Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » N7 Day - Mass Effect celebrations!

Sanne Moderator

n7day-vignette-femshep-t.jpg

Today marks the first annual N7 Day! YAY. Many thanks to Darth_Angelus for letting me know about this!
Quote:
To commemorate the 5 year anniversary this month of the original Mass Effect, BioWare will be celebrating with a day filled with in-game and online fun. And you can join us!

I seriously suggest you go check out that page if you're an ME fan. They have tons of goodies, including posters you can print out (66MB in filesize, hellooooooo high res!), a graphics pack for icons and banners 'n stuff and much much more.

So tell me, what part of the game do you enjoy most? What drew you in?

Please put spoilers in designated SPOILER TAGS for those who haven't but intend to play it! Spoiler tags are used as follows:
Code:
[spoiler]Your text with spoiler goes here.[/spoiler]
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

I entered their contest and submitted my N7 pancakes!

n2uyo.jpg
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I sent them this one :D

217836_10151166786214925_2059498931_n.jpg

Yours is like x10000000000 better! XD Love it!!

Alright. I guess I'll go first to share my ME experiences and why I love it so much!

First off, it's because of (you!) Darth that I actually got it. He got me all excited about it so I decided to grab myself a copy. Once I got used to the controls and figured out I could custom not only Shep, but also custom a Femshep, I restarted the game halfway through the first mission. XD

From there on it's been one major emotional bond after another. The storyline is intense, the dialogue keeps making sense no matter which options you pick and everything flows seamlessly together. I found out Femshep could romance Kaidan (hell yes). (Spoilers:) I never thought making an IC decision would get me so upset, but every time I have to pick between Kaidan and Ashley on Virmire, I cry. Because I romance Kaidan in my entire game, I can't leave him behind and sleep at night. Seriously. But Ashley's also Shepard's friend, and she willingly sacrifices herself when you take your pick. I always gets me without fail and I cry like a baby!

All throughout the game, your decisions affect everything you do. You can import characters from finished games from ME 1, to ME2, and from ME 2 to ME 3. Things you did in ME 1 can affect the way the plot plays out in ME 3, both minor and major things.

And I have to say, while it's tempting to get Shepard involved with others during Kaidan's absence in ME 2, it's so, so worth it to wait for him every single time. ;) I just can't get myself to do it. It actually makes me feel bad.

All in all, when the final game ended, I was emotionally broken. It was over. I didn't want it to be. I've never been so upset about a series of games coming to an end! That's how much I've grown to love ME. My second play through the game, while I stick to the same general idea and respond as how I would respond in real life, is actually different from my first. Doing quests in a different order actually influences dialogue and plot.

No other game has ever gotten me so addicted and blown my mind away. I <3 Darth for getting me hooked. For serious.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » N7 Day - Mass Effect celebrations!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus