match it to her face. No doubt it would be awkward if he couldn't connect the two. It wasn't any less or more than what he expected as he really wasn't sure what to expect. He returned to playing with the hem of the robe's sleeve, his hands falling into his lap as he twisted the fabric carefully. It wasn't anything more than a nervous habit. He blinked, taking a while longer to answer. He wasn't aware staring was a less than abnormal action.

"My name..." For a moment, he considered keeping that to himself. The less she knew the better and he knew why he thought that, but at the same time he knew it wasn't like him to want to tell lies. The bracelet, as if as a warning for even thinking about it, began to warm and grow closer to his skin. Besides, he was sure he'd already shared it... in whatever jumble of words he'd been uttering on the forest floor. He considered the possibility she may have hidden her name, but there was something that told him to quickly get rid of that thought. She trusted him for some reason, bringing him into her house when she had absolutely no idea how he might've reacted. Even if the bracelet that prevented him from lying wasn't wrapped around his wrist, he decided he still would've told her his name. "My name is Nakir."

Watching her was intriguing, to say the least. She smiled a lot. It wasn't that Nakir never saw anyone smile, but angels weren't exactly happy-go-lucky all the time, either. There were vague memories in his mind from way before whatever happened to cause his fall to Earth. Some of those he worked with were too serious at times, and the few smiles he got were forced, or sarcastic. What had he done wrong? He glanced at her ears as they twitched. Another thing. Humans' ears couldn't do that, but elf's did. He assumed it was just as much a factor in body language as the movement of one's hands or eyes. Her lips were moving again and he pulled himself away from his thoughts, catching her words in time to understand what was being said.

A small frown tugged at his mouth. He wasn't sure what had been funny about what he said, so it was more so from confusion than any real unhappiness. "I am being quite the burden, however." He glanced at the bowl again as she explained she taught herself to cook and it was another noteworthy trait of hers. He'd wanted to compliment whoever her teacher was, but apparently he'd already done so if she was true in her words. Nakir looked back to her and tilted his head slightly. "If by that you mean comfortable... then yes. Thank you very much." He smiled, twisting more of the fabric in his hand. Normally, those who spoke to him were quite formal, but he wasn't totally lost in some lingo of Earth.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Let Me Be Closer to the Sun [private roleplay]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus