Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Epicness interacting with permanent character slot

Kim Site Admin

Blackito just sent me a list of questions about how Epicness works, and gave me permission to report my answers here just in case anyone had the same questions.

Blackito wrote:
What happens to the 10 slots that I do not use? I would think that if I havent used them then they would just go back to being locked, right?

I'm not entirely sure I understand this question, but let me take a stab at it. Epicness adds 10 slots to your account for as long as you have Epicness. If you have 20 permanent slots (10 basic + 10 you bought), that means you will have room for 30 characters so long as you are Epic. So when your Epicness expires, you will suddenly only have 20 slots. If you have more than 20 characters, characters in erstwhile slots 21-30 will not be deleted, they will just be locked from being edited until your account once again has enough slots to fit them. That could be achieved by becoming Epic again, or by acquiring more permanent slots. Does that answer that, or did I misunderstand?
Blackito wrote:
What happens to the 30 character gallery slots if my epic runs out? Do I get to keep them since it was for all characters? Or do I need to upgrade to epic again to have the 30 once more?

Just like the extra 10 slots, the 30 images are ephemeral and only available so long as you have Epicness. The images won't be deleted, they'll just not show up in your gallery to visitors. You can rearrange your images to figure out which 20 you do want to be visible (the first 20 are always the ones shown).
Blackito wrote:
Since I started out with 10 as a basic, and bought 10. That leaves me with 20. Are any of the other characters going to end up locked to me if my epic runs out or no?

No. The extra 10 slots for Epicness just stacks on top of anything you already have. For you, characters in slots 1-20 will always be unlocked. If you happened to get more permanent slots while Epic, that would mean that you had 35 slots available, of which slots 1-25 would always be unlocked.

I hope this helps others who are confused. :)
Kim this is fabulous! I'm sure it will indeed help others, it definitely gave me a clearer understanding!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

I think I will add updating the FAQ to be clearer about these concepts to my to-do list as well. :)

You are on: Forums » Help » Epicness interacting with permanent character slot

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus